Topic Index
We all lift The Banhammer.

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

So, i'm officially a Warcry Moderator now. PRAISE ME! I currently get a 403 error when I try to view my Mod Queue, but I think that might be because it's empty.

This restoration project is a team effort, so I want you to look for any Spambots and report them.

Many people, myself included, think there should be more Mods here, so feel free to nominate someone either here or in the Warcry Restoration Effort group.

I honestly think you can just nuke Warcry Discussion and all the MMO subforums from orbit. Just start indiscriminately firing at everything that posts. :P

BreakfastMan:
I honestly think you can just nuke Warcry Discussion and all the MMO subforums from orbit. Just start indiscriminately firing at everything that posts. :P

Yeah, i'm currently just Perma-banning any and all Spambots I see.

That must be fun banning all those accounts without angering any nice people...

I nominate myself.

Secret world leader (shhh):
Many people, myself included, think there should be more Mods here, so feel free to nominate someone either here or in the Warcry Restoration Effort group.

Hey, that group is invite only. Can I get an invite, or maybe make the group open to everyone?

As an aside point, is there any tech staff on duty here? I'm seeing some visual bugs on the page layout, which come from bringing over the Escapist scheme without the corresponding HTML/CSS/JS here.

DoPo:

Hey, that group is invite only. Can I get an invite, or maybe make the group open to everyone?

As an aside point, is there any tech staff on duty here? I'm seeing some visual bugs on the page layout, which come from bringing over the Escapist scheme without the corresponding HTML/CSS/JS here.

Send a PM to CommanderL, the group's leader. I think only he can invite people at the moment. I can't see any way for me to do it and i'm an admin.

DoPo:

I'm sending you an invitation :D

I received it, accepted but for some reason, I can't write in the chat... I'm assuming I must wait a bit, but just notifying if someone needs to approve me or something.

As a side note - I get a PM over at the Escapist when I'm quoted here. That's cool, at least I don't have to switch tabs all the time to check the PMs.

DoPo:
I received it, accepted but for some reason, I can't write in the chat... I'm assuming I must wait a bit, but just notifying if someone needs to approve me or something.

As a side note - I get a PM over at the Escapist when I'm quoted here. That's cool, at least I don't have to switch tabs all the time to check the PMs.

I think everything beside the actual forums are mirrors, or synced. (User profiles, user inbox, user groups, all the jazz)

BreakfastMan:

If this is the case then you could ask the Tech Team if they could literally nuke the forums to start from scratch. I'm not sure if this is entirely possible.

Wow, it feels strange to be here and not have my mod powers!

Also if you would like any help co-ordinationing with staff or anything, feel free to give me a PM. Also could I get an invite to the group? I'd like to see how this goes.

TimeLord:
Also if you would like any help co-ordinationing with staff or anything, feel free to give me a PM. Also could I get an invite to the group? I'd like to see how this goes.

I'll go ahead and send you an invite :D

TimeLord:

BreakfastMan:

If this is the case then you could ask the Tech Team if they could literally nuke the forums to start from scratch. I'm not sure if this is entirely possible.

Well if most of the spam bots are still currently active would it really help much since they'll still have their accounts and all?

Mortai Gravesend:

TimeLord:

Well if most of the spam bots are still currently active would it really help much since they'll still have their accounts and all?

It wouldn't stop their accounts no. But if with the ability to start from scratch with new spam threads you could kill off the ones that are still active rather than spending unnecessary time banning spambots that gave up 3 years ago.

TimeLord:

BreakfastMan:

I want to preserve the history of this place, I love it like it is. Realistically, the forums probably won't be full of life anytime soon (if ever). At best we'll have maybe a hundred people posting. Also, Warcry is miniscule, even if it were possible to nuke that whole subforum, it'd probably more trouble than it's worth.If we get the forum alive again, the spam will sink down and down until it's eventually auto-deleted (I think that's what happens when a thread goes to the very bottom of the forum.)

As for the weirdness, I know right? It's weird for me going on the Escapist and having no spambots to slay or any powers! :D

Mortai Gravesend:

lol, way to breach your suspension. Anyway, yeah, I think starting the forums from scratch would help - easier to spot and stop spambots and easier to manage. Also, it removes all the old junk around here.

Mortai Gravesend:

TimeLord:

As I said to Timelord, legitimate forum activity will push the spam away. From there I (and any other Mods who join me) can easily take care of any spambots.

As I said to Timelord, legitimate forum activity will push the spam away. From there I (and any other Mods who join me) can easily take care of any spambots.

Hmm, thinking about joining the mod team here. My only concern is that I won't have as much free time after the beginning of October (Uni year starts) but if that doesn't worry you, I'll be glad to help out.

And another thing - how should we call you that's shorted than Secret world leader (shhh)? SWL is kind of meh.

DoPo:

Hmm, thinking about joining the mod team here. My only concern is that I won't have as much free time after the beginning of October (Uni year starts) but if that doesn't worry you, I'll be glad to help out.

And another thing - how should we call you that's shorted than Secret world leader (shhh)? SWL is kind of meh.

Whether that would be a problem or not largely depends on how busy the place is by October. But for now, I'd be more than happy to have you helping out here ^_^

I think myself, you, and Lucem712 would be enough people to keep the place clean in its current state.

EDIT: As for the name, occasionally people call me Secret, slightly more than occasionally they just call me Leader. I don't really mind.

I think myself, you, and Lucem712 would be enough people to keep the place clean in its current state.

Current state? As in crawling with spambots and otherwise desolate? Lol, joking of course. I'll be glad to help :)

DoPo:

Current state? As in crawling with spambots and otherwise desolate? Lol, joking of course. I'll be glad to help :)

As in, with not a lot of active users :D

DoPo:

Yes, master! With the banhammer, nothing can stop us see your wish fulfilled. :P

DoPo:

DoPo:

Yes, master! With the banhammer, nothing can stop us see your wish fulfilled. :P

Just PM Nasrin then :)

Lucem712:

TimeLord:

can I get an invite? Also I think Daystar would be a good mod, a not so evil Kross if you will.

Evil Smurf:

Lucem712:

TimeLord:

can I get an invite? Also I think Daystar would be a good mod, a not so evil Kross if you will.

I sent you an invite :D

If there are any mod spots open I'll take one.

I'm responsible and all that jazz.

DoPo:

Just PM Nasrin then :)

She said there were enough mods for the moment. Oh well, I'll provide non-banhammery support in that case.

are they nominating mods?

I'd be a great mod! I'm fair and all that..and ok I have a shady history but perhaps warcry is a place for a new start!

I just want the power

Vault101:
are they nominating mods?

I'd be a great mod! I'm fair and all that..and ok I have a shady history but perhaps warcry is a place for a new start!

I just want the power

Totally! By the power invested in me, I dub you 'Vault, The Chosen Mod'. I mean, here's your badge and everythin'!
No one tell her that she doesn't have any power! SHHHHH.

Lucem712:

Totally! By the power invested in me, I dub you 'Vault, The Chosen Mod'. I mean, here's your badge and everythin'!

YAY!!

do I get a batcave?

I feel like we're on Oprah

"You're a mod! You're a mod!

You get to be an admin! No, they're not the same, but who cares!?"

Vault101:

Lucem712:

YAY!!

do I get a batcave?

Yes, of course!

PsychicTaco115:

Vault gets a Batcave, you get a batcave! EVERYONE GETS A BATCAVE!
'scept, you know, with batcaves!

Lucem712:

Vault101:

Lucem712:

YAY!!

do I get a batcave?

Yes, of course!

PsychicTaco115:

Bees

My god

OT: So yeah, mods are locked in

Hooray? Probably, yeah!

PsychicTaco115:

Bees

My god

OT: So yeah, mods are locked in

Hooray? Probably, yeah!

Unless we get insanely more popular, I think those shall do. :D (No one is being a dick, yet.)

Lucem712:

Vault101:

Lucem712:

YAY!!

do I get a batcave?

Yes, of course!

PsychicTaco115:

best gif ever btw

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook