Topic Index
Operation: Revive Warcry

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)

CommanderL:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/members/War-cry-restoration-effort Made this group will Invite you as soon as I can

sweet move man

Evil Smurf:

CommanderL:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/members/War-cry-restoration-effort Made this group will Invite you as soon as I can

sweet move man

Thank you
also may have found some content providers two of my friends run youtube pages and make lp's going to ask them if they want to join

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

CommanderL:

sweet move man

Thank you
also may have found some content providers two of my friends run youtube pages and make lp's going to ask them if they want to join

good that you know people, because I don't want to spam people.

Evil Smurf:

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

sweet move man

Thank you

good that you know people, because I don't want to spam people.

as they are my friends I watch them not to sure if they are that good at the whole lp thing

I know this: No sexism threads here :)

Evil Smurf:

yes this so much this Best idea ever Soo many sexim threads at escapist -crys

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

I'll drink to that!

Well, I'd drink to anything, really

Cheers, though!

Lucem712:

Secret world leader (shhh):

PsychicTaco115:
We're like archeologists, digging up the past!

There was a battle here. Many years ago. Before my time at least, we must find out the story of this place. It was a badge. The war was fought over a badge. This much I know.

This was left by one MrCheese, who was later ban, made another account and subsequently ban once again.

That guy (MrCheese) clearly has no understanding of the way our system works.

I wasn't here when this stuff happened, but I take my job as Community Manager very seriously. It seems to me if anything that The Escapist forums have been altered to reflect the WarCry ideal. He complains about Escapists bumping, necroing, writing low content posts... all of which we disallow currently.

I'd very much like to help you guys get this place running again by assigning a few moderators. You should know, however, that we don't know how long WarCry will be up. It might be a short while, it might be a very long time. I just want to prepare you for the possibility of that before you invest a lot of effort.

Nasrin:

I wasn't here when this stuff happened, but I take my job as Community Manager very seriously. It seems to me if anything that The Escapist forums have been altered to reflect the WarCry ideal. He complains about Escapists bumping, necroing, writing low content posts... all of which we disallow currently.

I'd very much like to help you guys get this place running again by assigning a few moderators. You should know, however, that we don't know how long WarCry will be up. It might be a short while, it might be a very long time. I just want to prepare you for the possibility of that before you invest a lot of effort.

I trust Susan's account, since MrCheese seemed very bitter even though nothing was really being forced on them, it was just a subforum.

Thank ya, it means a-lot to me. (and I'm sure many others)

Nasrin:

Lucem712:

Secret world leader (shhh):

There was a battle here. Many years ago. Before my time at least, we must find out the story of this place. It was a badge. The war was fought over a badge. This much I know.

This was left by one MrCheese, who was later ban, made another account and subsequently ban once again.

Aye, aye!... Captain? General? Leader?

All of the above? Yeah, that works!

And we understand; so things are good? Decent at least?

Evil Smurf:

Your thread really helped revive this place, if we can get that going again, maybe we can attract more users.

Lucem712:
Your thread really helped revive this place, if we can get that going again, maybe we can attract more users.

Except . . .

BreakfastMan:
We need to revive this place, but only let the chosen few know about it.

You're already at odds!

TopazFusion:

Lucem712:

Except . . .

BreakfastMan:

You're already at odds!

As far as I know, that's the general consensus. Even if we only manage to get a few users, it sill going to be a super tiny, close knit forum. There is no way to even begin to make this phoenix rise. :)

TopazFusion:

Lucem712:

Except . . .

BreakfastMan:

You're already at odds!

Hopefully there'll be a balance between quantity and exclusivity. I like this place, it's quiet.

CommanderL:

Thats awesome man!
Invite please!

Seriously guys, A lot of discussion has been made since I fell asleep. I think we are going to at least make some good progress!

Shadie777:

CommanderL:

Thats awesome man!
Invite please!

Seriously guys, A lot of discussion has been made since I fell asleep. I think we are going to at least make some good progress!

The current mission I have is to keep the 'What is this WarCry' thread going on at the Escapist, since that made a-lot of people curious and they wandered in onto the original posts and the Operation.

Just gonna throw this out and get ignored/chewed out but hey, why not.
But what exactly do you want to do here?

Do you want an active forum, with around 500 members dropping in now and then, generating some small discussions here and there with some user created content?

Or do you want this to be a small private forum which only you guys know about, which makes petitioning the staff about this place useless as no one visits this place any more? As to be honest, there's only a handful of you around at the moment and interest in this place seems to be lower than Paris Hilton's knickers on a Saturday night.

Either way, if you DO want to get this place up and running again and actually think about attracting users through, you're gonna have to drop the Brovengers/Injustice League stuff and actually be serious about it. No gif spam, no injokes, nothing along those lines. And nothing like what Vault posted a few pages back, which, I think, is now being looked into by Mods.

So...yeah, just thought Id pop in and say get a plan together before you actually get moving with it. If half of you want it open and the others want it private, things aren't going to go well.

Sassafrass:

Do you want an active forum, with around 500 members dropping in now and then, generating some small discussions here and there with some user created content?

Or do you want this to be a small private forum which only you guys know about, which makes petitioning the staff about this place useless as no one visits this place any more? As to be honest, there's only a handful of you around at the moment and interest in this place seems to be lower than Paris Hilton's knickers on a Saturday night.

Either way, if you DO want to get this place up and running again and actually think about attracting users through, you're gonna have to drop the Brovengers/Injustice League stuff and actually be serious about it. No gif spam, no injokes, nothing along those lines. And nothing like what Vault posted a few pages back, which, I think, is now being looked into by Mods.

So...yeah, just thought Id pop in and say get a plan together before you actually get moving with it. If half of you want it open and the others want it private, things aren't going to go well.

Whatever happens happens. I highly doubt it can ever be brought back to the level it was at before everyone abandoned ship. We're still working on the mod issue, thought that should be resolved very soon. We're discussing the rules in another thread, and just trying to create a little bit of a community. Myself and another user are looking to providing a little content, maybe give people a reason to drop in once in awhile.

Sassafrass:

Honestly, I don't care what happens, really. I just want to talk to people from the Escapist about stuff without having to deal with some of the crap that surrounds the main site. Whatever happens, whether it gets resurrected or is kept exclusive I will keep posting in these forums.

Wow.

How in the world did I get here?

Looking around the forum, I see... no role playing, no politics and forum games. Suzanna. IT IS GLORIOUS!

Let's keep the spam bots. They seem fun. I guess. Well interesting is a better word.

EDIT: Does anyone have the link to the thread where spam bots actually started talking to each other? Anyone?

Lucem712:

Shadie777:

CommanderL:

Thats awesome man!
Invite please!

The current mission I have is to keep the 'What is this WarCry' thread going on at the Escapist, since that made a-lot of people curious and they wandered in onto the original posts and the Operation.

Sort of the same way you put a lantern right in front of a steep cliff.

Frission:

Lucem712:

Shadie777:

Thats awesome man!
Invite please!

Sort of the same way you put a lantern right in front of a steep cliff.

Yes, of course! That way you can't climb back out! Mahauaha -cough- I mean, welcome! Unfortunately, we are currently purging the Spambots, so...don't get attached :D

Awwwwww Yeah! three cheers for the escapist staff and the mods! We will see this place rise!

Evil Smurf:
Awwwwww Yeah! three cheers for the escapist staff and the mods! We will see this place rise!

Ooh, hey! :D Restoration efforts are going well. I posted a review of 'Sleeping Dogs' in the WarCry Discussions. You can see if you click 'home' or the WarCry logo, under 'Recent Forum posts'

Nasrin:

I guess all there is to say is we've got to give it a shot. I personally think it's worth it but if it sinks, it sinks. That's the natural cycle of websites, but if we can give this site one more great big push and make it into a nice fully-fledged MMO-based forum before it goes, then I'm happy. Whatever effort I invest, and whatever happens, I have no regrets.

Right, I'mma grabbing my brush and attacking those sub-forums.

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

I'll drink to that!

Cheers, though!

Three cheers for no sexism threads! Hip Hip Hip Hooray!

Tar and feather anyone who tries to start one.

Edit: Is there anything I can do to help? I learn quickly and I'm willing to work for peanuts.

Frission:

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

I'll drink to that!

Cheers, though!

Edit: Is there anything I can do to help? I learn quickly and I'm willing to work for peanuts.

just post interesting content: reviews, Let's plays and comment on those who do!

I feel a little sad its no longer the wild wild west :(

I liked that sense of freedom..even if it was only for a little while

Frission:

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

I'll drink to that!

Cheers, though!

We have no peanuts, just nuked spambot pie. :D

Vault101:

It's still far more free here than the escapist, though. The mods are mainly here to kill spambots.

Lucem712:
We have no peanuts, just nuked spambot pie. :D

My favourite :P

GeneralTwinkle:

Vault101:

It's still far more free here than the escapist, though. The mods are mainly here to kill spambots.

Just don't act like a dick to people, not hard :)

shrekfan246:

Portal Maniac:
And you people were wondering why I was so fucking pissy with you earlier.

Really.

Portal Maniac:

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:
yay lets restore this place we may need a montage to help the passage of time but with all us guys working together we can do great things unless you all bail and leave me alone facing the horde of spambots its what sent the other guy mad

Yeah. It's definitely the spambots that didn't even enter the one good thread here.

And totally fucking not the hordes of people encroaching this place with their little Escapist cult and misguided visions of restoring this damned husk of a site.

It must be very fulfilling only having half-conversations with one or two people sporadically over the course of weeks, isn't it?

Yes it was, actually. For me at least, this was the place I went to do that. Now it's just another user group which looks one hell of a lot like the Brovengers. You've changed the entire dynamic of the place into something that we never came here for, and what we had going here was unique. Stop being so frakking condescending.

Actually, while I'm on the subject of the Brovengers, what the hell is going on in that group? Every time I go in there's some insecure jerk whining about X person on the fora who said something mildly objectionable, causing the whole bloody group to gang up on them for the rest of their posting days (case in point: Boudica). Do I even need to explain how wrong that is?

But whatever. I agree with Portal, it'll blow over soon enough. Just have to wait it out.

By the way, calling Bryght and Portal "Angry natives" and talking about them in the revival group isn't exactly gonna attract new users, nor help you convince them that what you're doing is anything more than a small scale stunt.

Just another friendly hint from me.

SirBryghtside:
Yes it was, actually. For me at least, this was the place I went to do that. Now it's just another user group which looks one hell of a lot like the Brovengers. You've changed the entire dynamic of the place into something that we never came here for, and what we had going here was unique. Stop being so frakking condescending.

Actually, while I'm on the subject of the Brovengers, what the hell is going on in that group? Every time I go in there's some insecure jerk whining about X person on the fora who said something mildly objectionable, causing the whole bloody group to gang up on them for the rest of their posting days (case in point: Boudica). Do I even need to explain how wrong that is?

But whatever. I agree with Portal, it'll blow over soon enough. Just have to wait it out.

So, you find having threads that don't last long fun? The threads that only act as a medium to ask whether anyone is actually here? Telling them how many users aren't here?

If you look at the rules, you would see we aren't going to bring brovenger/injustice conversations here. We want this forum to be unique yet connected to the escapist. The mods actually are cleaning up this place by getting rid of the spambots, there has even been some ideas for getting content for the MMO community. Yet all you can do is be annoyed that we are trying?

I don't even understand....

But whatever, if we fail, we can at least say we tried.

Sassafrass:
By the way, calling Bryght and Portal "Angry natives" and talking about them in the revival group isn't exactly gonna attract new users, nor help you convince them that what you're doing is anything more than a small scale stunt.

T'was a joke, friendo. Imagine the song 'Savages' playing in the background :D

Sassafrass:

fair point. will send the message

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here