Topic Index
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2)

guitar:
One thing I never quite understood about movie critiques. Maybe it's because I watch a movie once in half a year, but an action movie is not a book. What plot? There's a good guy, a bad guy, and lots of explosions somewhere in between. I pay my bucks to go see those explosions and have my diaphragm shake from the awesome sound effects. It's a thrill ride of moving pictures. I couldn't care less if the bad guy's evil scheme was to run over an old lady crossing the street.
When I want an engaging plot and properly developed characters I read a book.

Good point.

Still, there are many action films that not only have a ton of great shoot 'em up scenes, but also have decent plots. I mean, look at Apocalypse Now, or The Matrix. Both action films, both lauded for not only the action, but for their decent plots.

...And then there are a ton of films in different genres with great plots as well.

The Matrix had a decent plot? By what standard?

You did watch the entire trilogy, yes?

I didn't, I quit after the first one.

The movie was all right. I probably would have liked it more if Deadpool had been more of a presence before they destroyed everything that made him interesting.

MoonPenguin:
The Matrix had a decent plot? By what standard?

You did watch the entire trilogy, yes?

Well, I did, but I was just referring to the first one.

Looking back, though...Maybe I shouldn't have put The Matrix on there... At least its plot was passable, you know? More so than X-Men, at least. I hereby replace it with The Hunt for Red October.

EDIT: No, I don't. The Matrix had a great and original premise, and was laced with well-drawn characters. It also really did have a nice and reasonably complex story. I stand by my statement that The Matrix (just the first one, mind you) had a good plot for an action film.

Anyone else think they left a gaping plot hole when they shot him in the head. The metal doesn't regenerate. so he has those two holes in his head now he has a vulnerability if that guy can shoot him twice to take him down. yes one shot dead center knocked him down. The other shot took his memories. Gambit knows he has the bullets wounds and no one else doesn now. but anything happens to him in those two spots gets shot again or other things how much can his brain take. if one that was too the left took his memory. what about if damage happends multiply times in those spots.

I don't know what do you guys think.

Oh and I laughed when he sat on the bike that was funny. But those are some strong ass dinner table chairs if they can hold a couple hundred pounds of weight of the metal. for that matter when he sat down at the poker table with gambit.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or