Lich King Beta Key & Pet: Ransom Note Contest
The Wrath of the Lich King beta is under way, and while we here at the WarCry Network are having a good ol' time tooling around Northrend ... well, it can get a bit lonely. So - thanks to the fine folks at Blizzard - we'd like to extend an invitation to all of you to try for a chance to come join The Mage They Call Jayne(z), the Awesome Brigade, and the <Evil League of Evil> for your own Lich King beta adventure!
Though the deadline has passed to submit entries for our screenshot contest with five (5) ready-to-go Lich King beta keys at stake ... worry not! The second contest is here, and we've still got some nifty goodies to pass out: twenty (20) cards from Blizzard's WorldWide Invitational 2008 event held in Paris! Not only do these cards register you for the beta (when the key comes may vary), but you also get your very own mini-Tyrael in-game pet!
Or rather ... we would have those twenty cards to give away, but it seems like they've all been stolen! We've been delivered a ransom note, and it looks like we'll need to decipher it in order to get the WWI cards back...
Maybe you can help!
Decipher the Ransom Note!
A dastardly thief has made off with the WWI Cards we were planning on giving away, and in their place has left this ransom note that spells out: "Wrath of the Lich King Beta Test." Now, we're no experts, but it looks to us like it's made of letters cut-and-pasted from various videogame logos ... we've managed to figure out the first one, but boy, we're stumped on the rest!
Can you figure out all of them? If you can, we'll be one step closer to getting the goodies back - and so will you!
The contest has ended!
Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now over. Keep checking WarCry for more contests and giveaways in the future.
- Keys are open to all members of The Escapist and WarCry communities. You must have a registered WarCry or The Escapist account to enter. (If you don't yet have one, fear not - it's completely free!)
- Contestants who fully and correctly complete and submit the ransom note will be entered into a random drawing for one of twenty (20) Worldwide Invitational 2008 prize cards.
- Partially-complete submissions will not be accepted. All the game titles must be correctly identified in order for the submission to count.
- Only one entry per person.
- The contest will run from Thursday, August 14th, 2008 to noon (12:00 PM) EDT on Monday, August 18th, 2008. Any entries past this deadline will not be accepted.
- Contestants must be 13 years of age or older.
- The 20 winners will be contacted and asked to provide a valid mailing address - we will be sending a physical card.
- The five (5) winners of the Olympian Screenshot contest will not be eligible to win a WWI '08 card.
Hints & Tips:
- Don't be afraid to guess - you can check whether a given entry is correct or not easily! You will not be able to enter unless everything is correct, so there's no danger of submitting an incorrect form.
- Many - but not all - of the logos in question can be found here on the WarCry Network. Browse around: who knows what you'll find?
- Make sure your entry is spelled and formatted correctly. This is not case-sensitive, but formatting is important!
- If you think you're on the right track but still having trouble... try other games in the series, or just the series name itself!
- Completely stumped? Feel free to discuss this on our forums and put your heads together with other contestants! Two (or more) heads are better than one!
All included game titles and logos are the copyrighted property of their respective developers and publishers.
By participating in the giveaway, contestants grant WarCry the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the contestant's name, as news or for public information and education without additional consideration or compensation. The entry becomes the property of WarCry and will not be returned. Entrants surrender copyright and all interests therein of their submissions to WarCry with the understanding that the materials may be used for promotional purposes.
Employees of WarCry Corp, and its subsidiaries or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are excluded from the contest.
Entrants release WarCry and its respective parent divisions, affiliates, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this giveaway from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes.
Tampering with the giveaway in any manner is prohibited. WarCry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. WarCry reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it suspects or has determined, in its sole discretion, has tampered with the promotion or submitted multiple entries. If WarCry determines that the contest has been tampered with, it reserves the right to terminate the contest without awarding any prizes. WarCry shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications or transmission failure.
Participation in the WarCry Network Lich King Beta Key Contest implies an understanding and acceptance of these rules and regulations.
Void where prohibited.
Check out our continuing Wrath of the Lich King beta coverage on WoW WarCry!