100 Years' War is a historic MMORPG inspired by the legendary war between Britain and France in the middle ages.
Developed by IGG using the famed Unreal 3D engine, 100 Years' War takes players back in time with vivid graphics, cinematic narrations and detailed storylines. Set amidst the grandeur of medieval Europe, this new 3D MMORPG places you in the heart of a struggle that has endured since the dawn of time. as the battle plays out between these 2 great nations - YOU, the player, will hold the key to deciding the fate of this epic historical event.
- Best 3D RPG: Based on Unreal 3D engine, HYW takes player back in time with vivid graphic, cinematic narrations and detailed storylines.
- Strengthen Your Character: The feature system including enhancement, transfer, drill, and reset, etc help mercenaries to upgrade his equipment and make himself stronger.
- Various Dungeons and Events: More than 15 Instances and Event Dungeons available and world bosses refresh in wild map at fixed time, come defeat them to get the abundant rewards!
- Guild Clashes: Besides the friends we will make with in our adventure journey, the enemies are sometimes inevitable. Join a guild and team-up to protect yourself or fight back!
100 Years War is an MMORPG based on the century-long conflict between Britain and France during the Middle Ages. Taking on the role of Mage, Rogue, Ranger, or Paladin, players travel across the game world solving quests, fighting monsters, and collecting loot. Although the player can have interactions with figures like Joan of Arc, 100 Years' War is more a JRPG fantasy-retelling of events than a strictly historical affair. While sticklers for accuracy may not be impressed with oversized swords and warriors with overly-revealing clothing, 100 Years War does provide a visually engaging gaming experience that anyone can jump into.
100 Years' War actually started life as a Chinese MMO developed using the Unreal Engine. The game has since been ported by developer IGG for North America, allowing Western audiences the chance to experience the game for themselves. The game was eventually released as a Facebook browser game in 2011, although the title makes use of very few social features overall. A fullscreen client mode is available through the browser for anyone hoping for a more traditional gaming experience.
Despite its vast historical setting, 100 Years' War is by and large a short-and-sweet beat-em-up RPG. The core game provides standard fare exploration and monster grinds, with 15 instances and event dungeons for players to experience at higher levels. Regular RPG players may find the experience old hat, but as a casual play experience it can be quite effective. Being able to boot up the game in Facebook to take on monsters with friends or guild-mates is a relatively painless experience, effective for killing time. Newcomers to RPGs should also appreciate that it's actually impossible for your character to be killed during the initial character levels, helping players get a handle on things. The game's graphics, while technically dated, use an anime art style that helps add visual appear to the game's environments. The world is bright and colorful, and its heroes larger-than-life, providing a JRPG style to the Western historical period.
All told, the combination of a casual gameplay, charming visual asthetics, and Facebook access makes 100 Years' War an ideal choice new RPG players, or for veteran RPG players looking for an MMO to jump into with friends.
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (2.0 GHz) or AMD Athlon 2100+
- RAM: 1GB
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce FX5200 or ATI Radeon 9600
- Hard Drive Space: 1GB