Mitra's Method: Stephen "weezer" Spiteri's Age of Conan ColumnAsk Mitra: Your Age of Conan Questions Answered!Mitra's Method: Stephen "weezer" Spiteri's Age of Conan Column - RSS 2.0
19. What kind of downtime between fights will there be?
Using the "rest" or "recover" ability, you'll be able to regain your health, stamina, and mana quite quickly; within about 10 or so seconds. You are also able to purchase consumables from vendors - meals and drinks - to help augment your recovery time. Basically, you are able to go from mob to mob without much downtime in between. No rest for the wicked in Hyboria!
20. At what level can you buy your first mount?
Given you had the money, you could purchase your first mount as soon as you came into contact with a mount vendor (level 19 or 20, logically). This, however, may not be possible as the money you may have at this level will not make it possible, that and there's no sense in doing so since you will not be able to ride the mount until level 40.
The mount-types in Age of Conan vary, and the better quality ones are obviously more expensive.
21. Is there going to be a voice system in Age of Conan?
There are hundreds of hours worth of recorded voice acting in Age of Conan, but no, there is no "voice system" in the game if you are referring to recording voices and sounds yourself and adding them to your own character like you could do in Baldur's Gate (if memory serves). You will, however, at character creation be able to choose a voice set that will give your character a distinct sound when need to make sounds, e.g. those Maria Sharipova-like grunts in battle, etc.
22. How will the Stygians be able to do dungeons/raids? They don't seem to have any tanking class.
Races are not "sides". This means that players playing a character of a certain race will be able to team up with characters of different races. For example, a Stygian will be able to team up any Cimmerian, any Aquilonian, and obviously any other Stygian. So if your Stygian-only team requires a "tank", you could always recruit an Aquilonian Soldier of some sort, or a Cimmerian Soldier or some sort.
If you are, however, playing within a strictly Stygian-only guild or team or whatever, then the Herald of Xotli has some tanking ability, so you might be able to get away with not using any Soldier class at all.
23. Some PvP in Age of Conan seems to take place at a certain time of the day. My question is, for all those people playing in Australia, New Zealand and the rest of Oceania, will there be a server running in these zones, will there be a server running on our time-zone (from Europe or North-America - similar to Oceanic servers in World of Warcraft), or will there just not be a server for us at all?
24. Are there plans to implement an "auto-zoom" option to the off the shoulder cam when entering combat with a bow, followed by a zoom back out to full 3rd person on return to melee?
25. Will the races be able to group together or will it be only within their specific races that people can group?
26. What are, if any, the incentives to not be mounted in combat in Age of Conan? Or is everybody better off riding at least something in combat?
27. Do the PvE servers have the siege PvP in it?
The PvP on PvE servers will only ever take place in the Border Kingdoms and Sieges. Then of course there are PvP mini-games which can be started using the 'Search' user interface.
28. I was wondering how the switch is between single player to multiplayer? How does it work, exactly?
The switch between single player and multiplayer is only available in Tortage (the "tutorial" zone of the game), where you switch between day and night by either sleep on a bunk in the Thirsy Dog Inn, or by speaking to your class trainer for the first 19 to 20 levels. Going to single player mode (night time) will allow you to attempt your initial Destiny quests. Day time, or multiplayer/MMO mode, as it suggests, will allow you to team up with your friends, guildmates, pick-up-groups, etc., in order to complete the quests in Tortage and its outskirts. You will still be able to access global chats and so on while in the night time/single player mode.