FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that invites you to explore the realm of Eorzea with friends from around the world.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn lets you party up and adventure with a multitude of players from across the globe. Forge friendships, mount chocobos, and board airships as you and your companions create your own unique stories in Eorzea. All the classic elements from the series that you have come to know and love are waiting!
Set out alone or enlist the aid of friends as you undertake epic quests, battle familiar FINAL FANTASY monsters, and acquire unique abilities and equipment. Embark on the adventure of a lifetime to help reforge the fate of Eorzea!
- An anticipated relaunch to Final Fantasy XIV, the latest game in the Final Fantasy series
- Explore a detailed fantasy world, filled with varied locations and races
- Participate in raids and dungeon clearings based on memorable events from previous Final Fantasy games
- Armory System: Your class and adventuring style is based on your equipment and armor
- Job System: Specialize in class-based skills and become more proficient in their use
The original Final Fantasy XIV launched to a less-than-enthusiastic response from gamers and FF fans alike. Instead of simply letting the game fade into obscurity however, developer/publisher Square-Enix took the game offline and began the process of painstakingly rebuilding it from scratch. The new game, titled Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, promises to take the best aspects of XIV's world while revising its gameplay and leveling system to be far more engaging.
A Realm Reborn picks up five years after the conclusion of XIV, when the dragon Bahamut escaped his prison. The world of Eorzea has not entered a period of decline, having been ravaged by fire and threatened by war. The player character emerges in the midst of this chaos, hoping to restore order to Eorzea and halt the expansion of the aggressive Garlean Empire.
Players can expect the trappings of an MMORPG combined with recognizable Final Fantasy elements. Customized characters are constructed by race, gender, and starting class before being set loose in Eorzea to fight monsters and clear dungeons. References to previous Final Fantasy games include familiar spells and armor, popular series events imagined as raids, and the ever-popular chocobos. Final Fantasy's trademark bird will be available to players as a high-speed mount, with the possibility of chocobo breeding becoming available at a later date.
Player class is determined by an armory system, which allows players to switch classes as easily as switching armor. By equipping items related to a particular discipline, players immediately change their playstyle and can develop their character accordingly. After achieving a certain level of mastery in a given class, a job system allows players to specialize further to obtain advanced skills, magic, weapons, or armor.
Final Fantasy is among the longest-running RPG franchises available, making the failings of its latest entry all the more disappointing. Thankfully, Square-Enix seems to believe that XIV has something worth salvaging, which A Realm Reborn can provide to old and new players alike.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz) / AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)
- RAM: Windows XP: 1.5GB or Windows Vista/7: 2.0GB
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit or Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Graphics Card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 series / ATI Radeon HD 2900 series or equivalent
- Sound Card: Yes
- Disk Space: 15GB.
- Operating System: Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit
- Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo
- Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4770
- Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)
- Disk Space: 20GB.
You may notice that these are lower than the minimum system requirements for v1.0. This is because Square Enix wants the game to be more accessible and run on a wider range of PCs.
FXIV: ARR Recommended System Requirements
For the best performance you should aim to run the game on a system with at least these specifications.
- Operating System: Windows® 7 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® Core i5
- Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon HD 7950 or higher
- Memory: 4GB of RAM.
- Disk Space: 20GB.