DC Universe Online is the only next-generation massively multiplayer online action game that delivers unparalleled physics-powered combat set in the DC Universe. This genre-defining game puts the power of the DC Super Heroes and villains into the palm of your hands...
The next legend is YOU!
- Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes, delivering a level of action that is unparalleled in the MMO segment.
- Choose your side -- superhero or villain -- as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
- Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others... The next legend is YOU!
- Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
- Take advantage of the state-of-the-art physics engine and use objects in the world around you as weapons, including even your enemies!
- Players will create their own custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers.
- Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
- Gameplay is optimized for both the PS3 computer entertainment system and PC.
- Explore the DC Universe; walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of the futuristic cityscape of Metropolis and travel to legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower.
DC Universe Online is a free-to-play game fitting players directly into DC's superhero setting. When the alien Brainiac orchestrates the defeat of a near-future Justice League, Lex Luthor steals his technology and goes back in time to prevent the invasion. Releasing Brainiac's exobytes into the atmosphere, Future Luthor creates thousands of superpowered individuals who can stand a fighting chance when Brianiac's robotic army arrives. As one such newly powered individual, you must decide whether you will fight alongside the heroes of the Justice League, or conspire with villains taking advantage of the chaos.
Instead of selecting a recognizable character to role-play (leading to hundreds of Batmen per server), players design an "original" character using the powers of iconic figures from the DC Universe. Players also select a primary mode of fast-travel (Acrobatics, Flight, or Super Speed) and one of six mentors that determine your starting location and quest rewards. After a tutorial mission to get the hang of things, involving an abduction and break-out from one of Brainiac's ships, you'll be set lose in either Gotham or Metropolis to find your place in the world.
The main game guides players through a series of authentic story quests crafted by popular DC creators like Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, and Marv Wolfman. Each mission provides an opportunity for players to rub shoulders with icons from their chosen faction, including Superman and the Joker, while facing an especially powerful adversary. Each mission usually ends with a final confrontation in an instance-specific dungeon, all providing a strong sense that you're part of an ongoing DC storyline. Core missions can be completed individually or with a group, while players looking for a greater challenge can take on "Alerts", extended missions pitting four players against large-scale threats on diverse locations like Area 51 or the Moon.
Of course, with Hero and Villain factions prominently displayed during character creation, PvP has a significant presence. Players can choose to duke it out in PvE or PvP servers, the latter of which allows for hero/villain combat at any time within City Zones. If that isn't to your liking, each server also offers Arena battles for players to cut loose in, and a Legends PvP mode for combat between iconic, unlockable heroes.
Regular players will find that any character can be maxed out in about a week, but endgame content and expansions are available to fill in the gap. At level 30, eight-player raids are available for anyone seeking an extra challenge, while DLC expansion packs add additional game modes and story content for anyone seeking an ongoing adventure. All told, DC Universe Online allows players to take part in a grand comic book adventure, without waiting for future issues to find out what happens next.
- OS: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
- CPU: P4 3.0GHz or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 1GB
- Hard Drive Space: 30GB
- Graphics Card: nVidia 7800+, or ATI (AMD) 1950 or greater
- Conntection: Broadband Internet Connection required
- OS: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) or better
- CPU: 3.0GHz dual core processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Hard Drive Space: 30GB
- Graphics Card: nVidia 8800GTX or greater, or ATI HD3800 or greater
- Connection: Broadband Internet Connection required