Topic Index
How to improve the Warcry Network Content...

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

So, seeing as how we're trying to revitalize the long lost Warcry community... How would you change the forums and content to help bring back this website back to it's former glory?

Honestly, the biggest thing, for me, would be the content, there needs to be more of a draw to this website... even with the dated layout, and dead community, if there was actually something here it'd draw a crowd, in the same way Zero Punctuation made The Escapist the powerhouse it is today, we'd have ourselves at the very least a tight small community...

But The Warcry Network can't simply steal Yahtzee Croshaw... We need to find our own stake, whether in the gaming community or as another arm of The larger Escapist community... and I feel that the best course for this site, is to move away from The Escapist's focus and stop trying to be an alternative to the Escapist... even as an MMO focused site, we are far too much of a niche site to sustain a community...

Or something like that... mind the bad grammar...<.<

Also, seeing as how that other thread has gone off topic... that's the main point of this thread, so stay on target!

I 'unno. It could become a video hosting site, like TGWTG. I don't really have many ideas, I just like to post in the forums here...

I mentioned this just in the Operation thread, but I think the best place to start is probably clean-up rather than content. When/if there's some Mods about, I would think the best thing to do right now is force out those spambots, keep the forums clean. Rules I'm not fussed about - aside from anything, WarCry rules were based on infraction=ban, as opposed to the tier system, which I wouldn't want to force on anybody. Neither a Mod-heavy nor bot-infested Forum is going to attract anything or anybody.

Content-wise though, I think keeping this place's focus on MMOs would be a decent bet, selling it as a nexus for MMO fans to gather. Articles, videos and the like should still be focused on those games - honestly, I wouldn't think finding people willing to write about MMOs and anything linked with them would be that hard - I mean, even the frontpage articles were concerned with RPGs as a whole and written text links to the community's interest, so it's not like it's a narrow focus.

I think just good content and a site where people want to be nice mods good rules stuff like that

What if some of the users here posted content for Warcry?

PsychicTaco115:

I wouldn't mind Doing that my English skills arnt the best but I want to help -also how do you create new threads ?

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:

PsychicTaco115:

I wouldn't mind Doing that my English skills arnt the best but I want to help -also how do you create new threads ?

Go to Warcry forums, pick a sub-forum (like Off-Topic)

At the top right, new forum should be available

PsychicTaco115:

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:

PsychicTaco115:

Go to Warcry forums, pick a sub-forum (like Off-Topic)

At the top right, new forum should be available

Thank you so much

PsychicTaco115:

I guess this is kind of what I was thinking - it'd certainly be simpler and quicker than finding new content writers, although maybe not suited for the long-run. We could even start with the totally simple stuff - as in, news updates for MMOs. I mean, Team Fortress 2 is a massively multiplayer online FPS, and this place could have been a perfect hub for Themis media TF2 players to congregate as the Mann vs Machine update began, rather than say, just a single User Group.

From there I guess we could branch out into full articles and the like.

EscapeGoat:

PsychicTaco115:

I guess this is kind of what I was thinking - it'd certainly be simpler and quicker than finding new content writers, although maybe not suited for the long-run. We could even start with the totally simple stuff - as in, news updates for MMOs. I mean, Team Fortress 2 is a massively multiplayer online FPS, and this place could have been a perfect hub for Themis media TF2 players to congregate as the Mann vs Machine update began, rather than say, just a single User Group.

Yeah, stuff like that

Only, it'll probably have to stick within the forums, so it'll be a bit more difficult to get it more noticeable to others

EscapeGoat:

PsychicTaco115:

TF2's not an MMOFPS, that means it has to have a huge persistent world, like planetside 1 and 2, and firefall. TF2's just a really damn popular FPS.
But this should be a place for more news, and could be a more focused forum than the escapist. It'd be nice to have a sections for certain things only, instead of everything going in gaming, or a specific usergroup that most people aren't going to use.

Just letting you guys my name is changed was bang kaboom before

But, what if let's plays of MMOs were posted here?

Evil Smurf:

That would be great We just need to find people that want to put lets plays on here

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

That would be great We just need to find people that want to put lets plays on here

I'll get contacting people in the morning

Evil Smurf:

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

awsome man -internet high five-

Evil Smurf:

CommanderL:

Evil Smurf:

Cool

That sounds like awesome stuff! :D

Manged to convice one friend wont check it to next wensday

CommanderL:

But that's like....

6 days! D:

We need something to get people's attention!

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

But that's like....

6 days! D:

Well he is busy and I dont want to put to much pressure on him I dont see you annoying your friends for content -smiles-

He wants to run a pokmon thingyo is that cool ?

CommanderL:

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

But that's like....

6 days! D:

Well he is busy and I dont want to put to much pressure on him I dont see you annoying your friends for content -smiles-

I can produce my own content, thank ya very much!

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

PsychicTaco115:

But that's like....

6 days! D:

My friend wants to run stuff about pokemon Do we allow pokemon ?

CommanderL:

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

Pokemon?

I don't know, probably

But don't take MY word for it, I just work here!

Ok, I don't work here, I just got here!

PsychicTaco115:

CommanderL:

PsychicTaco115:

Pokemon?

I don't know, probably

But don't take MY word for it, I just work here!

Ok, I don't work here, I just got here!

well we could have a vote once we invite the rest of the restoratian team to the group I made your an admin so you can invite to

Nasrin has asked me if i'd like to be a moderator on this site. So hopefully i'll be able to start cleaning this place up a bit once that passes through. I think I'll make a thread once I am a Mod explaining what we're going to do.

I'm not sure if there's Mod guidelines and stuff i'll have to follow here other than "Don't go mad with power." Buf barring any restrictions. I think i'll make a thread asking you guys to scour the place for Spambots to report for me to Kablammo. If we're really going to do this, we'll need to work together as one exploration/restoration team.

I think there's a user group for the resoration of this place. I'll post the link here when I find it.

EDIT: Here we go. http://www.warcry.com/groups/view/War-cry-restoration-effort

Sacman:
So, seeing as how we're trying to revitalize the long lost Warcry community... How would you change the forums and content to help bring back this website back to it's former glory?

Honestly, the biggest thing, for me, would be the content, there needs to be more of a draw to this website... even with the dated layout, and dead community, if there was actually something here it'd draw a crowd, in the same way Zero Punctuation made The Escapist the powerhouse it is today, we'd have ourselves at the very least a tight small community...

But The Warcry Network can't simply steal Yahtzee Croshaw... We need to find our own stake, whether in the gaming community or as another arm of The larger Escapist community... and I feel that the best course for this site, is to move away from The Escapist's focus and stop trying to be an alternative to the Escapist... even as an MMO focused site, we are far too much of a niche site to sustain a community...

Or something like that... mind the bad grammar...<.<

Also, seeing as how that other thread has gone off topic... that's the main point of this thread, so stay on target!

The only skills I have are drawing. "How to Draw: Smashed Edition" were I pretend to do drunk scribbles. IT'S FOOLPROOF!

Someone should write reviews and witty articles, that would draw a crowd.

Total LOLige:

I rate this comment 10/10 dont pick me I am as witty as A dead something

*appears from the dark realm*

My guess. Start erasing all the really old forums on here. And maybe play around with the layout of that's even a possibilty.

Also, if anyone has a youtube where the post videos regularly, start making videos for the site. What goes on the videos is up to you, as I dont know if you're going to stay with this as a gaming site.

Anyone that's halfway decent at writing, play a game and start putting reviews up. You dont have to be an expert at it. Just take the format of reviews you've seen before and use it as a general guide.

Lastly, make some kind of Site wide announcement that it's getting "relaunched" sort to speak.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Have fun.

*Floats back into the night*

Total LOLige:

*Raises hand*

Oh, oh, pick me! Pick me!

*Hand gets shot*

Tough crowd...

PsychicTaco115:

Total LOLige:

*Raises hand*

*Hand gets shot*

Tough crowd...

It's okay, we can build you a new hand. A better hand, a faster hand. We have the technology.

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

Total LOLige:

*Raises hand*

*Hand gets shot*

Tough crowd...

It's okay, we can build you a new hand. A better hand, a faster hand. We have the technology.

Sounds good to me! :D

And I just got talked into working 12 hours tomorrow... So I won't be on here pretty much all day, until 10:30

Dang it ;__;

PsychicTaco115:

And I just got talked into working 12 hours tomorrow... So I won't be on here pretty much all day, until 10:30

Dang it ;__;

That sucks hardcore, man! I'm currently working on 'Sleeping Dogs' review, though just the demo cos I'm lazy and poor! :D

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

Dang it ;__;

That sucks hardcore, man! I'm currently working on 'Sleeping Dogs' review, though just the demo cos I'm lazy and poor! :D

Where would we post those, I think I can whip something up for the site

PsychicTaco115:

Lucem712:

PsychicTaco115:

Dang it ;__;

Where would we post those, I think I can whip something up for the site

I'm thinking the supremely infected forum

WarCry Discussion

For discussions on games, gaming, and WarCry articles.

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or