Topic Index
Look upon our works, ye mighty, and despair.

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

My name is Secret World Leader, I am a user of the Escapist forums and moderator of the Warcry Network during the attempted revival of this site's off-topic forum. Come, wanderers, let me tell you our tale.

In the year 2012, members of the Escapist forums rediscovered the Warcry Network, an long-dormant MMO fansite that served as a precursor to the Escapist. We were fascinated and excited by the site and its ancient, terrible history.

In the chatroom for the Escapist usergroup "The Injustice League", another Escapist user by the name of Lucem712 officially began "Operation: Revive Warcry", an attempt to restore Warcry's off-topic forum to at least some consistent level of activity. Myself, Escapegoat and Timelord were appointed moderators of this place to fight off the spambot scourge that had been festering here for years.

Usergroups were founded specifically to co-ordinate the operation, including efforts to create videos and articles to keep the forums going, a good time was had by all. Weeks passed, one thing led to another, and the enthusiasm and camraderie gave way. Activity on the forums died down, and these halls fell silent once more.

Look around you, and you may discover the stories of those who came before even us. This is the end of our story, but I write this in the faith that it is not the end of Warcry's.

And holy fucking shit guys, what did I say?

None of you gave a damn, and I was still right.

You could have saved us all a month of time and just fucked off when I had said. But no, you just had to prance about with your stupid little bullshit anyways.

Was kind of interesting while it lasted. Too bad all of us couldn't keep it going. :P

And another group of settlers have been defeated by the untamable Warcry.

Meh, the Escapist is better.

Portal Maniac:
And holy fucking shit guys, what did I say?

None of you gave a damn, and I was still right.

You could have saved us all a month of time and just fucked off when I had said. But no, you just had to prance about with your stupid little bullshit anyways.

Hey, no need to be a dick, man. It isn't like the attempt to revive warcry harmed you or anything.

SirBryghtside:
snip

Portal Maniac:
snip

Don't worry about the spambots, i'll still be looking out for them, the Spamblivion gates shall never be opened again.

I am still here!

well, that's a downer. I still check in on occasion. Heck, I post more on here than I do on the Escapist!

Well I just checked to see if people were being more active again and here I see you are!

I did stop looking as much when my suspension went up, but I'd still post if there was much to post about.

Hey, I'll still be doing the Game Release Date Calendar, I'm just waiting for the right time to update it.

I'm also still featuring stuff that's on here, but actually creating them is everyone else's job.

oppp7:

I like the signatures, but honestly there's nothing to do here we can't just go and do over there that will get more attention.

If anything I'd use WarCry as a glorified user group.

Aerosteam 1908:
Hey, I'll still be doing the Game Release Date Calendar, I'm just waiting for the right time to update it.

I'm also still featuring stuff that's on here, but actually creating them is everyone else's job.

Game Release Date Calendar, eh? That actually sounds incredibly useful since I'm lazy as hell about checking out what's coming out.

Mortai Gravesend:

Aerosteam 1908:

Game Release Date Calendar, eh? That actually sounds incredibly useful since I'm lazy as hell about checking out what's coming out.

What, you didn't notice the stickied thread?

And strangely WarCry's non-updated calendar has 4 times the amount of views as the highly up-to-date one the Escapist has...

Aerosteam 1908:

Mortai Gravesend:

Aerosteam 1908:

What, you didn't notice the stickied thread?

And strangely WarCry's non-updated calendar has 4 times the amount of views as the highly up-to-date one the Escapist has...

Ah see, I usually didn't go into that forum much and when I did it was by clicking on the latest post thing.

Mortai Gravesend:

oppp7:

I like the signatures, but honestly there's nothing to do here we can't just go and do over there that will get more attention.

If anything I'd use WarCry as a glorified user group.

Pretty much how I've felt for a while, although I was kinda hoping it would become like the Escapist in moderation and familiarity but with the laid back posting style of 4chan. Unfortunately it's become obvious that that won't happen. I mostly just use this place as a surrogate social media outlet-thing anymore (posting about one's day is strangely therapeutic).

Secret world leader (shhh):

Don't worry about the spambots, i'll still be looking out for them, the Spamblivion gates shall never be opened again.

You and me both. Checking this site is still a daily thing for me; I just don't post.

oppp7:

Pretty much how I've felt for a while, although I was kinda hoping it would become like the Escapist in moderation and familiarity but with the laid back posting style of 4chan. Unfortunately it's become obvious that that won't happen. I mostly just use this place as a surrogate social media outlet-thing anymore (posting about one's day is strangely therapeutic).

To be fair, if this place were anything like The Escapist in terms of moderation, there'd be a lot more probations for low-content posts and general foul-mouthery, and I don't think anyone would appreciate that in a group of users this small.

EscapeGoat:

Secret world leader (shhh):

You and me both. Checking this site is still a daily thing for me; I just don't post.

oppp7:

To be fair, if this place were anything like The Escapist in terms of moderation, there'd be a lot more probations for low-content posts and general foul-mouthery, and I don't think anyone would appreciate that in a group of users this small.

Well, moderation for general dickery. Low content posts should be largely exempt.

What on earth is this place? And how did I end up here?

Jack Rascal:

Welcome to our cozy little wasteland! If you look to your left, you will see the 200 acre spambot graveyard, and if you look to your right, you'll see Spambot Ocean, those who have ventured there have never returned sane.

Legends tell that this was once a Utopian society until the great divide. The rulers of this once prosperous kingdom introduced a second nation here. The newcomers from this kingdom were encouraged to visit here. The sudden influx of tourists were despised by the native inhabitants which in turn drove them away.

Some assimilated with the new kingdom, most left; never to be heard from again.

You are currently in the barely habitable bowels of The Escapist, please enjoy your stay!

[ps: I may have gotten some of that wrong.]

Jack Rascal:

Stalking someone's posts maybe!?

Mortai Gravesend:

Jack Rascal:

That's exactly how I found this site months ago.

Aerosteam 1908:

Mortai Gravesend:

Jack Rascal:

That's exactly how I found this site months ago.

I found this a long time back by googling someone's username. Then noticed it again more recently by looking at Mythrandia's posts before he got banned.

webepoop:

Jack Rascal:

Welcome to our cozy little wasteland! If you look to your left, you will see the 200 acre spambot graveyard, and if you look to your right, you'll see Spambot Ocean, those who have ventured there have never returned sane.

Legends tell that this was once a Utopian society until the great divide. The rulers of this once prosperous kingdom introduced a second nation here. The newcomers from this kingdom were encouraged to visit here. The sudden influx of tourists were despised by the native inhabitants which in turn drove them away.

Some assimilated with the new kingdom, most left; never to be heard from again.

You are currently in the barely habitable bowels of The Escapist, please enjoy your stay!

[ps: I may have gotten some of that wrong.]

This is like falling a sleep on a bus. You just suddenly realize you're in a place you do not recognize, it's dark outside and the smelly man across from you has a weird look on his face.

Well, I'll keep my hands and feet inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride :)

Mortai Gravesend:

Jack Rascal:

Mythrandia. Yes. I think I was following a trail of insanity and then ended up here :)

Jack Rascal:

Mortai Gravesend:

Jack Rascal:

Mythrandia. Yes. I think I was following a trail of insanity and then ended up here :)

I wonder how many people found this place that way. Mythrandia's antics did seem to get a fair bit of attention.

Mortai Gravesend:

Jack Rascal:

Mortai Gravesend:

I wonder how many people found this place that way. Mythrandia's antics did seem to get a fair bit of attention.

I'm sure he led quite a few people over here. His posts were so strange but entertaining at the same time, that it's almost a shame he was banned.

Wow, I just missed this whole operation by a couple of weeks before my return from the U.S. Shame it came to nothing, I guess Waycry is destined to remain desolate until Themis media eventually decide to pull the plug.

JoJo:
Wow, I just missed this whole operation by a couple of weeks before my return from the U.S. Shame it came to nothing, I guess Waycry is destined to remain desolate until Themis media eventually decide to pull the plug.

Well, this place isn't dead yet.

anything new happening?

Not as far as I know.

Evil Smurf:
anything new happening?

Not sure if it's anything worthy of a mention, but certain threads here are getting a ton of views, they include PsychicTaco115's riff series, and strangely the actual videos are only on double digits.

oppp7:

JoJo:

From my perspective it looks pretty dead.

Kaleion:

oppp7:

JoJo:

Well from my perspective YOUR FACE!

oppp7:

Kaleion:

Well from my perspective YOUR FACE![/quote]
Oh NO!
Not my face!
But really I guess I'll just keep coming like I've done since I discovered this place and was dead-er than it is now, but there just isn't much discussion going on, but it's like a lurker's paradise.

BTW
Am I the only one that misses the spambots?
They were kinda funny and gave this place a neat ghost town feel.

Kaleion:

oppp7:

Kaleion:

Well from my perspective YOUR FACE!

Oh NO!
Not my face!
But really I guess I'll just keep coming like I've done since I discovered this place and was dead-er than it is now, but there just isn't much discussion going on, but it's like a lurker's paradise.

BTW
Am I the only one that misses the spambots?
They were kinda funny and gave this place a neat ghost town feel.[/quote]
Ya, I kinda know what you mean. Now it just seems TOO quiet.

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or