Topic Index
Operation: Revive Warcry

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)

I came here on behalf of my fellow Bros and it looks like nothing major is going on here.

Silly IL, causing trouble that's not really trouble. :D

Lear'sFool:

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

IF we were to sign a treaty, it would be a truce on Warcry and only Warcry, at least for the moment. We would agree to never fight each other here, and instead have friendly conversation and crack jokes. We could meet in peace here, even if we battle on The Escapist.

I can agree with those terms

Warcry, and only on Warcry

Now, we have a lot of work to do! Best get... Informed on what those goals are!

We didn't sign the treaty! And don't you ahve your own terms?

Each side has the rights to their own in-jokes (bro talk for you, orphans for us)

Interaction will be cordial

Petty revenge will be NOT be tolerated on Warcry forums

I think that's about it

Evil Smurf:

Carbonyl:

Lear'sFool:

Magic fauna? Spambots, and a handful of guardians who are grumpy as feck. Have fun!

....I think I'm going to need a bigger e-sword. I already have the BrOwl armor though!

I know how to deal with robots. generous amounts of bullet and sandvich

BOOM! Spam-shot?

Let's do this:

OH YEAH.

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

PsychicTaco115:

Each side has the rights to their own in-jokes (bro talk for you, orphans for us)

I think that's about it

I think all Bros can agree to a cease-fire, and act with dignity and treat others with respect befitting a Bro.
I, for one, accept.
A land of peace between us, this shall be.

Luftwaffles:

Lucem712:

Luftwaffles:

To me it seems less like trying to revive the place and more treating this like your own personal forum.

I challenge you brovengers and the other whatsisgroup to displace at least 10 spambot threads on the WarCry Discussion subforum. Hold them off for a week.

With proper topics too, not threads on the diameter of daystars areolas.

There's no harming in trying. If we fail, then we fail. That's okay. It'll just make more interesting content for those who come after us and discover our efforts.

Also, we're not all a part of those two groups, just a majority of us since I encouraged (my group, at least) to come and assist me.

Currently, all i see is 2 threads on the brovengers(sneakily names otherwise) and the other one. The rest are necros.

Warcry discussion subforum is untouched.

This isnt reviving, its just a clique banding together and having a gabfest.

But honestly, pretty decent intentions i think, just not the right execution.

Well, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. We've contacted the mods, I've been researching all the resources that WarCry has. Some of the subforums are in need of updating, as their games are no longer relevant. Though, bringing the whole site back up was never my intent, I wanted to resurrect a little bit of a community in the Off-topic and even that is going to be a good haul.

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

PsychicTaco115:

I think that's about it

When Daystar gets back, he will sign it, if he agrees.

Lear'sFool:

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

I think that's about it

Doesn't mean we can't uncork the champagne now though!

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

PsychicTaco115:

I think that's about it

Nay, we need irn bru.

Evil Smurf:

PsychicTaco115:

Lear'sFool:

Nay, we need irn bru.

Well, when in Rome!

So, any ideas on new topics for the Warcry revival?

Evil Smurf:

Nay, we need irn bru.

DUDE...I TOTALLY DRINK IRN-BRU

PsychicTaco115:

Evil Smurf:

PsychicTaco115:

Nay, we need irn bru.

Well, when in Rome!

Some sort of thread where you have to come up with the craziest possible explanation to explain a mundane thing.

Lucem712:

Well, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. We've contacted the mods, I've been researching all the resources that WarCry has. Some of the subforums are in need of updating, as their games are no longer relevant. Though, bringing the whole site back up was never my intent, I wanted to resurrect a little bit of a community in the Off-topic and even that is going to be a good haul.

does this mean it will be moderated? because I actually like being able to post without fear of mod wrath

Lear'sFool:
I love the lack of mods!

Shit tit ass fuck!

WOO HOO!

Crazy gone for now.

EDIT: actually I better cover my ass just in case

it was a joke BTW

Vault101:

Lucem712:

does this mean it will be moderated? because I actually like being able to post without fear of mod wrath

Well, we'd probably conduct ourselves aside the original WarCry rules. It just depends on the power (if any, at this rate.) we'll be able to wield.

WarCry (at least from what I've read/heard) seemed to have a more casual vibes and that's what caused a-lot of members to leave completely (instead of migrating) 'cos the Escapist was a bit too uptight for their tastes.[1]

[1] Though, I can't speak for them. So, take that with a grain of salt.

Vault101:

go to the forum games in the escapist, you never get mod wrath there.

PsychicTaco115:

1. threads on the diameter of daystars areolas
2. TF2
3. MMOy stuff

Evil Smurf:

Vault101:

go to the forum games in the escapist, you never get mod wrath there.

huh...well I dont play forum games.and Id be too scared..

anyway I feel like making a list of escapist users who piss me off ;P

Vault101:

Lucem712:

Go type profanities at the spambots in other subforums.

Lucem712:
-

Yknow i dont want this to turn into another escapist anyways. Can you imagine sexism, entitlement, pony threads here?

If this site ever survives, they really need to update those subforums. Some of the MMO's there have shut down their servers and no longer exist, under any form. They should also make a GW2 sub forum, I'd actually use that :D
This is just wishful thinking, for the most part :(

Evil Smurf:

2. TF2
3. MMOy stuff

Damn my lack of knowledge about MMOs. :|

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

2. TF2
3. MMOy stuff

and mine, I only play Pokemon, TF2 and tetris.

Pokemon thread?

Luftwaffles:

Go type profanities at the spambots in other subforums.

but spambots don't cry real tears :(

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

2. TF2
3. MMOy stuff

Pokemon thread?

Oooh hey...uh, isn't that uh, 'Secret World' an MMO? I suggest we expand to MMO/RGPs (That way I have something to fuckin' talk about. :D )

Lucem712:
Oooh hey...uh, isn't that uh, 'Secret World' an MMO? I suggest we expand to MMO/RGPs (That way I have something to fuckin' talk about. :D )

Yep, I can talk about my Pokemon!

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

Pokemon thread?

Maybe (If we're given the power) we could transform it into a more game centric place. Not just for MMOs but instead of having all these divided forums, maybe something like this..

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

Maybe (If we're given the power) we could transform it into a more game centric place. Not just for MMOs but instead of having all these divided forums, maybe something like this..

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • that might be though, define classic.

just out of curiosity..does anyone know where the older warcry users migrated too?

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • that might be though, define classic.

Pre PS2/Dreamcast. :D

It would be super tough.

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • Eh, before looking too far ahead I'd see if you can at least get the off topic forum back in a reasonable state of activity. Kind of as a way to convince them. I really doubt they'd want to bother to invest time into the project given the current state of things. At least, I honestly don't think I'd want to bother if I were in there shoes just yet.

Vault101:
    just out of curiosity..does anyone know where the older warcry users migrated too?

Escapist or other forums.Portal from beginning of thread is also an escapist regular.

And im sure bots have feelings too.

Luftwaffles:

Escapist or other forums.Portal from beginning of thread is also an escapist regular.

I still fidn it odd the comunity just up and died..even though this place is still functional..

its too bad I joined to late to get involved in the controversy

Mortai Gravesend:

Lucem712:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • Eh, before looking too far ahead I'd see if you can at least get the off topic forum back in a reasonable state of activity. Kind of as a way to convince them. I really doubt they'd want to bother to invest time into the project given the current state of things. At least, I honestly don't think I'd want to bother if I were in there shoes just yet.

I'm just dreaming out loud a-bit. I know how unlikely that is :D

Lucem712:

Mortai Gravesend:

Lucem712:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics

I'm just dreaming out loud a-bit. I know how unlikely that is :D

So more posting here? More rallying to the cause? I can hack it.

Lucem712:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • But that would just be duplicating what the escapist already has. So it would all be redundant really.
    Sorry to be a killjoy =/

Besides, this site's only function now is badge and post count farming. And we already have the forum games section of the escapist for that =P

Vault101:

Luftwaffles:

I still fidn it odd the comunity just up and died..even though this place is still functional..

its too bad I joined to late to get involved in the controversy

Was mentioned somewhere that this place was on its last legs. The merger just pushed most who were still active away.

Lucem712:

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

• Off-Topic
  • RPGs
  • MMO
  • FPS
  • Classics
  • We can try and make this the place where we only talk about what we enjoy about video games, instead of complaining about everything that goes on.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)
    Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Registered for a free account here