Topic Index
Manga/Anime Fans

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)

I recently downloaded The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet though, looks pretty good.

Chi:
I recently downloaded The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet though, looks pretty good.

A buddy of mine told me that it is really good. I'll try and catch it when I got the time.

Skullbreaker:
The only anime I ever liked was Cowboy Bebop, the ending of that series was great. FMA is ok but way too much of it annoys me to really watch. And if you tell me "watch it in Japanese" I will probably hunt you down and punch you in the ovaries.

watch it in french

guitar:

Skullbreaker:
The only anime I ever liked was Cowboy Bebop, the ending of that series was great. FMA is ok but way too much of it annoys me to really watch. And if you tell me "watch it in Japanese" I will probably hunt you down and punch you in the ovaries.

watch it in french

lol. FMA is a great series, but if you watch it all in one sitting, its extremely depressing. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is a decent series, just extremely creepy. Watch it if you care to find out

If you watch an entire series in one sitting I would be depressed for you.

Skullbreaker:

Hey. No hating on the anime marathons. Some series are only 13 episodes or so.

That's still 6.5 hours+ sitting at the TV...

I also watch Bleach and Naruto although recently I have been reading the Manga instead.

Skullbreaker:

Skullbreaker:

what else am i supposed to do at work?

Play DragonFable.

or listen to DragonForce

cheese, i expect you to have a few of their songs when the new L2R launches!

DragonForce - yech. They sound like 80's rejects, seriously.

Niceven:
DragonForce - yech. They sound like 80's rejects, seriously.

Saw 'em in concert last summer. They were actually a lot better than I expected. It is a terrible name though.

No way, the name is freaking awesome. It's why I was even interested in the first place but listening to them made me think 80's rejects who were Iron Maiden/Anthrax wannabe's.

Skullbreaker:

So, sitting 6.5 hours in front of the computer is better? :)

Anybody here read the manga or saw the anime Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann? I'm sure Chi has. Omg, great series, I love it. May be better than Naruto and Bleach imo >.>
Bleach is good but it's been slowing down a bit for me, I'm sure it'll pick up again real soon... and Naruto... it's been slowing down to the point where it's been going backwards if you know what I mean. I've seen so many different anime series, but Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann's one of my faves >.<
Heroic Age is good too. So many good animes out, like Busou Renkin. Omg, that was such a great series :D
Some parts were pretty disturbing though...
Damn, when it comes to Anime... whew, yep, love it. I've seen so many I don't know what else to watch anymore T-T

Lets see, some good ones I've recently seen Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, D. GrayMan, and Darker then Black. Course still watch Bleach, but Naruto lost me when they decided to go off on that 100+ ep filler, but still read the manga instead.

Atomics:
Lets see, some good ones I've recently seen Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, D. GrayMan, and Darker then Black. Course still watch Bleach, but Naruto lost me when they decided to go off on that 100+ ep filler, but still read the manga instead.

The Kenichi anime kinda pisses me off. It is so freaking stupid and basic that it is entertaining in a somewhat retardedly shameful way.

D-Grayman and Darker than Black are pretty good, though I've quit watching darker than black due to boredom with it. It seems like every episode was pretty much the same thing over and over from the get go. Very well animated though.

My favorite series right now is hands down Claymore. It reminds me so much of Berserk it's crazy. No dumbed down kiddie violence either. Not to mention the plot and writing is top notch.

silentwinter:
Anybody here read the manga or saw the anime Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann? I'm sure Chi has.

Hehe, nah I just think Yoko is wicked cute. I'm working on getting the anime, looks pretty good.

Chi:

silentwinter:
Anybody here read the manga or saw the anime Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann? I'm sure Chi has.

Hehe, nah I just think Yoko is wicked cute. I'm working on getting the anime, looks pretty good.

Bah, Yoko's nice at first but she becomes pretty b****y >.<
It's a really good anime imo. The animation is kinda wack and they go to the exagerated stuff... like to the point where nothing really makes sense, but I guess that's the good thing about the anime. Can't really explain it too well but it's really good in it's own way. I say it's a must. First episode might not be very good since it's pretty weak and not really into the story but after, ooooh, lovin' it. A lot of unexpected things happen >.>

silentwinter:

Chi:

silentwinter:

Bah, Yoko's nice at first but she becomes pretty b****y >.<
It's a really good anime imo. The animation is kinda wack and they go to the exagerated stuff... like to the point where nothing really makes sense, but I guess that's the good thing about the anime. Can't really explain it too well but it's really good in it's own way. I say it's a must. First episode might not be very good since it's pretty weak and not really into the story but after, ooooh, lovin' it. A lot of unexpected things happen >.>

Ok, I'll try a few episodes even though everything I have read about it (with the exception of here) makes it seem pretty stupid.

silentwinter:
Anybody here read the manga or saw the anime Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann?

it sounds familiar but i cant find it anywhere.

NaotaFLCL:

silentwinter:
Anybody here read the manga or saw the anime Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann?

it sounds familiar but i cant find it anywhere.

Narutofan has it. THOUGH I'M NOT PROMOTING THEIR SITE!

But they do have it. :-P

lol, is there an alternate name? because i use national-anime. THOUGH IM NOT PROMOTING THEM EITHER! heh

wankers -.-

-whoops >.<
It's a double!
(read one just below)

Let's see... I watch all my anime on Veoh.com
BUT I'M NOT PROMOTING THEM EITHER!
:p

or am I?

Ok, just got finished watching the first episode and I must say it was quite well done. Unfortunately I have to go to work now and will not be able to watch another episode for at least 13 hours.

Very well animated though, I'll definately agree there.

Good luck at work. I honestly love that show, Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann. First episode got me good, it was really interesting but the story was pretty weird, I didn't really get it at first, but after a few episodes, wow, I was so into it. The story only gets better, it's really an amazing piece.

i finally got around to watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and i must say, that is one funny anime. i recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

silentwinter:
Good luck at work. I honestly love that show, Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann. First episode got me good, it was really interesting but the story was pretty weird, I didn't really get it at first, but after a few episodes, wow, I was so into it. The story only gets better, it's really an amazing piece.

I've only seen two episodes but I must agree, and I HATE most mech. style anime. Gundam meets Viewtiful Joe with a great storyline.

Also, anyone else having problems with the subtitle tracks on this anime? I'm using VLC media player and when I enable the subtitle track it becomes waaaaay too big and overlaps itself in most screens. Anyone know how to fix?

i use media player classic, and the only times i have problems are when i open them on my laptop. its an old clunker so i can understand why.

k then, I'll try to download media player classic and give it a go.

Though I'm quite partial to VLC...

VLC is a great program, dont get me wrong, but when that doesnt work, I turn to MPC. on another note, has anyone seen Pale Cocoon, and if so, is it any good?

which grp subbed yours? i dled from subzero but it turned out to be a freaking spanish sub ><

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here