Topic Index
Call of Duty World at War...

Username:Password:
Log In

So a friend and I rented Call of Duty World at War after hearing some good things about it.
Here's a video of our experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhSoJv-A7DA

Overall the game is OK at best. EDIT** Definitely rent first before you consider buying it.

har, nice vid leecho.

I didn't like W@W too much, I liked Modern Warfare much more.

LivemeLifefree:

Same, very much looking forward to Modern Warfare 2.

So say we all (cheesy)

The only people I know who like World at War more then Modern Warfare like it for stupid reasons, like the rank cap is 65 instead of 55.

Hah, that's pro Leech. It's so true about that game to. I'm finally almost done that game, stupid veteran difficulty. Glad there are only 2 levels left.

Chi:

LivemeLifefree:

Same, very much looking forward to Modern Warfare 2.

I'm not looking forward to it too much as they're just copy pasting it like they did with all the other CoDs.
Note: I like W@W because of the attack dogs, and because you got to be a Jap. Which led to me making a lot of vietnam war refferences on my birthday party.

I think the only redeeming factor to W@W is the fact that it's set in WWII, and has semi-decent rifles in the game. I'd rather play that than yet another terrorist shooter.

I want to shoot at something new - Nazis and terrorists are getting stale.

How about a game that pits modern day Australia against New Zealand?

MoonPenguin:
I want to shoot at something new - Nazis and terrorists are getting stale.

How about a game that pits modern day Australia against New Zealand?

Risk?

If I remember correctly, the guys in COD4 weren't terrorist were they? I though they were an actual army for "Fictionarabstan".
But I do agree, I'm tired of shooting Nazi's and Arabs all day.

World at War could have been a good game, but it really isn't polished or balanced well. sv93, it was my mistake to play the game on veteran because 90% of my deaths were due to multiple grenades, a couple of them right when a checkpoint loaded. Having the AI spam grenades at you to the point where you can't effectively dodge em is not 'challenging' its cheap. If it weren't for the 4-6 grenades constantly coming my way, I could have beaten the game easily.
I've heard people say the game is so realistic and authentic. I say BS. Sure some of the weapons might be authentic, but I'm sure you can't shoot a colt .45 that fast that accurately the game allows you to do.
Secondly, if I can recall heavy metal music did not come out until about a couple decades or so later than when this game is based on. I found it weird charging through the fields, getting swarmed by Japanese Bonzai troops and hearing a soundtrack that seemed to be taken straight from a Dynasty Warriors game.
It just didn't seem right that I was storming the city of Berlin and hearing some weird pseudo techno/metal song.

Oh, you're talking about single player? I didn't play that. You can unlock some zombie survival mode once you finish it, right? How was that?

CoD4/W@W were lame because it felt like you were shoved down the throat of the game, like throwin' a hotdog down a hallway. There was no open feel to the game.

My first tactical shooter was Operation Flashpoint:Cold War Crisis...that game rocked!

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVKGH-q10A We finally go after the Chinese, to help the Russians no less!

Hemi, OFP2 is coming soon. I am incontinent with glee.

mrcheese:
Hemi, OFP2 is coming soon. I am incontinent with glee.

Tell me about it, I quit wearin' underwear 3 months ago!

Hopefully I can get a new computer for it soon. As I really baddly want to play it.

I too am pumped about OFP2, I've been playing some ArmA in the meantime.

The Nazi Zombie game is fun. Was it worth drudging through the single player to get to it?
Only if you really really like zombies. But then again, there's Left4Dead for that type of stuff.

ArmA? Mean America's Army? I play too, here and there.

ArmA. It's good.

Seems good, but I just spent all my money on comic books.

CoD5 is the same (in my opinion) as CoD3, with the perks system implemented, and goddam dogs!

I never understood why people fail to acknowledge the newest three SW films, But i'd say people need to do the same with W@W. If they shut down the servers for CoD4 or CoD6, i wouldnt shed a tear.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here