Topic Index
Last thing you did in a game?

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1 . . . 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 NEXT)

oppp7:
Why does Final Fantasy 4 suck so bad? And my DS had such a good good game streak going too...

Final Fantasy IV DS is so unbelievably god-awful. Just... I have no idea how they screwed it up so much. Really, compare it to the other re-(re-re-re)release, the Complete Collection on the PSP and the difference in quality is almost palpable.

For me, just started replaying Chrono Trigger on DS and just downloaded and started on Black Mesa. Had a lot of throwing flares at zombies.

EscapeGoat:

oppp7:
Why does Final Fantasy 4 suck so bad? And my DS had such a good good game streak going too...

Final Fantasy IV DS is so unbelievably god-awful. Just... I have no idea how they screwed it up so much. Really, compare it to the other re-(re-re-re)release, the Complete Collection on the PSP and the difference in quality is almost palpable.

For me, just started replaying Chrono Trigger on DS and just downloaded and started on Black Mesa. Had a lot of throwing flares at zombies.

I could probably stand the annoying emo BS (it mostly stopped at where I'm at now) and the hilarious giant heads that does not fit the mood at all, but the worst part is the grind. I mean fuck, why in the hell would you ever make a grind heavy game cause the player to have to restart their heroes at EVERY FUCKING PLOT EVENT?!

oppp7:

EscapeGoat:

oppp7:

I could probably stand the annoying emo BS (it mostly stopped at where I'm at now) and the hilarious giant heads that does not fit the mood at all, but the worst part is the grind. I mean fuck, why in the hell would you ever make a grind heavy game cause the player to have to restart their heroes at EVERY FUCKING PLOT EVENT?!

Like I said, compare the DS version to the PSP version. I beat that game without any extra grinding bullshit right up until the final couple of dungeons. Seriously, the DS version's difficulty and grind levels are jacked right up past any reasonable level. Also, don't think it required me to restart at any point, which is probably a sign of a more well-balanced version that the DS one.

I remember playing it and just getting so ridiculously pissed off at it, and then playing the PSP one and it was like a totally different game. Also, PSP one has glorious sprite art instead of terrible 3d graphics and stupid over-sized heads :D

EscapeGoat:

oppp7:

EscapeGoat:

Like I said, compare the DS version to the PSP version. I beat that game without any extra grinding bullshit right up until the final couple of dungeons. Seriously, the DS version's difficulty and grind levels are jacked right up past any reasonable level. Also, don't think it required me to restart at any point, which is probably a sign of a more well-balanced version that the DS one.

I remember playing it and just getting so ridiculously pissed off at it, and then playing the PSP one and it was like a totally different game. Also, PSP one has glorious sprite art instead of terrible 3d graphics and stupid over-sized heads :D

Unfortunately I only have a DS. No big deal though, I probably wasn't going to get into the series anyway. Was just trying something new and it didn't work out.

oppp7:

Unfortunately I only have a DS. No big deal though, I probably wasn't going to get into the series anyway. Was just trying something new and it didn't work out.

Ah, I see. Well, if you ever come by a PSP, do try and remember it because it's miles better than the DS version. And yeah, I know what you mean. Kind of the way of things :/

OT: Just started a speedrun of Pokemon Ruby. A couple hours in, ready to face Brawly. Probably not actually all that fast, but whatever, it's a first attempt. I hate the feeling of a team that's criminally underlevelled though.

Became a vampire on Skyrim, first time I've played a game in weeks. Real life happened (in a good way), plus there are about a billion TV shows I need to catch up on... I think this marks the end of the (unintentional) hiatus, though.

Tried Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and couldn't get into it due to the massive changes in the interface (all of which seems pointless and terrible). Might go back to it after a while but for now just gonna screw around on WLBC 2 again.

Spent a few hours trying to conquer the Teutonic States as the Danish, then the Americas as the Apache, then the British Isles as Scotland, then the Holy Lands as the Byzantines and finally wrapping it up with an attempt at conquering the known world as the Julii family and Ancient Egypt.

So yeah, just Total War. Blame the recent Steam Sale for that.

Around 6 hours on Skyrim doing half a quest for the Volkihar, rebuilding the Thieves Guild and powering through a couple of Daedric quests.

...yeah, I'm definitely back into gaming :D

Breaking that new Genre Wars thing. Not sure what to do next, might just screw around and program crap in Java and HTML (C++ might be used when it becomes necessary).

Actually, I'm gonna go make a thread about it.

Beat the Reaper in the Soul Cairn. Bit underwhelming, but kinda cool. And I stayed up till 3 AM doing this... this hiatus has broken me o.O

Kicking ass and running out of bubble gum in Borderlands 2

With my guidance and tactical wizardry, the glorious Byzantine Empire now holds the entire Turkish mainland! The foul Turks are forced back to their strongholds in the East, beset by the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the encroaching Mongolian hordes. The Egyptians hold North Africa, thinking themselves safe, content to launch Jihad after Jihad against the Holy Lands. Antioch and His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor Stefanos Comnenus, Lord of Byzantium have reached an uneasy truce after a decade of war which saw our expansion into their territory, reducing them to Antioch and their castles in the Holy Lands.

The Emperor now sits restlessly on his throne. Troop production is at a high, religious conversion is hastened by the veritable army of Priests preaching throughout the lands and his people look to him for guidance. His brother, the former Emperor Manuel, led his country from a dying ember to a massive and powerful force, but with his death at the forefront of the expansion, he leaves Stefanos in command. Thanks to his brother, the people of Byzantium are eager for blood, but he knows not what to do.

His options are clear. Should he sail across the Mediterranean and launch an offensive against the hitherto Neutral Egyptians, who so plague his Templar allies in Jerusalem and spread the word of Christendom? Should he break the ceasefire he brokered with the Knights Hospitaller and crash forth into the Holy Land? Or should he sit, and wait, preparing for the Mongolian onslaught and risk incurring the wrath of his own subjects, desperate for blood?

...uh, I mean, I've been playing the Crusader campaign in Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms.

Played a load of Dragon Age Origins after having it sit right on the top of my backlog for about a year. I've got past the intro, and as with any BioWare game that means it's actually good now. Should be fun.

Played some CS:S. Office was fun but a little repetitive, but when I left that server I ran into sniper battles or empty servers. I think I'll stick to TF2.

SirBryghtside:
Played a load of Dragon Age Origins after having it sit right on the top of my backlog for about a year. I've got past the intro, and as with any BioWare game that means it's actually good now. Should be fun.

The only reason I don't replay BioWare games more often is because of how awful I find every intro chapter in all of the ones I've played.

Moving through Dishonored at a very slow pace, avoiding the neck-stabbing which is way more fun than being non-lethal, falling assassinations and watching people turn to ash before they hit the ground is all so much for fun than sleeping darts.

Trying to get my wife to finish Borderlands with me so we can start the second (yes I haven't beaten Borderlands yet).

Waiting for ANet to get on top of the (imo rather large) problems with WvW and PvP in general, plus everyone I know is playing other stuff. Ashamed to admit, but tempted to get Mists of Pandaria, TERA or start up SW:ToR or something to pass some time, until AC3 at least.

All in all, woefully bored waiting for really good stuff to come out, most of which is not due out this year.

Snagged the Toxic Badge, White 2 is bloody amazing :D Rolling Oshawott, Lillipup and Venipede currently, going to grab a psychic type (probably Munna) to complete the set.

@Chi: I'm the same. KotOR's the worst offender, was poor quality right up until you leave Dantooine (took me 7 hours, I think) :/

Mass Effect 2's was pretty good, from what I recall. But I guess the mediocre intro to that is about 30 hours long...

SirBryghtside:
Mass Effect 2's was pretty good, from what I recall. But I guess the mediocre intro to that is about 30 hours long...

OH SNAP! Lol, yea I really want to play DA:O and KoTOR again, but i can't stand the intros. It doesn't help that I restarted each one like 20 times when I first played them.

Finished Dishonored this afternoon, and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the base story more than the conspiracy and tyranny one. As PAR described it, "Dishonored is the story of a man, a little girl, and the people he'll kill to keep her safe".

Greetings all, OP reporting back in once again. Good to see this quiet little community still going. Haven't played any games in a while, my last play was probably TF2 or GMod, how is everyone doing here?

Fine, but pretty slow. :P

Been playing a hell of a lot of Dishonored and XCOM (hell of a lot for me, a college senior, anyway). Just got to the Golden Cat in Dishonored, and I am grinding abductions in XCOM to make sure my team is powerful enough to take on the first alien base. Most everyone is outfitted with carapace armor and laser weapons, but I want to be super sure all my guys make it out alive.

@orangebandguy: Alright I guess. Been hopping around between several games instead of playing one for months on end like I usually do.

@SirBryghtside: Don't forget to get the Genesect.

Moar Pokemon, made it to Nimbasa after getting lost in the desert. Team is fully organised, decided to use Woobat for my 4th main. Still haven't lost a battle yet, but I have come very close...

@oppp7: Only have the original DS, so no Wi-Fi :/ My brother got it though, will probably trade/trade back eventually.

@orangebandguy: Not too bad - got a girlfriend (finally :P), so gaming time has been cut dramatically. Make time for it when I can, though, still got an epic backlog to sort...

@SirBryghtside: I guess you can't use his DS? Never knew the old DS didn't have Wifi, guess it was just DS lite.

OT: Built a Halloween-themed house in EQ2. Turned out ok, but needs more normal furniture.

Dragon Age: Origins, Did the first big mission (Demonslaying thing). It's getting difficult, but mostly because I'm running into the same problem as I had with BioShock - tons of cash, nowhere to spend it. I've got about 4 health potions, but that's only because both shops I know of have either been destroyed by orcs darkspawn or are empty for no discernible reason. It's annoying.

@oppp7: No, on account of him living 100 miles away :P

@SirBryghtside: Where you at in the game? Once you get to one of the big cities (either the dwarf one or the human one) you will find that both have plenty of shops, if I recall correctly.

Slowly working my way through the new Pokemon - I ended up with Black 2. I just got to Mistralton and I can feel my enthusiasm slowly ebbing away. I really enjoyed the start, with the different Pokemon available, and the new areas to go to, but now I'm just trekking through the cities from the first games. Ehh, it's still a good game, but I'm just not as excited with it as I was with White.

Also, I regret picking Snivy. I could do with a decent Water-type, really, and Oshawott would've filled that role better than Azumarill :/ Ah well.

@SirBryghtside: Who did you end up picking for your team?

Moar Dragon Age, messed around in Denerim for a bit. Found shops, so I've actually got stuff now, but it's still a difficult game. Going to go back to Pokémon for a while, I think.

@EscapeGoat: Got a Whirlipede, Herdier, Dewott and Woobat backing me up. Electric gym is proving to be quite hard as a result :/ Think my crew is fairly well-balanced, though.

@SirBryghtside: Peh, that's walking distance.

OT: Deep Sea Tycoon, Diver's Paradise. So this is what dumbed down casual shit looks like...

Pokémon Diamond, really just confirming I still had it (the one save file on anything I would be most distraught at losing). I just got robbed.

Honestly... I'm glad I was robbed by these guys rather than anyone else. They took a terrible laptop and my dad's iPad, just messing up a load of stuff otherwise. They even had the decency to leave my computer room completely untouched, so plasticine Captain America is fine :P

Still, been a pretty awful day in general... seeing stuff messed up more screwed with the OCD part of my brain more than anything else. I hate it when my family touches/rearranges my stuff, so two random jerks... :/

Just posting this here because it's the only place I feel I can. Thanks.

Shit, I came on here ready to post about my latest playthrough of Oblivion, and find this :(

@SirBryghtside: I hope you and your family are alright, and managing to get your stuff back in order. Is that really all they took? Some people really are just total arseholes. But yeah, hope you guys are managing alright after that.

Just started playing The Blackwell Legacy. Game is pretty good so far, even if Rosa is whiny as hell. I hate how the characters become blurry at a certain distance though, it just looks weird. :P

Beat Assassins Creed 3.....and became very disappointed.

BreakfastMan:
Just started playing The Blackwell Legacy. Game is pretty good so far, even if Rosa is whiny as hell. I hate how the characters become blurry at a certain distance though, it just looks weird. :P

....6666 posts.....are you the super anti-christ?

Started Max Payne after buying it on a whim back in the summer.

I love this game! B-Movie script, fun gameplay, my favourite graphical age... it's beautiful!

@SirBryghtside: I love Max Payne 1. It is part of my Christmas tradition to play it every December. :D The game has a surprising amount of symbolism too, which is really awesome. :P

OT: Started playing El Shaddai. Gameplay is just okay, but hot damn is it one sexy-looking game. :D

(Pages: PREV 1 . . . 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here