Topic Index
Last thing you did in a game?

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1 . . . 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 NEXT)

Beat Human Revolution. That last 'boss fight' still sucks :(

Still, got the Pacifist achievement somehow. Now I can do another run where I actually use the rocket launchers and assault rifles :D

Also, Moar excellent Missing Link integration

Beat the Missing Link just like I said. Got the special hard achievement.

5th game I've got that's 100%'d now ^.^

@SirBryghtside: Let me guess

Post-Missing Link praxis refund?

Beat some random guy online in Hearthstone. Only got into the beta a few hours ago, so I've barely gotten anywhere... basic mechanics are ridiculously simplistic to learn, and I've got some idea of how to play optimally (partly thanks to my experience with Magic the Gathering). First deck is Mage with all the Taunt creatures I own, plus some Battle Cry damagers - turns out that's the Hearthstone version of a control deck, and I feel like I need some more high mana cards to make it all worth it. The game seems decent enough so far, think I prefer it to the other online card games (Pokémon TCGO deckbuilding leaves no room for messing around, and MTGO looks like it has the most ridiculous online store in gaming, where online boosters will cost you the same price as real ones).

@Portal: Yep. You don't get your items back though, so I spent the last couple of missions just missing my Tranq Rifle :(

Bought Yasuo.
Oh my god.
Yes.
Just yes.
So fucking fun to play. So powerful. Such squishy tho.

@SirBryghtside: That..... sounds pretty shitty to be honest :/
Basically getting your inventory reset for the last two most difficult areas of the entire game.....

Finally got round to Depression Quest.

Answered every page as if I was really in the moment. It ended up mirroring the last year of my life pretty much perfectly, and not in a good way. Seriously, the ending is next Monday.

Not sure what I should do about that. At least Mass Effect 3 isn't the only game to have made me cry any more :P

@Portal: Yeah... they give you a case full of grenades and stuff at the end, but that wasn't really any help to my pacifist run.

Caved. Bought Sturband.
No regrets. I am a birdmin that looks like he's one of the original band from Assassin's Creed. It's glorious.

Also space and stuff.

@SirBryghtside: Could be worse
They could've given you a slew of unique and powerful offensive weapons to use throughout the DLC and no stealth-based ones
o wait

Back on Hearthstone, it's really addictive. After a lot of prototypes, built a deck that actually works - still Mage, but with a few less taunters and more damage. Also getting a better feel for how it's different to Magic at the fundamental level. There's a lot less guessing involved, and more thought. I kinda like that about it.

Also, while playing arena mode I saw a card that limits your opponent's turns to 15 seconds. I wants :P

I launched Starbound, so maybe my next post will be when it actually gets to the main menu :V

Same problem with Hearthstone :V Betas, man.

Finally got into Sturband

Then remembered that where I had left off, I had just returned from raiding a jungle planet in the next level of sector. With BOTH inventories full.

Soooooo I basically dug out a big-ass hole in my already-filled storage room and filled it ALL with chests.
Now everything is k.

Seriously, inventory management in that game is somehow 3x as bad as Terraria, despite having twice the space

Got an epic board with lethal damage. Got frozen. Removed his creatures. Got frozen again. Got Flamestriked. Lost.

Mages suck. At least that Arena run got me Illidan :P

>plays TF2 for the first time in over a year
>first and only item drop in the span of one hour: a hat

@SirBryghtside: Does this seem like a good or ill omen?

The opening (gameplay) scene of Metro: Last Light.

That was done amazingly. Holy frak.

@Portal: Depends what hat :P

Sturband. Off to the Gamma sector. Barely able to not freeze to death while killing night monsters.

Send pizzap plez

@SirBryghtside: Last Light is holy fucking AMAZING compared to 2033, which in of itself was pretty fucking good

Also it was the Medic crusader helm, which is nice but I already have the perfect medic hats so nyeh

Played more Last Light, got to the gutpunch plot twist with your Red buddy betraying you.

I knew it was supposed to be better than 2033, but it's seriously blown me away so far, approaching best games of all time territory. And I'm only like 2 hours in.

@Portal: I'm going to go with good omen, that hat is badass :D better than my last hat drop anyways

Playing Sturband right now.
Update from last night caused world-resets :c
Oh well, at least I still have my fancy armor and poison-spear
*flies around space raping the planets for their resources again*

@SirBryghtside: SPOILER ALERT IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER
Also are you trying for the moral ending or not?

It's not really that badass when I still have my white Tyrolean + the team colored mask thing
Deus Ex glasses help too

Ranked up stupidly in Hearthstone upon realising how easy it is to win as Beast Tribal Hunter at this level.

@Portal: I didn't even realise there were multiple endings :O If it requires a pacifist run, I'm definitely screwed - most of what I've done has been attempting to sneak around the enemies before getting noticed and having some of the most fun FPS fights I've had since Half-Life 2.

My favorite thing about the Sturband update was how it was all Christmas themed, and the one thing it gave everyone was homelessness :D

@SirBryghtside: It's just like 2033, where if you get enough moral points (and don't get the immoral points, which are almost always pretty obvious when you get the choice) you'll get the good ending, and if you don't you get the less good ending.
Played it twice. Both endings are solid in my opinion.
ISN'T IT LIKE JUST THE PERFECT GAME THOUGH?!\
Good stealthing, good mechanics, good shootouts, good level design, good variety, good scenery (you know, for post-apocalyptico)
And all that with a Russian accent too

@Portal: It is :O like what the hell, why isn't this on the top of everyone's GotY lists. 2033 was a decent game, but I wouldn't even compare the two - Last Light is in a league of its own. The gameplay choice between stealth and run-and-gun is at Deus Ex levels of perfection, the story is absolutely incredible, and they really nailed the setting this time around. Just got to the church with the Letsnisky cutscene, and absolutely nothing's disappointed so far.

@SirBryghtside: Here's something disappointing for you: Sounds like you're near the final stretch :c

But yeah
Seriously, easily in my Top 5 games of all time. They poured SOOOO much love into this game and CARED about it.
And then they give the free copy of Metro 2033 (book) with it to get you even FURTHER into the franchise
Man, they just can't win fans hard enough can they?

Beat Metro: Last Light.

@Portal: Not too close to the end, still got another 3 hours of gameplay out of it - and either way, I'm definitely buying that DLC and replaying it to get the other ending. Seems challenging, I was trying for the good one and I failed :( agreed though, that was still really satisfying, even though I usually prefer the 'my character lives at any cost' endings.

Also DAMN they really rolled with the fantasy aspects near the end. It was kind of weird to get used to to be honest, but ultimately I think it worked. Kind of interested in how prevalent they end up in the next game.

Also, have a good Christmas and stuff because I think you still have 4 hours left of that over there :P

Played Pikmin 2, of all things!

Family got me a Gamecube controller and a USB-conversion thingy, so I've been downloading a helluva lot of ROMs to emulate and revisit nostalgia land <3

Current list:
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Mario Kurt: Double Donk (the conversion thing has a 2nd slot and surprisingly works with my sister's wireless one (I REALLY didn't think it would), so she really wants to play that with me sometime)

@SirBryghtside: Fuck your Christmas c:

Before you buy any of the DLC, look into what each of them are. I specifically remember one of them being nothing more than a level editor sort of thing, so.... yeah. Haven't got any of the DLC myself anyways (at least I don't think so), so I can't speak about any of it. Heard good things about the one where you can be a Polis(?) Ranger.

The fantasy thing is perfectly fine. It's all tied into the "Dark Ones" being Homo Novos, the new species that is perfectly adapted for the world that has been created for them. A world radically different from what we can truly comprehend.
Which makes it seem like sorcery.

Still, 15/10 game gg re all the time would try challenge runs

Just blitzing some junk from freeindiegam.es's 2013 roundup. Best stuff I've seen so far are probably Symbol by lilith and this decent Twine thingy called Even Cowgirls Bleed.

@Portal: Game went on a flash, just grabbed the Season Pass because it worked out cheaper than the ones that looked decent added together. Looking forward to the one where you play as Anna, it'll be nice to know where she ran off to for the whole game :P

Helped my friend start with Dark Souls on the PC.

Got him up to Taurus, died, then he had to go to do the food thing. Might maybe pick up on it again when he gets back (hopefully).
*begins Sunbroing*

Beat Pest Control after I ragequitted it six years ago. I spent over 2 hours on the last 3 levels. I've always held a special hatred in my heart for that game, the unfair, disgusting thing that it is, but it's off my chest now. I feel like is the first time I've been truly happy in those six years.

100% Super Mario Sunshine and I'll I got was a stupid Hawaiian shirt

Also moved on to Pokemon Colosseum. Maybe I'll finally be able to beat it now :o

Played some early morning TF2, pretty much just honing my Pyro skills - it's the only class that really find fun any more. Wrecking scouts with flares never gets old :D

Pokemon Colosseum

First attempt to catch Suicune: Get down to EXACTLY one HP, paralyzed, and tons of stat debuffs. Throw ultraball, gets out on the first check, then kills itself with a recoil move immediately after

Later attempt: Get royally fucked by bad luck in the fight, down to a single weak Pokemon that will 100% certain be destroyed next turn, resulting in a loss. Legendary at >50% HP. No stat ailments AT ALL. Throw regular Pokeball at it becase "why the fuck not, already lost the first dozen attempts at it"
Catch it then and there :|

Went through a bunch of the Metro DLCs

The faction ones are dull and don't add anything apart from a new bit of gameplay, and only take about 5 minutes to do, except for the Polis Ranger one which actually seems pretty neat but I got bored of it so meh

The character ones are better, best one being Khan's because it has trippy stuff in like anomalies, but they're still really short - Pavel's is like one tiny stealth section, Anna's is the first mission but from her perspective, and Khan's is a bit longer but not much. I guess the reason I like these ones more is because they actually add something to the plot, even if it's not much. But yeah, if you do end up getting any DLC for it, only bother with those ones.

Pookeymans Colosseum (wow I suddenly know how to spell that word now; and they say video games teach us nothing!)
Got to Realgam Tower, rethrashed the old Admins, and am currently about to advance to the central tower lobby behind the super-locked door. I SERIOUSLY hope my team composition can handle the upcoming trials (that I could never get through when I was younger)...

Also, in League, the jungle suddenly just got....

Played The Stanley Parable until I felt I'd done pretty much all there was to see. Honestly wasn't really worth getting, because it was just a slightly more flashy version of the mod, but some parts were cooler. Crusher ending was a lot worse though.

Wow that spambot is still going huh? At least it's only in that one thread

Been reading A Feast for Incest more than gaming as of late (~50% point now). There's like 4 story threads that I'm just begging to have a chapter on that George "Fuck You" Martin seems to be refusing to touch on :c

Other than that, I guess me helping my friend in Dark Souls get all the way to the Depths, get done there, enter Blighttown, and get killed by the barbarian at the very beginning

Started Valdis Story, beat like the third boss (there are a lot of bosses). It's obviously based on the whole Metroidvania deal, but its combat system feels like Super Smash Bros for some reason. I like it.

Doing Durk Sails. Got my new sorceress character named Bill to Anor Londo, killed Smore & Oreo, headed down to Izalith, took care of Bed of Chaos, and then used all those souls to become hype-powered and raugh as I can one-shot pretty much anything.

Using all of the items I can to be glass-cannon right now too. Ring to halve my already minimal health for 2x sorcery power, then another booster ring, and then an armor piece to +50% spellcasts in exchange for magic damage weakness.

Still, three-shotting some bosses makes it all worth it.

Also cabbages

Beat Valdis Story. Well that was a terrible ending, just a set-up for sequels.

Decent game generally, apart from the whole Kickstarter thing. Crowdfunding's fine, but I think that when there's an NPC called 'Shadoboxxer' the system's gone a bit too far. Game would've been so much better if they'd actually developed the 4-5 main characters rather than having one-dimensional crewmates based on backers all over the place.

(Pages: PREV 1 . . . 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here