Topic Index
Why do you like Warcry?

Username:Password:
Log In

Post your reasons for staying and loving the forum~

I can post while suspended, that's a big plus.

And signatures. Signatures are good. Some of them.

Becuase All you guys are nice and my voice can be heard with out it being drowned out plus the escapist is kinda depressing at the moment you darn show offs with your signatures

CommanderL:
Becuase All you guys are nice and my voice can be heard with out it being drowned out plus the escapist is kinda depressing at the moment you darn show offs with your signatures

CommanderL why don't you click here to make a signature? I like this place, because I know everyone.

I like having a place to use to escape from the crap of teh regular escapist. Like my own private hideaway...

I don't really know. I guess I feel attached since it's related to MMOs (which is one of my favorite genres).

Also it's more laid back than the Escapist. Hell, I could end all of my posts with racial slurs and no one would probably ever care.

I like it because it's another place to post with people I know

And that's always fun!

PsychicTaco115:
I like it because it's another place to post with people I know

And that's always fun!

Hiya friend!

Well, I like The Escapist... and this place is in a lot of ways a part of that sites history... so yeah...<.<

Back when I joined, and up until about '06 or '07 (I think) when everything was merged into the single site like it is now, the WarCry network was a beautiful thing. Every single game had it's own sub-site, replete with it's own admin/mod staff, news/content writers and the Lineage II (L2) WarCry site was massive. We benefited from the fact that NCSoft's official L2 forums were garbage and became one of the top 3 fan sites for the game, filled with in-depth ramblings on mechanics, buying/selling and all the fun shit that you want from a fan site. But the L2 Off-Topic forum was my favorite, filled with a totally random assortment of some of the coolest people I have ever known.

Most of what went on in L2 WarCry disappeared when every game was reduced to a single sub-forum on the network, and all the off-topics were merged. I can only get to the really old posts from then by going back through the 247 pages in the post list in my profile. Frankly I was quite disappointed when the whole Escapist/WarCry fiasco, which was handled poorly imo and caused it to be blown way out of proportion, caused just about everyone I had spent the past 6 years chatting with on a daily basis to just up and abandon a place that we all had so much fun coming to. I was even more bummed that I had no contact info for just about any of them. When the dust settled, all the people I considered good friends were gone.

With the standard set by Blizzard with World of Warcraft, having a strong well-maintained official forum, MMO fan sites are few and far between, and I've been hard-pressed to find a place that I enjoy signing onto so much that I can't wait to get home and would check the forums every day in my Computer Accounting class and all my free periods were spent in the library computer labs. I even miss the ugly blue theme L2 WarCry used to have.

So yea, I loved this site. It was my home on the internet. But then there was an electrical fire and now it's just a pile of burnt wood.

Chi:

Most of what went on in L2 WarCry disappeared when every game was reduced to a single sub-forum on the network, and all the off-topics were merged. I can only get to the really old posts from then by going back through the 247 pages in the post list in my profile.

Oooh ouch. Now I can see why people would be pretty upset about some of the changes. That's quite a big deal if a particular game like L2 had a big fanbase here who were using their forums regularly and then got reduced to one plus a shared off topic.

Sacman:
Well, I like The Escapist... and this place is in a lot of ways a part of that sites history... so yeah...<.<

So you like sifting through the olden days of WarCry playing the ole' Archaeologist/Historian? Your like our internet Indiana Jones.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here