11. The music on your website (http://www.mindfusegames.com) is absolutely gorgeous. Is this track included in Gatheryn?
Thanks for the compliment and yes the track will be included. We're very cognizant of the fact that music is absolutely integral to setting the mood in an experience such as Gatheryn. So, the soundtrack will be a very important element.
12. Who is the composer? Are other tracks finished?
We are not ready to talk about music or soundtracks for the game, we have a few musicians and studios we are working with but we are not releasing their information yet.
13. For whom are you developing Gatheryn? Would you categorize it as a "tweens-friendly" game or is it more for older teens and adults?
Gatheryn, we're hoping, will appeal to a few different audiences. Older teenagers who have moved past the Second Life and youth-oriented MMOG experiences will find Gatheryn more adult and immersive.
Another audience is women who play casual games at portals like Pogo and Yahoo! Games. Casual game portals boast insane numbers of concurrent users, but they lack a certain cohesiveness and community that we at MindFuse think players are yearning for. Gatheryn offers the same popular casual games in an environment that encourages social interaction and friendship building. Additionally, the main storyline will further draw players into the experience.
And finally, anyone who is interested in the steam-powered, Victoriana aesthetic will find something to love in Gatheryn.
14. Will there be "safe environments" for younger players?
No, we will limit profanity as much as possible and Gatheryn will be moderated but we will not be policing the game. We do however offer the option of banning players if you find them to be profane.
15. Will Gatheryn be a subscription game or will it run on the micro-transaction model?
This is one of the things that we're discussing in earnest, but there is definitely something to be said for both the subscription and micro-transaction model. I don't think it's necessary for an online game developer to exclusively go with one model or another. Using both simultaneously is a viable option.
16. What will the monthly fee be or, if Gatheryn will use micro-transactions, what types of things will players be able to purchase?
Well, we haven't decided firmly on the payment system yet, but some amount of micro-transaction capability is certainly a possibility. Because Gatheryn is so rich in detail and aesthetic, it'd be reasonable to imagine that clothes, accessories, and decorations for player dwellings would be available for purchase.
17. Does MindFuse have any other games in development? If so, can you tell us anything about them?
Currently we're focusing on the Gatheryn experience exclusively, including planned expansions.
18. If no other games are in development, does MindFuse have plans for other games? Do you plan to keep the same sort of model for the target audience?
Some of the mini games we are working on are really cool and we may want to release them outside of Gatheryn someday, but are not decided on that.
19. So far, what has been the greatest challenge while developing Gatheryn?
Well, it's been tough to accept that we're not going to make all of our ideas a reality (at least not when the game launches). So we're trying to concentrate on the elements we're most excited about - the variety of casual games, community, story and the beauty of the world itself.
20. What has been the greatest triumph so far?
Really seeing our ideas come to life in the form of Gatheryn has been extremely rewarding.
21. Please add any other information, teasers or tidbits that you'd like your audience to know.
I'd encourage everyone interested in what we are creating to visit www.mindfusegames.com for more info about Gatheryn. Visit the registration page to sign up for a chance to get in the beta and provide valuable feedback.