Topic Index
Operation: Revive Warcry

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Lucem712:

T'was a joke, friendo. Imagine the song 'Savages' playing in the background :D

Seems like a joke but glancing around, I'm getting very mixed messages about whether or not it was. Again, I'm not getting on your case, I'm just pointing it out the obvious.

Evil Smurf:

fair point. will send the message

Good.

Shadie777:

So, you find having thread that don't last long fun? The threads that only act as a medium to ask whether anyone is actually here? Telling them how many users aren't here?

If you actually look at the rules, you would see we aren't going to bring brovenger/injustice conversations here. We want this forum to be unique yet connected to the escapist. The mods actually are cleaning up this place by getting rid of the spambots, and all you can do is be annoyed that we are trying?

I don't even understand....

bots are people too!

SirBryghtside:
Le Snip

Portal Maniac:
Le Snip

So what do you want from this change?

Also, talking to Taco now, I know because I'm watching this revival. I want to see where this goes, see what the plan is. I'm interested enough to watch but not interested enough to help because I personally don't think it's going to go too far.

Shadie777:

SirBryghtside:
Yes it was, actually. For me at least, this was the place I went to do that. Now it's just another user group which looks one hell of a lot like the Brovengers. You've changed the entire dynamic of the place into something that we never came here for, and what we had going here was unique. Stop being so frakking condescending.

Actually, while I'm on the subject of the Brovengers, what the hell is going on in that group? Every time I go in there's some insecure jerk whining about X person on the fora who said something mildly objectionable, causing the whole bloody group to gang up on them for the rest of their posting days (case in point: Boudica). Do I even need to explain how wrong that is?

But whatever. I agree with Portal, it'll blow over soon enough. Just have to wait it out.

So, you find having thread that don't last long fun? The threads that only act as a medium to ask whether anyone is actually here? Telling them how many users aren't here?

Wait, are you trying to tell me that threads we've been posting in for nearly two years 'don't last long'? And again with the condescension, what the hell does it matter if you don't see the appeal? It was something that I, personally, enjoyed.

If you actually look at the rules, you would see we aren't going to bring brovenger/injustice conversations here. We want this forum to be unique yet connected to the escapist. The mods actually are cleaning up this place by getting rid of the spambots, and all you can do is be annoyed that we are trying?

You might not be bringing the actual conversations here, but this entire 'operation' is based off users of those groups carrying over. Same community, same themes.

And the spambots really didn't matter. At all.

Evil Smurf:

missingthepoint.jpg

I didn't want the change, that's been my point since the start. We had something cool going, now that thing does not exist. Can't speak for Portal, but I'm not annoyed at you guys, I'm annoyed about the change itself. That was caused by you guys, granted, but you're not actually doing anything directly malicious.

Evil Smurf:

Shadie777:

bots are people too!

SirBryghtside:
Le Snip

Portal Maniac:
Le Snip

I'm pretty sure they were satisfied with how it was before...

Also seems kind of pointless to ask that to someone who thinks it's gonna fail and be gone anyway.

Personally I think we should just leave them alone unless they choose to participate themselves.

Sassafrass:
Also, talking to Taco now, I know because I'm watching this revival. I want to see where this goes, see what the plan is. I'm interested enough to watch but not interested enough to help because I personally don't think it's going to go too far.

In my opinion, we are already doing a lot.

Even if we fail, we can at least say we cleaned up the forum of the rubbish for the wandering warcry member.

SirBryghtside:
Stop being so frakking condescending.

Sorry, I tend to get that way when people throw unneeded bile in my direction. I asked the guy legitimate questions about why he felt that only he, you, and oppp7 should be allowed to use this forum as your personal playground, he dodged the issue by pointing out that he isn't only here (as if that has any bearing on the question) and ridiculing how little I've posted, implying that it means my opinion holds no weight.

The fact that he didn't even attempt to have a personable demeanor upon the entrance of other persons onto this forum meant that I didn't feel the need to be extra courteous.

Actually, while I'm on the subject of the Brovengers, what the hell is going on in that group? Every time I go in there's some insecure jerk whining about X person on the fora who said something mildly objectionable, causing the whole bloody group to gang up on them for the rest of their posting days (case in point: Boudica). Do I even need to explain how wrong that is?

No, you don't have to explain it, and if you haven't noticed I don't tend to join in with all of that if I can help it. I'll point out a post that I legitimately think is offensive, such as something that is slinging passive-aggressive insults which will probably get by the mods otherwise, but I personally don't condone the behavior of (to cherry pick here) say, Matthew94, who loves to find people to report for the pettiest reasons.

Referring to the Boudica situation specifically, I'm weirded out by a lot of her posts but apart from comparing her to Clearing The Eye I've tried to stay out of most of that, because I do think they get petty over a lot of things.

Whether or not people forget about this place again, I have no stake in. I've known about these forums for far longer than yesterday, but I've never posted here because it was your personal playground. And apparently Senor Portal over there would've raged at me to get out if I had posted, anyway.

My point was that he didn't need to act like people were forcibly taking his toys away from him just because more people are over here right now. I like to use forums/chat for levity, I don't like to be serious, I don't like to make people angry, and I don't like getting into internet arguments because they're one of the most pointless ways I could be spending my time. I am completely content to let you and Portal and oppp7 go on your merry way in this forum by yourselves, as I'm not the person who made the thread asking what Warcry was. At this point, I'm just expressing incredulity at how somebody could truly get so outraged over other people finding a forum, because his reaction to us really just stunned me.

SirBryghtside:
Wait, are you trying to tell me that threads we've been posting in for nearly two years 'don't last long'? And again with the condescension, what the hell does it matter if you don't see the appeal? It was something that I, personally, enjoyed.

You might not be bringing the actual conversations here, but this entire 'operation' is based off users of those groups carrying over. Same community, same themes.

And the spambots really didn't matter. At all.

Evil Smurf:

missingthepoint.jpg

I didn't want the change, that's been my point since the start. We had something cool going, now that thing does not exist. Can't speak for Portal, but I'm not annoyed at you guys, I'm annoyed about the change itself. That was caused by you guys, granted, but you're not actually doing anything directly malicious.

Sorry for being condescending, I was just personally annoyed by the idea of someone being angry at people who are just being active in this forum, I am glad you aren't personally angry at us, but I still don't understand why you're angry at the result of an active forum, because thats the only change I see. I personally want this website to be MMO themed like it used to be, and i'm assuming some people agree with me on that.

On your comment on you're statement of "same community, same themes".Our community is only a group that does A little roleplaying that is only played for fun (at least by most of us). Most of us do not gang on each other's opinion due to their group. I only really argue when I see an opinion I really disagree with. Also, just because we are in the group, does that mean our general theme can't change? We are trying to separate it, if it is failing, we will simply try more.

As for the thread, while it is great that it is active, it seems to be the exception rather than the norm and doesn't lead to any diversity for this website. But then again, this may what you like, so it seems we are rather conflicted.

This'll be an interesting thread to look back on, at the very least.

Also, good job everyone!

We've succeed many of our goals.

• Moderation
  • We now have three moderators. Check em' out.
  • Kill all Spambots
  • Thank you, mods!
  • Fix Forum Button Issues
  • WarCry has been reverted to a previous version and looks much better! Thank you, Tech Team.
  • Create User Content
  • This is our current objective. We have a few pieces of content over at WarCry Discussion, so make sure to jump in, comment and post your own user generated content!

Much more coming soon!
Until then

Viva La WarCry!

Evil Smurf:

Andrewtheeviscerator:
We can try and make this the place where we only talk about what we enjoy about video games, instead of complaining about everything that goes on.

A place to get away from all the friend zone threads, I hear you.

Oh god don't even get me started on that friendzone bullshit, I didn't even take a glance into those threads

Lucem712:
Le Snip

Good Job guys :)

Lucem712:
This'll be an interesting thread to look back on, at the very least.

Also, good job everyone!

We've succeed many of our goals.

• Moderation
  • We now have three moderators. Check em' out.
  • Kill all Spambots
  • Thank you, mods!
  • Fix Forum Button Issues
  • WarCry has been reverted to a previous version and looks much better! Thank you, Tech Team.
  • Create User Content
  • This is our current objective. We have a few pieces of content over at WarCry Discussion, so make sure to jump in, comment and post your own user generated content!

Much more coming soon!
Until then

Viva La WarCry!

I was wondering... cause I've got a few things... but is it imperative for the content to be video game related?

Sacman:

I was wondering... cause I've got a few things... but is it imperative for the content to be video game related?

Good question! The desciption of 'WarCry Discussion' is Gaming, Games and WarCry Articles So yes! That sounds a-okay by me!

I just want to state this one more time, so it's very clear: The Escapist will not be running WarCry. WarCry is on ice. Please stop PMing Escapist staff members asking for access to and control of this website.

We're happy to allow you to use the forums, but that's all.

Sassafrass:

And nothing like what Vault posted a few pages back, which, I think, is now being looked into by Mods.

that won't happen again....

that was just me being let off the chain for 5 minutes

EDIT: but personally yeah..I find that brovengers thing kind of annyoing..not that I liek to step on other peoples fun though..

SirBryghtside:

shrekfan246:

Portal Maniac:
And you people were wondering why I was so fucking pissy with you earlier.

Really.

Portal Maniac:

Yeah. It's definitely the spambots that didn't even enter the one good thread here.

And totally fucking not the hordes of people encroaching this place with their little Escapist cult and misguided visions of restoring this damned husk of a site.

It must be very fulfilling only having half-conversations with one or two people sporadically over the course of weeks, isn't it?

Yes it was, actually. For me at least, this was the place I went to do that. Now it's just another user group which looks one hell of a lot like the Brovengers. You've changed the entire dynamic of the place into something that we never came here for, and what we had going here was unique. Stop being so frakking condescending.

But whatever. I agree with Portal, it'll blow over soon enough. Just have to wait it out.

You guys clearly had your own thing going, with its own little dynamics, and it appears to have been very positive and very pleasant. And no, even if it does survive this influx of people it very likelywon't ever be the same. And all I can say is sorry, I suppose. Of course I can suggest a usergroup or a different forum or something, but you guys already know your options. I'm just sorry that "continue like nothing's happened" isn't really one of them.
Though we on the IRC would always be happy to have you. <3

Vault101:

EDIT: but personally yeah..I find that brovengers thing kind of annyoing..not that I liek to step on other peoples fun though..

Gonna have to agree on that. Tend to just avoid commenting about them since I can just ignore it, but sometimes seeing them flood threads annoys me a bit. Kind of over the top all the time stops being amusing fast for me.

And does the forum seem to be slowing down significantly? The posting that is.

Mortai Gravesend:

err, I think it is.

it is still pretty consistent though.

Shadie777:

Mortai Gravesend:

err, I think it is.

it is still pretty consistent though.

I post regularly :)

Well I liked exploring a dead forum it was quite intriguing, but I didn't make much of an attempt to interact with the the few locals, though I did exchange words with them on a couple of occasions and I'm pretty sure I entered the one thread they had going on one time, I realized that they had a certain dynamic probably because they've been friends for a long time, so I decided to leave them alone and limited myself at reading long dead threads and occasionally give some guidance to lost wanderers, and though this operation seems rather curious, I didn't bump into WarCry until after it died, and right now I don't have that much time so my interaction will probably be minimal.

But anyway I liked it because the dead forum seemed intriguing, though then again I also like exploring old threads on the escapist, I'm not a terribly fun person so I doubt I'd contribute anything remotely useful to this cause, and seems like I'm a little late here anyway, though I do like that they made the forums look like they used to, it's a nice time capsule thing.
I think I'll miss the spam-bots, they were like the rolling plant to an abandoned town.

Mortai Gravesend:

Lucem712:

EscapeGoat:

These are all great ideas. Unfortunately, like the Mod issue, none of us have the powers (through the Escapist, I presume) to create new content or clean up the spambot problem.

Trying to resolve the mod issue, but I don't know anything about MMOs. Like, at all. :\

I would like to put a 'To-Do' list either in a new thread, or just edit into the OP since when and if people wander in, they'll see this is most recent and such. :D

You know, if we revive it, I'm wondering what we're going to do with all these forums...

Some of those games... IIRC Tabula Rasa was shut down a while ago. And Asheron's Call is ancient, even though I hear it's still running. Last time I even saw it *mentioned* was by that deranged person Mythrandia.

I is deranged, eh?

Mythrandia:

Mortai Gravesend:

Lucem712:

These are all great ideas. Unfortunately, like the Mod issue, none of us have the powers (through the Escapist, I presume) to create new content or clean up the spambot problem.

Trying to resolve the mod issue, but I don't know anything about MMOs. Like, at all. :\

I would like to put a 'To-Do' list either in a new thread, or just edit into the OP since when and if people wander in, they'll see this is most recent and such. :D

You know, if we revive it, I'm wondering what we're going to do with all these forums...

Some of those games... IIRC Tabula Rasa was shut down a while ago. And Asheron's Call is ancient, even though I hear it's still running. Last time I even saw it *mentioned* was by that deranged person Mythrandia.

I is deranged, eh?

Yes, you most decidedly are, or at least it appears that way to everyone else. Most of your posts read like the rantings of a madman who is obsessed with fantasy MMOs for some reason. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is true. It feels like you have Schizophrenia and you lay off the meds when you make your posts. :\

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here