Topic Index
anyone here?

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

Any of my old buddies still post here? Any real people at all?

I would guess not too many! Seems like spammers are actually more willing to type in THE ALL NEW CHEVY SONIC every time they want to post than regular unpaid folks...

Well, I sometimes pop into this neck of the woods. As does SirBryghtside, and once in a great while oppp7 and orangebandguy do too. I believe Chi comes around something like once every month or so.

Other than that, pretty much just the occasional spambot comes here. I even saw them having conversations with each other once. I feared it was the humble beginnings of Skynet...

Actually, I'm a spambot too - so yeah, Portal's pretty much the only regular.

That's so funny. Like sad but funny. These forums used to be a lot of fun.

Chi where you at bud?

And how did you two get so many posts starting in '09? Was the forum actually active at that time?

We're from the Escapist crew. That place is stronger than ever thanks to that foul-mouthed Australian.
Since the sites use the same profile system, the posts there carry over here.

ah. What is the escapist

You've been gone for a while...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/

Around... 2006, 2007, the parent company of WarCry launched that site. They planned for both of these sites to work in tandem; one for MMOs, the other for regular gaming. When that happened, to the best of my understanding, a lot of old WarCry people got angry about the Escapist people and left completely. Some assimilated into the Escapist.

The end effect is leaving WarCry what you see today; pretty much empty.

Hey Skull. God, it feels like it's been years since I've logged in.

Pretty much dead over here nowdays, time flies.

Dead as can be, I only come on here when I'm extremely bored.

I just found this from a thread at the escapist. Weird this place, a ghost forum. It makes me sad.

Evil Smurf:
I just found this from a thread at the escapist. Weird this place, a ghost forum. It makes me sad.

Yeah, that thread brought me back here.

I think I might start posting in what's left here.
A sort of vigil to a once great internet community, I suppose.
Its just sad to see WarCry like this, even though I was admittedly on the Escapist side of that drama years ago...

Erana:

Evil Smurf:

Its just sad to see WarCry like this, even though I was admittedly on the Escapist side of that drama years ago...

*gives candle to Erana*

I wonder what they felt, the last people on this forum. As the Mods were silenced and the people left. Sad? Angry?

*cries*

Anyway details are being discussed here..... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.385874-What-is-this-warcry

I unno... I've been on here a few times out of curiosity...

but I only ever come by to be depressed... and remind myself that eventually every current major site I inhabit will be just as deserted...<.<

Though, I've always wanted to help stimulate the community... what little community is left...

though last time I talked to someone from here I was just blamed for killing it... being a member of the escapist and all...

Sacman:

but I only ever come by to be depressed... and remind myself that eventually every current major site I inhabit will be just as deserted...<.<

Though, I've always wanted to help stimulate the community...

Well, let's do that, then. Play amidst the ashes, looking for baby phoenixes.

Erana:

Sacman:

Though, I've always wanted to help stimulate the community...

Well, let's do that, then. Play amidst the ashes, looking for baby phoenixes.

Quite, but perhaps in a later... because it's almost 6 in the morning and I have class... and god knows I can;t survive 6 hours of class without sleep...

but honestly first thing we need to do is clean this place up... if there was a mod around, we could get rid of all of these spam bots... and maybe suggest some ways to spruce it up a bit... it's be nice now that I think about it... helping to reform a websites community... :P

Also, not so sly hints that I want to be a mod... at least for a little while...<.<

So who here is from Warcry and who is an Escapist?

Escapist here! I would love to help liven this place up. Why no chat to a Mod @Sacman?: they might be able to mod you.

so this is the place dreams go to die scary huh escapist hope this is not the future of the escapist

Nah. the escapist is going to be around forever. over populated with Low IQ'd individuals. and the thing about them is... they breed. a lot.

but on second thought they're also on the internet. so I'd probably give the escapist another 50 years or so.

Wow. Being on this site feels like exploring some long forgotten building with everything still working. Was this as active as the Escapist is now?
Master Looter rank. :D
I like the ranks here.

Hello, I'm part of the population of the Escapist. It appears I'm not welcome here, goodbye.

I'd love to help revive this place. So many subforums! Incredible!

It feels very solemn scrolling through this place, like some sad music should be playing in the background.

Lucem712:

It feels very solemn scrolling through this place, like some sad music should be playing in the background.

Hey, I would help revive it. Would be pretty cool. ;D

BreakfastMan:

Lucem712:

Hey, I would help revive it. Would be pretty cool. ;D

It's completely official!
Now, I shall start a thread with the topic of how we go about pumping some blood into this place!

This place is beautiful, it's like Old Aperture...haunting...serene.

Erana:

Evil Smurf:

What Drama? Please, tell me the history of this place *sits down*

My goodness. This is where the Escapists sprang forth from. And in its wake left waves of destruction that destroyed this world. Sad indeed for these hallowed grounds.

wow this is haunting...i dare not venture outside this thread

launchpadmcqwak:
wow this is haunting...i dare not venture outside this thread

Don't be afraid, there are some non-skeletons talking in an off-topic thread if you'd like to join in!

Quaint. The coding has kept my zero punctuation theme that I turned on in the Escapist. I wonder if there's anyone here who hates all of us Escapists mucking about the place.

Dangit2019:
I wonder if there's anyone here who hates all of us Escapists mucking about the place.

Only the ghosts and the occasional wandering WarCry user stumbling back through memories of a forum past, kicking up trails of dust as they walk the solemn and long-lost pathways that spring forth, unheeded, back into their minds as they travel a well-worn road they once thought long gone.

They see a footstep. Another. Ahead, a light. Quick. Break into a run. Could it be?

No. It's only another ghost, an echoing, lilting laugh of a time left behind - or a shade of someone who has passed through recently, another traveler on the pathways of the past.

Evil Smurf:
Escapist here! I would love to help liven this place up. Why no chat to a Mod @Sacman?: they might be able to mod you.

:P Well I don;t like to ask for stuff so there's that... also I'm probably not qualified...

Dangit2019:
Quaint. The coding has kept my zero punctuation theme that I turned on in the Escapist. I wonder if there's anyone here who hates all of us Escapists mucking about the place.

If they do we probably scare them away with our numbers. Though if in the night we start to go missing one by one...

whoa....I can hear the creaking of old ruined buldings and the wind as it blows dust through the ghost town

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54301)