Topic Index
Score for net neutrality!

Username:Password:
Log In

How's this a win for net neutrality?

Well, it's still kinda the same thing.

Seems like a score to intrusive spam ads, or worse, access to all your personal & private information. Net neutrality deals with restricted tiers of service based on paid subscriptions imposed by the ISPs.

I'm aware of what net neutrality is, but I'm confused as how this helps it, or even help us.

It's a move in the right direction.

guitar:
It's a move in the right direction.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that. It means more targeted spam and less personal privacy online.

What part of that is "right direction" and how is it related to Net Neutrality?

It seems like the fact they're claiming it illegal is a right step to prevent them from collecting data. I guess it all depends on the trial.

The fact that what they're trying to do is against privacy rules and will likely end up in a whole mess of trouble if they continue on, and two major sites (and probably many more) are denying the company access is not a win for net neutrality?

I think guitar is saying it's a win because the European Commission doesn't sound like it has any intentions of letting this company get away with it, and I'd have to agree.

Okay, now it make sense, thank you for clearing that up for me Chi.

Chi, you're hired.
As my personal interpreter. I seem to need one =/

guitar:
Chi, you're hired.
As my personal interpreter. I seem to need one =/

Do I get paid?

I think it's more the article which is kinda unclear, since it's so damn short.

You get paid two waffles a day.
Pancakes for overtime.

guitar:
You get paid two waffles a day.
Pancakes for overtime.

Hell yea!

Yeah, it seemed like guitar was rooting for the Spammers as far as the article went.

Thanks for the explanation and sorry buddy :)

If this is denied in court it will set a nice precident for companies thinking of charging for internet "packages".

Europe for one most likely won't put up with it and if it gets banned in Europe there's a much better chance of it being banned in the US as well.

Keep the internet free is all I say.

I agree. Along with almost everyone else.
Of course, two Democratic senators did introduce a bill that would let the government shut down the internet for no reason.

I don't believe it will pass, though.

THE INTRANETS IS EVIL!

Although shutting down the entire internet is impossible, I would imagine a mass attack on all US portals and connected facilities by a foreign entity could be quite the disaster, that might in theory require a shutdown of sorts.

The real question is how to *not* abuse such powers (if given) for other reasons, like freedom of speech.

I think we learned how to abuse the internet with *chan.

lol reminds me of that one episode of Southpark :D

Guitar Molestered me, with a bad touch.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook