Topic Index
This forum has gone to hell.

Username:Password:
Log In

There is obviously not even a single staff member attempting to moderate it. The ridiculous amount of threads in violation of forum rules is sad. I have to post in threads and report myself to "try" and get action taken against offenders.

Just shut Warcry down and save yourselves the embarrassment already.

I clean out those that are in gross violation. Do you report them?

And in case you didn't notice: The thread titles don't go away, just the user or the post. It's one of those annoying things I wish was different. >:(

Still no where near as bad as WoW forums.

Any time there's a thread that 'needs attention', send the URL via PM and I'll lay down the smack hammer. :P

As Kalia said, either PM us or simply flag the offending threads. We check the Mod Queue daily.

Greever:
There is obviously not even a single staff member attempting to moderate it. The ridiculous amount of threads in violation of forum rules is sad. I have to post in threads and report myself to "try" and get action taken against offenders.

I'm curious when WC will get shut down if at all, you look at the stories and it will have like 20 views, there's no one posting (last one in off topic was from the 16th and that was me)

The threads not going away after a ban is really annoying too as it makes the forums look like a wasteland of spam.

Except for the spammy off topic, these forums have never had tons of traffic. *shrugs* WarCry as a whole still pulls decent numbers of unique visitors every month.

Well I think the mods are doing all that they could. I remember being part of a forum once where the mods just outright quit and left the few surviving members (one of them was me) in the dust. So still, thank you mods for trying you hardest.

Besides, I think this is mostly a labor of love for them. Members aren't required to pay anything.

Thanks, Nekocat. It IS a labor of love. I'll be damned if I'm going to "let WarCry die". I'll be here 'til I'm the last one standing so spammers, BEWARE! I'm trying to keep the crap posts to a minimum but if one slips through, PLEASE send me a PM and I'll nuke it. >:)

It seems pretty active to me, at least the threads are getting loads of views which means there's at least someone looking at them.

Over on The Escapist the Forum Inferno badge is an incredibly rare thing.

And I'm trying to do my bit to get some discussion going, even though I'm not much of an avid MMO player myself.

We all love our spammy-ness, do we not? :)

Indeed we do.

I think moderators should take some more hard steps to prevent such things move on would not be a perfect solution.

Ya see...we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. We let people have "freedom of speech" (yeah, like that exists on a PRIVATELY owned forum but I digress...), others complain. We lower the boom, others complain. :)

Kalia:
It IS a labor of love. I'll be damned if I'm going to "let WarCry die". I'll be here 'til I'm the last one standing so spammers, BEWARE!...

What the lady said.

Greever:

Calm down dude.. They're just doing their job.. Still.. You can use your account right?

:)

Kalia what are you doing? ^^ make a section or banners for that FB and Twter stuff.. lol

Nah...just bored with my old sig.

Hahaha! That's an absolute old school type of sig ^^.. You are so cool! lol

Haha, the post above made me laugh.

I hope everyone else can 'concur with my conclusion' on that.

:P Retro is in.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or