Topic Index
Last thing you did in a game?

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1 . . . 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 . . . 38 NEXT)

TF2.

Mostly just testing out the two or three strange weapons I've just acquired.

Medigun and Grenade Launcher. They'll be Hale's Own for me in no time, seeing as how they're Medic and Demo weapons :3

Decided to beat VVVVVV for the 5th or so time. SUCH a good game.

Restarted Dark Souls maybe 10-15 times now, still having fun each time.

Portal Maniac:
Oblivion.

Finally fixed that invisible water shit and got me some shinier textures to help take my mind off of the clunky UI that I pray isn't remotely in Skyrim.

Yaaaaay.

Watch one of the E3 '11 Demos and you should get a good look at the UI, in-game and in the menus. Personally, I'm a fan.

Deus Ex. It was AWESOME.

I was doing the third mission, where you have to shut off a generator. I ended up on the top of the roof of the building, which had a huge square hole in the middle to go down to find the generator. Unfortunately, there were about 5 guards right down there, so I tried to shoot one of them, or to jump down and try to sneak off - and every time I got noticed and caught.

After failing about 20 times, I pulled out my rifle, and killed one of them. Again, the alarms went off, the guards went running towards me etc - but then I realised something. They were running to the roof. So I decided to jump down the square hole unnoticed, while they were running to where they thought I was (surprisingly good AI, actually), and I bolted down the stairs. Two more guards were on the lower floor, and I lobbed a couple of Gas Grenades to immobilise them, before running all the way down to the ground floor.

I found a computer, and started hacking to turn off the coolers. I could hear the footsteps of the guards running towards me while in the computer, and when I'd finished they were at the door and firing at me. So I ran the other way, saw a guard, shot him, realised that it wasn't a guard but my reflection, and jumped through the smashed mirror. Then got straight up to the top of the building to catch a helicopter, the guards getting there JUST as I was flying away.

I have never felt so much like I was in an action movie while playing a game.

Chi:

Watch one of the E3 '11 Demos and you should get a good look at the UI, in-game and in the menus. Personally, I'm a fan.

I still have no idea where they keep the journal, and I've played it... hm. Guess I'll find out in 1/1461 of a century.

Went on tf2, finally unfucked my loadouts after this Manniversary thing.

They finally put the medic stahlhelm into the game. :'D

Still Planescape: Torment. Freed the Deva, walked through yet another portal into an even worse place than last time.

Deus Ex, for some reason aliens. Also, I just got The Infernal City, should stave some time off. Only 3 weeks now...

Oblivion. Working around for Umbacanno.

With my absolute-mage character. Apprentice High-Elf with only magic schools as major skills.

SO FUCKING PRO

TF2, on Mann Manor. Managed to get the head!

MountainLab is one of my favourite maps too, so it's awesome to see loads of servers with it on.

TF2: I have reliable internet again! I can play some TF2! *game crashes*

Messing around on TF2, got my THIRD bloody Pyro mask and met some guy who had a community Scattergun (for creating the backpack viewer).

We had many a good slap on the knee about the name of my Strange Sniper Rifle (Bodyshotter).

In other news, I found the right graphics card for me through much hardship and toil! The NVidia GTX 560! Hooray!

15 days :D

Oblivion

Just going through Hackdirt to save that one gir-

Uhh....

TF2.

Both times I got the costume bits, they were in hell so they were the haunted versions.

LUCKILY before I realized how valuable they are, I was pretty much scammed for just two regular bits for each. Go me.

@SirBryghtside: God damn you.

You've made me remember to look for a height mod. Now my work on the Citadel will become ridiculous :/

Fallout 3, going through Little Lamplight. Decided to rob that annoying shopkeeper blind, because why not?

Also, MURDER VALLEY IS SO TOUGH AND YOU'LL DIE OUT THERE MUNGO LOLOLOL... kid, I've been fighting Super Mutants for months. They're not hard.

At least I got some use out of the Railway Rifle again :D uses up so little AP...

@Portal: Is that citadel as in... 'Half-Life 2' Citadel?

Cause Breen beat you to it.

@SirBryghtside: Eh, it's a progression of sorts.

It started with me building a log cabin on top of a mountain.
Then I made a basement.
Then the top and basement expanded.
Then I cleared out the mountain, leaving a giant pillar of stone to hollow out.
Then I added 3 floors inside of that hollowing out.

It just keeps growing and growing, and eventually it'll be looking over a little city type deal.

Link to screenshots
I've already changed it up a bit from there, too.

@Portal: Cool. My stronghold looks like this right now:

The only reason the trees are there is because I need A LOT of wood. Also, I had to nuke a hill to clear the space. 'Twas fun.

I've been filling in the inner wall, making it taller, collecting resources (note: Wool is IMPOSSIBLE to get on 1.8 servers) and adding doors. Soon I'm going to add big turretty things on each place there's a door/corner, and whack on some parapets. Then start making it into an actual house, rather than my entire base of operations being that tiny wooden box.

TF2.

Found a gift farming server. THAT ACTUALLY TOOK TURNS.

Fuck yes.

@SirBryghtside: You totally ought to make a prism roof for that deal. Two sides slanting inward with the other two going straight up in a triangle shape. Then have a church-like spire on the end towards the main entrance.

Completed Fallout 3.

The ending slideshow was silent for me.

I think I prefer it that way.

Oblivion. Doing the Daedric Shrines.

Specifically, Sanguine's. You know, the one with the spell and the dinner party with the countess.

After about an HOUR of careful planning and trial & error, I finally managed to sneak out of that situation with completion. Sneaked in the corner with Chameleon spell active, shot the quest spell, then cast Ghostwalk to invisible myself out of there. The guards came in and, for some reason, knocked everyone unconscious. I crept on by, got out of the castle, then legged it to the city gates nearby. Got out, then saw a couple nirnroot I had yet to grab for that bloody quest. Got one, then almost got the other.......

Oblivion has stopped working

Turrets and parapets. It's getting really, really cool.

Oblivion.

Finally finished the Grinder's Fighter's Guild, now to move on to the Thieve's Guild.

Preparation for Skyrim without Skyrim D:

Just finished Deus Ex, Illuminati ending. Great game.

Think I'll take everyone's advice and skip IW, going straight to HR.

Morrowind. Getting ready for my non-Skyrim adventure.

Got to Balmora, investigated into that murder thing. Pretty much stumped for the most part, since Nine Toes and the Camonna Tong aren't giving me any other leads for each other.

Just a few rounds of tf2.

I have however done my first digital painting (of sorts) on Paint Tool Sai. (shameless plug I know)
http://orangebandguy.deviantart.com/#/d4frsbh

Any opinions welcome, I'm at the bottom of the learning curve with Sai, so there can only be improvements. ^^

Did a bit of Morrowind. Helping out in House Hlaalu, and just got done in Vivec for the Blades guy.
Then he wanted me to go back.
And then I quit the game :3

And then Micah bought me Skyrim.
I need a new pair of pants...

@orangebandguy: Considering I can't draw a paper bag to crawl out of to save my life, that looks amazing to me.
Really, very nice job for what I'm assuming is amateur work.

@Portal: Yeah, just a way to spend free time.

Skyrim.

What a BLOODY amazing game.

I'm rolling my Morrowind character - Nord with Warhammer and maces (thanks to Skyrim, that's dual wield) - and I haven't even seen a single Dwemer construct or used a Dragon Shout but I LOVE THIS GAME SO GODDAMN MUCH I WAS GOING THROUGH DUNGEONS AND SLEEPING IN INNS AND SCREWING UP A WOOD ELF'S SOCIAL LIFE AND NJDIHFWUOEPWLAFJ;S'FOekawgpDS#[GAERPDSGP#FOADS[P#VOJKPADSLKMGV#MDSAVM;/DKAS,.vDNASKVNO[KDF'AL#[VK;JODSKZVNI DSV

^.^

Greetings from the homeland of the Nords.

What's that? Dragons are destroying the entire world?
Sorry, can't talk. Too busy delivering a potion to a guy to help his erectile dysfunction :V

VVVVVV, playing some terrible user level.

In other words? My main, Skyrim-enabled computer is broken :(

Oh good. Spambots are so common here now that they are actually learning how to have conversations with each other.

Joy.

[Insert comment here of Skyrim stealth-assassin-Khajiti with fur coloring to make it appear that one side of his face is always in the shadows]

I'll give you an aerial view.

Still haven't worked out what goes inside, but I'm making a HUGE archway on the southern end.

@SirBryghtside: *explores the map*

Hmmm.... not a half-bad server going onohgodgiantwalloflava

@Portal: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37294115/map.html#layerId=LayerA&worldX=143&worldY=0&worldZ=-3168&zoom=0

(this is the XKCD one, if you want to check it out)

And last thing was completing Half-Life 1 again.

Skyrim.

Refusing to fast travel as a point (aside from the carriages) for my Khajiit makes the world feel AMAZINGLY huge.
It also really helps me with planning.

Also, Thieve's Guild ending was glorious.
Hopefully the Brotherhood's is as well.

@SirBryghtside: I see you did that thing in that one thread.

Sorta.

(Pages: PREV 1 . . . 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 . . . 38 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here