Darkfall Unholy Wars is an intense full PvP MMORPG that combines real-time action and strategy in a fantasy setting. The game pushes the envelope of MMOs by featuring the largest seamless and zoneless world of its kind, and is able to host upwards of ten thousand concurrent users per server. Without instances or other designed roadblocks to player interaction, Darkfall Unholy Wars is redefining the MMORPG genre. In the bloodthirsty world of Agon you will form clans and battle your fellow players for dominance. Recruit your friends and allies, engage in epic land and naval battles to conquer fortresses and clan cities, interact with thousands of concurrent players and carve yourself an everlasting legend!
- Intense, fast-paced PvP action with friendly fire and a full-loot system that fills every battle with risk and excitement
- One of the largest seamless, zone-less and non-instanced MMORPG worlds ever created, covering five continents, with countless small islands, underwater depths, a sprawling underworld and hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas
- Face off against rival clans in epic siege warfare and battles on a staggering scale, or keep a low profile and explore the world solo, at your own pace
- A deep and intricate crafting system allows you to customize the world you want to play in with unique weapon designs, wondrous city structures, magical infusions and more
Darkfall Unholy Wars is a game of intense, brutal PvP action set in the fantasy realm of Agon, where six mortal races find themselves caught between the condemnation of the Goddess of old and an invasion by the Twilight Kingdom, led by powerful demons known as the Dark Coven. Besieged by both the Celestial and the Infernal, you must rise up, defeat your enemies and lead the charge to final, ultimate victory.
Unlike other MMOs, Darkfall Unholy Wars does not lock players into classes. Instead, new players select a role - Warrior, Skirmisher or Elementalist - and two schools from that role to specialize in. Roles and schools aren't set in stone, however, and can be changed to suit the situation. The game also eschews traditional character levels, opting for a purely skill-based system instead. You'll acquire skills as you play, granting your character new power and abilities, but proficiency will only improve with actual in-game use, rather than through an arbitrary system of numbers.
Darkfall Unholy Wars offers a powerful crafting system that lets you create everything from specialized food and custom weapons to buildings and ships, while a player-driven economy supports trading through a built-in marketplace, racial and alliance chat channels and in-game "trade boards." But the real attraction is the epic, all-out PvP combat, a skills-based, real-time system of manual combat in which hidden dice rolls don't determine the victor and the vanquished. It's a full-collision combat system and friendly fire is always on, so precision and caution are vital if you don't want to strike down your allies or make new enemies. And the promise of great reward comes with great risk: If you fall, the merciless "full loot" system means that all your equipment can be taken by other players, a serious incentive to survive.
Lone wolves can adventure through the world of Agon alone, but the game is best experienced in the company of a clan. Darkfall Unholy Wars supports battles and siege warfare on a massive scale, with hundreds of players battling for control of cities and territories. But if you do want to experience the game as a soloist, you can; because there's no radar, floating names or map markers to give you away, you can explore the world to your heart's content without attracting unwanted attention.
With a sharp focus on PvP combat and player skill, and severe punishment for player death, this is not your every-day fantasy MMO. But if you're after something with a more intense competitive edge and all the other MMOs you've tried have been candy-flavored carebear factories, Darkfall Unholy Wars might be just what you're looking for.
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 32bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 + or AMD Phenom II X2 +
- RAM: 4GB
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 + or AMD or ATI 4850 +
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Hard Drive Space: 12GB