Topic Index
Manga/Anime Fans

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1 . . . 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 NEXT)

Code Geass(both seasons) is easily one of the best animes i've seen. really.

Yes, Code Geass is super, but that's Mecha so not for you, Gman.

Have you watched Casshern Sins, Greever? It's not complete (ep 17 now I think), but it's quite good.

Code Geass was fun. I couldnt get hooked on Casshern Sins. Does it become more active later on? I watched the first episode and it was just sooooo slow. "kill casshern, devour casshern"

Ditto, I watched a few episodes of Casshern Sins and just quit. Unless it is something like Ergo Proxy, Robo/Mech anime just don't entertain me much.

i'm still watching it and it's still pretty much: "kill casshern, devour casshern"

but when i start something i like to finish it :)

Ok, so this isn't necessarily anime related... But it looks like something you might find in one! And I want one.(watch the video)

trippy

Greever:
Ok, so this isn't necessarily anime related... But it looks like something you might find in one! And I want one.(watch the video)

That is awesome.

New series that looks rather promising. To Aru Majutsu no Index.

Im not much for the mech/racing genre, but RideBack seems to be promising.

Have you seen any of Shikibane Hime? I watched the first episode on Hulu and it looks halfway decent, though nothing too horribly original.

Shikabane hime was decent. There be a second season out already too. First was Shikabane Hime:Aka, now Shikabane Hime:Kuro.

Re-watching Ouran High School Host Club and FLCL. Both are random but good.

Hellsing is an awesome series and I'm hooked on that right now

NaotaFLCL:
I couldnt get hooked on Casshern Sins. Does it become more active later on? I watched the first episode and it was just sooooo slow. "kill casshern, devour casshern"

Well, you're not gonna get any heart-pounding, adrenaline filled battle scenes (although some come close), however that is not what this anime is about. I'm loving Casshern because it is just so unique and original. It does something that so very few animes do. They've created a breathing world, with unique living characters, and are telling us a story about it. That is a lot more interesting that watching something that uses a plot and character make-up that has been used and reused for years.
And the artwork is top-notch.

FallenBlade20:

Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate OVA's?

NaotaFLCL:
Shikabane hime was decent. There be a second season out already too. First was Shikabane Hime:Aka, now Shikabane Hime:Kuro.

IC, IC... I watched 2 episodes and have already lost interest unfortunately. I am having a hard time finding a series that holds my attention anymore. Bounen No Xamdou was the last one I actually looked forward to downloading and watching every week or two.

Greever:

FallenBlade20:

Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate OVA's?

NaotaFLCL:

IC, IC... I watched 2 episodes and have already lost interest unfortunately. I am having a hard time finding a series that holds my attention anymore. Bounen No Xamdou was the last one I actually looked forward to downloading and watching every week or two.

Ultimate OVAs and the Manga

From what I understand the Ultimate series follows the Manga a lot closer than the original anime. If you like Hellsing you should also look into Black Blood Brothers, Trinity Blood, and Blood+; they are all fairly good "vampire" based manga/anime series.

Bounen no Xamdou was great IMO. I just started watching To Aru Majutsu No Index, and its well done IMO

Yeah, Bounen no Xamdou is absolutely the most original series I have seen in a LOOOOOOOONG time. The writers and animators really outdid themselves. To Aru Majutsu no Index hasn't "wowed" me yet, but it is still pretty good considering the genre it is in. Kinda has a FMA meets Witchhunter Robin feel, but animated in a similar style to Bleach.

On another note I started to watch Gilgamesh again and quickly remembered why I have never finished that series; let alone got past episode 5. THE ANIMATION AND ARTWORK IS A DISGRACE! Sad too, it seems to be a somewhat interesting story, though close to that of X.

--EDIT--

Just an addition, they made an anime for Moon... Penguin no Mondai.

Also, I am checking into a series I stumbled upon in National Anime's vault of series; Koukaku no Regios. From the synopsis looks to be an Alchemist anime, hopefully not a full fledged FMA rip-off.

Busou Renkin was a semi-original anime pertaining to the alchemy genre.

Koukaku no Regios is so spacey I can't stand to watch anymore. I will look into Busou Renkin, I'm not sure that I've seen any of it.

Hm, I remember this from a long time ago,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIOxsYDHWGc&mode=related&search=
Grenadier - Hohoemi no Senshi
but I never did watch it. Anyone has?

No, but I will now be downloading it and proceeding to review. THANK YOU. I have been looking for something different that is worth watching, at least the boobies in the clip you provided looks more than worthwhile. I'll post again after i've caught a few episodes.

Eh, someone suggest something funny? Not FLCL-type funny, though. Real funny >.>

Greever:
at least the boobies in the clip you provided looks more than worthwhile

fixt

guitar:
Eh, someone suggest something funny? Not FLCL-type funny, though. Real funny >.>

I'm not sure I can recollect any "really funny" anime that I've watched lately. Soul Eater has some amusing stuff in it, but I haven't even kept tabs on it much lately. There was one about a chick who was an angel sent to earth to kill a guy, but she becomes attached and ends up bringing him back to life each times she kills him. Can not for the life of me remember the title, but it should be amusing if you can find it. :-D

Ah, I remember someone telling me about it, but I also remember that someone telling me that the manner in which she keeps killing him is a bit brutal, and fully portrayed. That turned me down.

Yeah I have read the same, which is actually the only thing that kind of interested me about it strangely enough... lol

--EDIT--

Grenadier seems like a really crappy watered down version of Trigun. It is so dumb even the bobbling bewbies and suggestive nudity aren't worth it.

if your looking for funny, try Seto no hanayome and Maria+Holic if you can find it

also Gintama is a favorite of mine :D

are you thinking of bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan?

NaotaFLCL:
are you thinking of bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan?

Yep!

heh, that anime is great, then again, so is Oruchuban Ebichu, but that isnt suitable for the younglings, even though they dont actually show any bits during the happy scenes.

Anything that can top Code Geass?

There's a new anime out called Viper's Creed, watched the first episode and i think it's worth watching. (mecha,sorry Greev)

(Pages: PREV 1 . . . 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here