Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited (DDO for short) is an officially licensed, free-to-play MMO set in the most famous fantasy role-playing universe of all time. In the vast and dangerous online world of Eberron, gamers slay monsters, discover hidden treasure and evade traps left behind by an ancient race. An intense, "realistic" combat system immerses players in visceral battles against a vast array of fantasy foes and other players as a sword-swinger, a spellcaster or something in between. Playable races range from humans, elves and dwarves to the more exotic drow, half-orc and warforged, and while everything is free-to-play, convenience and customization options are available for purchase along with optional subscription plans for fans who want unlimited access to all content.
- Intense, meaty combat against a wondrous horde of beasts and monsters
- Play as classic D&D races and classes, or go for something more exotic like a Warforged Artificer or a Halfling Barbarian
- Instanced dungeons mean no lining up to kill the Great Enemy of All Life
- Different PvP modes allow casual brawling and competitive arena combat
- More than 30 Adventure Packs available individually or all at once through a VIP subscription
- Free-to-play, with DDO Store points awarded just for embarking on your adventures
- Gamers with high-end PCs can opt for the "ultimate graphical experience" with the High-Resolution version
- It's Dungeons & Dragons - Online!
Dungeons & Dragons Online is all about exploring dungeons, killing monsters and collecting treasure in the massive fantasy world of Eberron. Eberron boasts several continents and climates, covered by a wide variety of nations, cultures, beasts, monsters and of course other players. It is a world of great technology powered by magic, but one in which the sword, the mace and the bow still hold a central place in personal combat and massed warfare.
The lands of Dungeons & Dragons Online outside the safety of taverns and cities are filled with opportunities for adventure. Quests and raids through instanced catacombs and ruins are everywhere, and thanks to the tailoring of a built-in "Dungeon Master," they'll automatically adjust to accommodate solo players, full-sized parties and everything in-between. DDO also offers unique, private "Adventure Areas" which players can explore at their own pace in groups as large as 12, without fear of losing gold or glory to others.
And for those who don't mind a little risk now and then, Dungeons & Dragons Online provides three different ways to engage other players in PvP combat. The PvP "challenge system" pits two players in any public zone against each other in a private arena for some mano-a-mano action, Open Tavern Brawls allow players to instigate or join in massive bar fights and Global Match-Up Arenas feature more formalized combat between teams of up to six players each.
Dungeons & Dragons Online has been a free-to-play game since 2009, meaning you can embark upon epic adventures without spending a penny. Even better, just playing the game earns points that can be spent in the DDO Store, where you can purchase a range of "convenience items," premium content modules, extra character slots, hirelings, potions, customization items and more. Players who want to spend a few dollars here and there for specific items can buy Turbine Points to spend in the store as they wish, while serious fans can opt for a VIP subscription that opens up unlimited access to in-game content plus priority server access, all characters and classes, a shared bank slot and other exclusive options. But it's all completely optional: The DDO Store lets players quickly round out and enhance their in-game experience, but in the end, there's no substitute for the glory and gold found at the bottom of a dungeon.
- OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 2 is recommended)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.6GHz or AMD equivalent (with SSE support)
- RAM: 1GB
- Graphics Card: 64MB Hardware Transform & Lighting (T&L) compatible
- Connection: Broadband Internet Connection
- API: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive Space: 11GB
- OS: Vista or Windows 7 64bit with latest Service Packs and updates
- CPU: Dual-Core Intel or AMD processor (Pentium D or newer; Athlon 64 X2 or newer)
- RAM: 1 GB RAM, 2GB RAM for high resolution textures
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600 or newer, ATI Radeon HD 2600 or newer; with 256MB or better
- Connection: Broadband Internet Connection
- API: DirectX 10 or 11
- Hard Drive Space: 15GB