Topic Index
Manga/Anime Fans

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)

What series are you reading/watching now?

I'm back on track with Naruto and Bleach. I didn't watch but a handful of Naruto's fillers, I couldn't stand to watch the total bastardization of the characters... Bleach I did watch all the fillers, they were watered down but the artwork wasn't sacrificed nearly as much. I've also picked up on D-gray man, and I must say it is a very interesting series. Vampire Hunter-D meets Full Metal Alchemist, then gets friendly with Bleach.

not really doing much in the way of manga/anime atm.

picked up on Ultimate X-Men, however.

I am so very very out of touch with manga and anime atm. I really should get back into it. I'm very behind on Vampire Game.

I pretty much just watch Ninja Scroll when I want my anime lol. I used to bash all the cartoon anime's all the time but then my friend *made me watch the Trunks saga from Dragonball Z. It was actually pretty interesting. Despite that I've never really checked anything else out.

What would some of you guys recommend for me if I want to try and broaden my horizons? Keep in mind I generally do not like the typical "big head, huge eyes" art.

Oh geez... you really need to get out there if Ninja Scroll and DBZ is all you've been exposed to.

I suggest you start with Bleach, then Berserk. If you like those start into Naruto, but I warn you; you have A LOT of catching up to do if you wanna get to where the series is now. But trust me, you'll be addicted from the get go.

I suggest getting the stuff in Japanese with English subs. You may not like it from the beginning, but the japanese voices really do match up with the characters better and the stuff is free and legal to get that way online.

Narutofan is a great place to get a lot of series if you sign up for one of their PLUS! accounts, but just to some searches via bittorrent online and you can find a lot of the other stuff. I think http://www.btjunkie.com has some stuff on it, though you can get the naruto stuff from narutofan for free and ditto with bleach.

Check Dattebayo's site as well.

for more series, www.national-anime.com 5 bucks a month for 9 HDs full. besides that, I finally finished watching Blood+ . Ive watched Hellsing yet again, and started on the newest Ah! My Goddess. besides that, Death Note, El Hazard which is fairly old now, and im waiting for Tsubasa Chronicles and Air Gear to start up again

I watched the new Ah! My Goddess, as well as the old 5-episode one, and while the new one was good, I enjoyed the old one more.

Have you guys seen the Hunter X Hunter series? If not I suggest it, oldie but a goodie

Hunter X Hunter is indeed good. And Chi, you only saw the OVA to the first Ah! My Goddess. The actual first series is 26 episodes.

I love and watch when i cath it(here in argentine they are passing it ) Rurouni Kenshin

I've been in somewhat of an anime slump for a while. I finally finished Gundam SEED (after taking a few-year break in the middle of the series) not to long ago... And I am watching Bleach as it comes it, but except for Eureka Seven, I haven't watched much of anything since this last summer. Although I'm hoping to change that soon.

But, hey, if nothing else I just found out I'll be staying in Japan for ten months come the end of August. :-)

All the inexpensive anime/manga you can shake a stick at.

Bastard... err... Baka!

only anime i've watched lately is death note. and it is awesome.

=D at first, I didnt wanna watch it because it just sounded stupid. after giving it a shot, i loved it. just finished watching episode 19 for that matter

Serial Experiments Lain, once you get over the fact that it's odd, and understand the weirdness is it's charm, you've got an interesting series to read/watch.

Also enjoyed Read or Die for much the same reason.

Can't forget to mention Cowboy Bebop and it's cousin Samurai Champloo, completely unrelated series but both enjoyable. They've gotten a lot of recognition in North America recently so you've probably already seen or heard of these two before though.

Someone else already mentioned it, but Fullmetal Alchemist is a good watch. Just don't watch it marathon style, it's a depressing series, you'd walk away needing prozac. :P

It's early, that's all I've got atm.

The Inari:
Serial Experiments Lain, once you get over the fact that it's odd, and understand the weirdness is it's charm, you've got an interesting series to read/watch.

Loved it, great series.

The Inari:
Someone else already mentioned it, but Fullmetal Alchemist is a good watch. Just don't watch it marathon style, it's a depressing series, you'd walk away needing prozac. :P

The Inari speaks the truth. I watched all 52(?) episodes over 3 days.

The most I've done in the anime department is give my brother crap for not seeing Akira or Ghost in the Shell.

If you want a real "marathon" viewing get all of the Hunter X Hunter and watch it strait through...

UGH!

Would be a real marathon if you watching naruto or bleach straight through, includinig fillers. or if you are crazy like me, GITS: Stand Alone Complex season 1 and 2, Hellsing, and GTO.

as for Serial Experiments Lain, I had to watch that series twice before I was able to figure out what was going on, then again, I was still fairly young when it was released.

Yeah, I would recommend everyone watch Serial Experiments Lain at least twice. Personally I watched it about three or four times and everytime caught something that made everything make more sense.

Like FLCL? I've watched it a dozen times and I'm still not sure I've grasped it 100%. Though I think that's kinda the point.

excel saga imo

Excel Saga is probebly the goofiest anime out there. FLCL is plenty funny, but the story makes little to no sense, which is probebly why its one of "the" greatest anime out there. on a side note, theres a series i watched about 2-3 years ago. something about a bead that houses an strong warrior spirit inside of them, as well as there being 5 schools competing over land using said beads. I dont remember the word they used anymore either.... any help appriciated.

RisenZealot:
I pretty much just watch Ninja Scroll when I want my anime lol. I used to bash all the cartoon anime's all the time but then my friend *made me watch the Trunks saga from Dragonball Z. It was actually pretty interesting. Despite that I've never really checked anything else out.

What would some of you guys recommend for me if I want to try and broaden my horizons? Keep in mind I generally do not like the typical "big head, huge eyes" art.

I reccomend you check out Cowboy Bebop, brilliant anime.

. now on the topic, i've myself been a little bit out of anime the past year been spending alot of time watching asian shows, Densha Otoko a few times, Gokusen, Akihabara @DEEP, my boss my hero and alot of other stuff, but this threat is about anime so.
I recently watched Now and then, here and there and i must say it's a great serie also watched a little bit of d-gray man, which is nice, I used to watch bleach, but it got boring, i've never been a fan of naruto, i prefer One Piece over those though i've been slopping about and am like 40 shows behind or something. now i'm starting to babble around like i usually do which is fine tbh but yeah, to RisenZealot, check Cowboy Bebop one of the best anime ever made imo

question for the greever, how many eps of d gray-man are there? I can only find 21 that are subbed. according to anime news network, there are 52 out. just curious

buttobi cpu >.>

friend hands me a VHS tape and says "here, watch this. its hilarious"

so, being the person that i am, i sit and watch this with my fiance.

we both laughed our asses off....nsfw, though. or for parents. or for people with small children or for people that may or may not become pregnant.

For myself the current series I'm watching:
- Bleach
- Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles(Shippuuden)

Past Series watached and recommended:
- Naruto(up to the damn fillers :/)
- Blood+
- Ergo Proxy (it's a bit odd at times... but good)
- Cowboy BeBop (awesome... a must watch)
- Samurai Champloo (awesome... a must watch)
- Hellsing
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Full Metal Panic
- Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
- Berserk (although didn't enjoy the ending...I just got pissed off lol)
- Trinity Blood(if u can find a good copy of it :/)

Series wathced and enjoyed:
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny
- Zoids: Genesis
- Grenadier
probably more but this is what I could think of offf the top of my head :/)

Non-"anime" series I'm watching:

Series I WANT to watch... but am too lazy to DL lol:
- Hunter X Hunter
- Ah! My Goddess
- Fate/Stay Night
- Death Note
- D. Gray-man
- Trigun
- there are others but can't think of them at the moment.... oh well if you're looking for anime to watch... that list should last you a while lol

i wouldnt recommend fate/stay night. its not too good, very slow, very repetative, and the ending is a huge let down

another series i would like to recommend. Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel). Very good series leaving you wanting more, unfortunately, doesnt look like there will be a continuation

I am a huge Fan of Cowboy Beebop, Dont get put off by the strange title like i did. I ignored this one for a long time then finally watched an episode. Boy was i pleasantly surprised how much i liked the series and the Movie.

Ghost in the Shell. Great films and awesome series, I cant get enough. Very good Action SCi-Fi. They cant make enough of these IMHO.

Theres Tenjho Tenge, and the OAV (last 2 episodes, 25 and 26) but I cant seem to find "Tenjou Tenge: The Past Chapter". Anyone have any idea as to if its ever been subbed? The official website for Tenjho Tenge by Avex says it was released in '05. Im desperate for the final showdown between Mitsuomi and Nagi.

i hate it when an anime's voice is turned into english.the feelings from the original anime is taken away.but not all dubbed anime is bad..i like ranma and samurai x when it was dubbed but still..the original voice is still the best.just learn how to read and watch at the same time.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....

NaotaFLCL:
another series i would like to recommend. Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel). Very good series leaving you wanting more, unfortunately, doesnt look like there will be a continuation

Burst Angel was awesome. Other series I liked were Noir, GTO, Read or Die, Van Dread, Planetes, Last Exile, Samuria Champloo, plus a lot of others!

As for the dubs vs non-dubs, I prefer to watch the English dubs with the subtitles. (Weird, eh?) :)

Watched
1)Naruto
2)Bleach
3)Berserk
4)Witch Hunter Robin
5)Samurai X
6)Samurai 7
7)Fruits Basket
8)Cowboy Bebop
9)Trigun
10)Macross
11)Street Fighter
12)D.N.Angel
13)FMA
14)Golden Boy
15)Hellsing
16)Ichigo 100%
17)Love Hina
18)Onegai Teacher
19)Wolf's Rain
20)Samurai 7
21)samurai X

Watching
1)Naruto
2)Bleach
3)Death Note

Narutofan-> Claymore Nuff Said.

Anyone know where to get ahold of the new Ultimate Hellsing OVA's?

I just started watching Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto isn't 1/2 bad.

(Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here