Topic Index
Operation: Revive Warcry

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)

God, this place is so cool. Our own secret hideout... Think of all the mischeif we few could get up to! We need to revive this place, but only let the chosen few know about it. It could be some sort of cool exclusive club that only we know about. We can where creepy masks and have naked waiters and everything!

BreakfastMan:
God, this place is so cool. Our own secret hideout... Think of all the mischeif we few could get up to! We need to revive this place, but only let the chosen few know about it. It could be some sort of cool exclusive club that only we know about. We can where creepy masks and have naked waiters and everything!

yeah..I like having a no mans land where there are no rules..I dont want to make it civilised

also I LOVE The Boys...am wondering when the next TPB is out...

Andrewtheeviscerator:
We can try and make this the place where we only talk about what we enjoy about video games, instead of complaining about everything that goes on.

A place to get away from all the friend zone threads, I hear you.

BreakfastMan:

So just a more populated version of what it already is? :P
It'll be hard to get rid of the spambots, though. I've never seen so many bots ._.

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

yeah..I like having a no mans land where there are no rules..I dont want to make it civilised

also I LOVE The Boys...am wondering when the next TPB is out...

Eh, true, it is liberating to be able to say whatever one wants too, without incurring mod wrath... We should totally keep the base of user small, so it doesn't get overrun and boring. :)

And I know you love the series. I think it was from one of your posts on the Escapist that I learned of the series. I also can't wait for the next trade, having just finished Over The Hill With The Swords Of A Thousand Men. I have no idea where the series can go after that ending, though. Seriously, what else is there left to do? :/

GeneralTwinkle:

BreakfastMan:

It'll be hard to get rid of the spambots, though. I've never seen so many bots ._.

with a huge ban hammer

http://www.tf2items.com/id/gabelogannewell

GeneralTwinkle:

BreakfastMan:

Meh, don't let the bots scare you. Think of them like our version of rats. Everywhere and annoying, but can do you no real harm, unless you get to close to them and catch a virus. :D

Evil Smurf:

GeneralTwinkle:

BreakfastMan:

with a huge ban hammer

http://www.tf2items.com/id/gabelogannewell

...I like your style!

BreakfastMan:

Eh, true, it is liberating to be able to say whatever one wants too, without incurring mod wrath... We should totally keep the base of user small, so it doesn't get overrun and boring. :)

And I know you love the series. I think it was from one of your posts on the Escapist that I learned of the series. I also can't wait for the next trade, having just finished Over The Hill With The Swords Of A Thousand Men. I have no idea where the series can go after that ending, though. Seriously, what else is there left to do? :/

i'm thinking of making a thread about escapists I dont like..though that might be abit much...

as for the boys I dont think it has long to go (it seems to get interesting) I have issue #66 and I think I got abit mixed up because I didnt realise some of the issues were already out (#67) and I though it was the same issue with an alternitive cover...

in other words I need to get my ass to the comicbook store

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

i'm thinking of making a thread about escapists I dont like..though that might be abit much...

as for the boys I dont think it has long to go (it seems to get interesting) I have issue #66 and I think I got abit mixed up because I didnt realise some of the issues were already out (#67) and I though it was the same issue with an alternitive cover...

I have never been to one. Although that is just mu location, I can't find any in Melbourne!

Evil Smurf:

I have never been to one. Although that is just mu location, I can't find any in Melbourne!

seriously? theres definetly got to be one in Melbourne (goole! :D)

if theres two within walking distance in Perth CBD then theres definetly one in melbourne

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

I don't think it has long until it ends either... Of course, I thought that with both Fables AND Powers when getting to certain spots on the story of both, and those books are still going and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon, so I could be wrong.

I don't really buy individual issues of books. I much prefer to get the trades from the local library system. :P

Vault101:

Evil Smurf:

seriously? theres definetly got to be one in Melbourne (goole! :D)

if theres two within walking distance in Perth CBD then theres definetly one in melbourne

I will look, I did see comics at Oz Comic Con however, that was fun. I saw Patrick Stewart I did not get an autograph, because screw $40 dollars for a piece of paper.

Evil Smurf:

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

Seriously? o.O
If there are several in canberra, there's bound to be lots in melbourne.

BreakfastMan:

I don't think it has long until it ends either... Of course, I thought that with both Fables AND Powers when getting to certain spots on the story of both, and those books are still going and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon, so I could be wrong.

I don't really buy individual issues of books. I much prefer to get the trades from the local library system. :P

yeah..fable is a long runner

except I think ageis ago the guy in the store mentioned it was finished or ending soon,

but yeah, Trades are a better format really..I'd only bother with issues because I'm impatient...excpet of coarse they never really have all the ones you need/want...and reading issues you only get tiny snippets of story in between certain amounts of time

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

yeah..fable is a long runner

except I think ageis ago the guy in the store mentioned it was finished or ending soon,

but yeah, Trades are a better format really..I'd only bother with issues because I'm impatient...excpet of coarse they never really have all the ones you need/want...and reading issues you only get tiny snippets of story in between certain amounts of time

Meh, I think Fables will end at about the same time Hellboy does. Which is when the writer dies. XD (it honestly shows no signs of ending anytime soon, tbh, so I don't know what the guy in the store was talking about)

I would get issues but A: the closest comic shop is over 45 minutes away by car, and B: comics are so freaking expensive and I am poor.

BreakfastMan:

Meh, I think Fables will end at about the same time Hellboy does. Which is when the writer dies. XD (it honestly shows no signs of ending anytime soon, tbh, so I don't know what the guy in the store was talking about)

I would get issues but A: the closest comic shop is over 45 minutes away by car, and B: comics are so freaking expensive and I am poor.

0_0....Mike Migola isnt dead is he?!..and I thourght Hellboy had finished..but B.R.P.D. (spin off) was still going...

anyway I've been wanting to get into the Invisibles but it seems every bloody comicbookshop has all of them except 1# want to get it online but I'm confused as to making sure its the 1# I need

aparently they are releasing the entire thing as one volume...which would be convineit but its almost $200 and not somthing I oculd take to work to read

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

0_0....Mike Migola isnt dead is he?!..and I thourght Hellboy had finished..but B.R.P.D. (spin off) was still going...

anyway I've been wanting to get into the Invisibles but it seems every bloody comicbookshop has all of them except 1# want to get it online but I'm confused as to making sure its the 1# I need

aparently they are releasing the entire thing as one volume...which would be convineit but its almost $200 and not somthing I oculd take to work to read

No, Mignola is not yet dead, and Hellboy is not finished. Both it and B.P.R.D. are still going, as far as I know.

Maybe check your local library, see if they have the trade of The Invisibles. They might, who knows. :)

BreakfastMan:

No, Mignola is not yet dead, and Hellboy is not finished. Both it and B.P.R.D. are still going, as far as I know.

Maybe check your local library, see if they have the trade of The Invisibles. They might, who knows. :)

speaking of the Boys

*potential spoilers*

I actually like Hughie as a charachter, he's your "everyman/new guy" but still likeable in many ways

though I found he was getting really really whiney towards the end...especially when he start whining to Butcher and making demands when in fact he's actually done nothing overly useful to justify being part of the team

but then I think thats somthing that may get adressed

Vault101:

BreakfastMan:

speaking of the Boys

*potential spoilers*

I actually like Hughie as a charachter, he's your "everyman/new guy" but still likeable in many ways

though I found he was getting really really whiney towards the end...especially when he start whining to Butcher and making demands when in fact he's actually done nothing overly useful to justify being part of the team

but then I think thats somthing that may get adressed

I quite like Hughie too. He provides a human element to the series, which is definitely needed in a series that is populated almost entirely by psychopaths and mass-murderers. Helps keep the series grounded.

Just got an update from the Mods

@Evil Smurf: The mods here don't actually have any power on those forums, only the staff do. The staff will likely see this in another few hours when they get to work. Other than that, there's nothing we can do.

All we need to do is wait

Evil Smurf:

@Evil Smurf: The mods here don't actually have any power on those forums, only the staff do. The staff will likely see this in another few hours when they get to work. Other than that, there's nothing we can do.

What are we waiting for?!?!

...I am scared. D:

BreakfastMan:

Evil Smurf:

...I am scared. D:

the staff to see my post :P

Evil Smurf:

BreakfastMan:

Evil Smurf:

...I am scared. D:

Well, then what? What are the staff going to do? :/

BreakfastMan:

Evil Smurf:

BreakfastMan:

...I am scared. D:

Well, then what? What are the staff going to do? :/

staffy things, I don't know. Wait and see!

Well this is strange, I feel like I'm in a secret clubhouse. So what's the plan? I want to help out revive the site!

Padwolf:
Well this is strange, I feel like I'm in a secret clubhouse. So what's the plan? I want to help out revive the site!

We are waiting for the staff to give us power so we can clean this place up :)

Evil Smurf:

Padwolf:

We are waiting for the staff to give us power so we can clean this place up :)

Just saying, since I'd actually like for this place to get going again (in some way, shape or form, even if it's just Off-Topic for now), if there's any Mod power being doled out, I'd be more than happy to give a hand cleaning out the spambots and shit. It's not like I do anything - I'm an English student at uni, so I have shit-tons of free time :P

I mean, that's where we should start, I guess. There's not really any point in enforcing the forum rules right now, especially as some users are enjoying their new-found freedom and I'm not gonna piss on that parade.

I wouldn't mind helping with the spambots even if my power is stuck to this site for rules I think they could be looser then the scapist -like the scapist younger more laid back cousin

So... It'll be like what would happen if a zombie apocalypse hit the Escapist?

Rules from the old civilization must be modified in this new wasteland?

This is going to be a great place to be one day free posting not having to worry about being modded for posts being to short

PsychicTaco115:

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:
This is going to be a great place to be one day free posting not having to worry about being modded for posts being to short

I don't know about modified. I mean, if you read the existing WarCry rules, they're certainly similar to The Escapist, but are different in subtle ways. Probably the most obvious difference is that the old Mods were not some sort of wonderful free-posting lovers - an Infraction here was a Ban, end of story. In fact it was a bit like The Escapistback when Joe was a Mod. Adopting The Escapist's tiered Modding might be a good start, although I personally wouldn't keep them exactly the same.

To be fair, all of this is moot. All I'd use Mods for right now is cleaning up - there's no point actually enforcing rules until the Forum is alive. If it does live though, I just wouldn't get your hopes up about it being some wonderful free-posting anarchy, because that's just unlikely :/

EscapeGoat:

PsychicTaco115:

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:

I don't know about modified. I mean, if you read the existing WarCry rules, they're certainly similar to The Escapist, but are different in subtle ways. Probably the most obvious difference is that the old Mods were not some sort of wonderful free-posting lovers - an Infraction here was a Ban, end of story. In fact it was a bit like The Escapistback when Joe was a Mod. Adopting The Escapist's tiered Modding might be a good start, although I personally wouldn't keep them exactly the same.

To be fair, all of this is moot. All I'd use Mods for right now is cleaning up - there's no point actually enforcing rules until the Forum is alive. If it does live though, I just wouldn't get your hopes up about it being some wonderful free-posting anarchy, because that's just unlikely :/

So basically, you spam, you're banned?

Or something more lenient

We should get that figured out pretty quickly...

If you know what I mean

PsychicTaco115:

EscapeGoat:

PsychicTaco115:

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:

So basically, you spam, you're banned?

Or something more lenient

We should get that figured out pretty quickly...

If you know what I mean

I think we should be more lenient as We want to make it a place people want to be if we are to strick nobody will want to join

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/members/War-cry-restoration-effort Made this group will Invite you as soon as I can

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here