Also known as Champions of Regnum, this fantasy MMO PvP game asks you to pick from one of several races - elves, dwarves, human - and battle it out, army versus army. In Argentina, where it was first developed, this title's name is Regnum Online.
Though the game was developed by NGD, it doesn't run all of the servers; some of the European servers are operated by Gamigo AG.
This is a free to play title, without a subscription. However there is special content and items, only available to those who buy it with Ximerin, an in-game currency available via NGD.
- Available in multiple languages: Spanish, English and German.
- Attack and capture enemy fortifications!
- Available via Steam.
- Plenty of PvP modes, from capture the flag to Deathmatch, and victory in PvP can eventually earn you a spot in the Hall of Fame!
It's time to go to war. The other races are trying to get control over the mystic golden dragon that grants wishes, and if you don't want them to wish themselves into power, you'd better capture the dragon yourself. That's going to mean an army, so you'd better build up the clan - with wizards, warriors and archers bold - and storm the enemy's castles. There's only room for one top dog in Regnum!
Though this is an RPG title, there is a very heavy emphasis on PvP; new players, perhaps more used to a PvE or RP environment, should bear this in mind.
From the game's FAQ:
What's the aim of the game?
Like in most massively multiplayer online games, there is no single aim for the game; it's all up to the player. At the core [i]Champions of Regnum[/li] is based on an ongoing war between the three kingdoms, and control of the conflict
zone. There are also many quests which don't require fighting with other players, or if you prefer you can challenge them in the arenas, and of course all the necessary tools to form groups and clans to make friends or enhance your game experience.
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.4 (or better), or Linux kernel 2.6.13 (or better) operating system.
- Graphics Card: 3D accelerator video card.
- Connection: 128kbps Internet access.
- CPU: AMD Athlon (or better) or Intel Pentium 4 (or better) processor.