Topic Index
Manga/Anime Fans

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)

Watching Ah! Megami-sama lately.

OMG Hild, I wuv you!!! <3 <3 <3

ah, that was a great anime, guess i gotta watch taht again now. Just finished a Shuffle! marathon.

guitar:
which grp subbed yours? i dled from subzero but it turned out to be a freaking spanish sub ><

I think the same group. Oh, and I solved the problem. I downloaded Zoom player and it's codecs and it now opens up in my regular Windows Media Player (or so it seems at least) and plays perfectly.

And Naoto you need to get your hands on this one and Claymore if you haven't been watching it. Claymore reminds me so much of an updated animation style of Berserk it isn't funny. Not to mention the storyline and complete lack of censorship is totally kickass.

Claymore is a good anime, but no matter how I look at it, it's kinda depressing.

Niceven:

I've always been extremely partial to Belldandy.

Which one? The original 5-episode one? or the newer one? I fell in love with the original one, but the new ones didn't live up to the original imo. I haven't been able to find the old 5 episodes either. They tore my heart out like the end of Elfen Lied. Didn't realize that they have continued to new one though..Only watched the first season.

Claymore sounds cool. Violence is good fun and all, and if it's depressing that means I'll probably like it. I'm a sucker for heart wrenching stories.

Looks like I'm beginning to acquire a list of anime to get..I have a episode or two of Desert Punk I think, that worth getting the rest of?

first season is 26 eps, OVA is 5 eps, second season is 26 eps as well, plus the movie

Chi:

Niceven:

I've always been extremely partial to Belldandy.

Which one? The original 5-episode one? or the newer one? I fell in love with the original one, but the new ones didn't live up to the original imo. I haven't been able to find the old 5 episodes either. They tore my heart out like the end of Elfen Lied. Didn't realize that they have continued to new one though..Only watched the first season.

Claymore sounds cool. Violence is good fun and all, and if it's depressing that means I'll probably like it. I'm a sucker for heart wrenching stories.

Looks like I'm beginning to acquire a list of anime to get..I have a episode or two of Desert Punk I think, that worth getting the rest of?

Yeah, every character's storyline in Claymore is one of tragedy. Claymores are pretty much half/quarter demon knights that hunt down demons that have to eat/crave human organs to survive. They become half/quarter demon by consuming the flesh of a fallen demon pending they can survive the semi-tranmutation. Then, after they have done so they are pretty much a ticking time-bomb and will only be able to maintain their sanity/humanity for so long before they become a full-on demon and start craving human "guts". Lots of gore, lots of action, some semi-nudity, and tons of complex interwoven storylines that all converge.

You'd like. :-D

I own the 5 episode OAV series and the Motion Picture; Celestine rocks so hard.

I love the new series...Hild, marry me please!!! /fanboi

i just want all their magic powers =D

I think I could deal with having Celestine's powers - that'd be hella awesome.

Oh oh oh! Has anybody here seen Zero no Tsukaima? It's a pretty good anime, second season JUST came out after first season (13 episodes) from awhile back. Just curious to see if anybody else has seen it.

ill look into it. thanks for the heads up

Ok Naoto, you've convinced me to once again subscribe to National Anime. Though I'm not dropping my narutofan account either, it's too easy to DL stuff from it.

Do you use an FTP client for your downloads from national anime or do you do it through your browser? I remember I used to use an FTP client, but I've not tried the browser method.

So... on that note...

What is everyone watching now? Claymore is my #1 at the moment, sick of waiting for Bleach to pick up.

Any other fresh series that people are impressed with?

Greever:
Ok Naoto, you've convinced me to once again subscribe to National Anime. Though I'm not dropping my narutofan account either, it's too easy to DL stuff from it.

Do you use an FTP client for your downloads from national anime or do you do it through your browser? I remember I used to use an FTP client, but I've not tried the browser method.

So... on that note...

What is everyone watching now? Claymore is my #1 at the moment, sick of waiting for Bleach to pick up.

Any other fresh series that people are impressed with?

lol, nice time frame to start this thread again =P Yea, I use SmartFTP though you can use FileZilla for Firefox. You can use browser as well, but only 2 downloads at a time. I just set up a list of downloads in the queue, and if I ever disconnect from net for any reason it keeps retrying til it can get through. Downloads go at around 3-4 hours for me for a 26 episode series each ep at 250ish. but thats just me, there are people there doing a lot better. Still has its share of problems, but they tend to fix it quickly.

Check out the claymore sig and avatar I just did with CS3.

Even an image editing nub like myself can make nifty stuff.

pretty good greevy, would be better if it looked more like blood in BG though hehe

Yeah... like I said, I'm still a nub. It loses a little in the conversion from png to jpeg/gif. Lots of cool stuff you can do with it though, I'm pouring over tutorials and such.

Anime: Bleach, Naruto (Japanese Only)

Manga: www.onemanga.com and mankin-trad.net/main.php

- 666 Satan (Current)
- Gantz (Current)
- Air Gear (Ch 100)
- Bleach (Current)
- Naruto (Current)
- Shaman King (Current)
- Highschool of the Dead (Current)

Sooooooooo many great manga. I highly recommend any of these manga and they're all great to read. Shaman king Manga btw - fantastic. Anime == Terrible. I haven't watched the Air gear anime yet. I'll see what it's all about after I get caught up in the story.

EDIT: DX Don't tell me you're spending money on Narutofan! Please check out onemanga if you want to read manga for free. If you want anime check out Dailymotion.com. They usually have english subs by the weekend. Another huge manga site that I recommend is stoptazmo.com, they and onemanga will give the same manga that people pay for on Narutofan for free and you can always get anime downloads for free via dailymotion and other sites. Bleachexile I think has free downloads of both anime and manga for Bleach (and Claymore?)

EDIT: EDIT: And yes I am promoting good free sites that throw quality translations at you people for free DX

The only reason I pay for narutofan is the convenience. Though I may stop once I memorize where all my fav's are on nationalanime's servers.

greevy, www.wizage.net/NAftp/ for full lists. Just log in with national anime info and you can see what HD the anime is on, considering Kane likes to move things around alot. bleach and naruto used to be on HD3, now they have naruto on HD5. Gantz is a really screwy anime. Lotsa sex craving dead people, even a dog that likes the *woohoo* Too bad everyone the main char craves gets murdered hardcore. Even his teacher has the hots for him *uh oh* then again, they are *dead* played a twisted game, so anything goes i guess.

I never bothered with the Gantz anime. I watched a couple episodes and turned it off. It's so tame compared to the manga I couldn't watch it. While reading the manga it was crazy becuase every chapter (and story arc) I kept thinking it couldn't get any crazier, yet with each storyline update it indeed got much crazier. It's brutal and not for the faint of heart =p Though if you like gore and insane storylines that exponentially grow in their insanity you should definately read it.

I feel bad because most of the characters die like crazy. Luckily there is a way to bring them back but it still sucks to be them! Current Storyline: Zomg another gantz team for a different country? That do drugs and sex up monsters? WTF l33t h4xxzorz.

It's really bizzare =p

Cicadymn:
I never bothered with the Gantz anime. I watched a couple episodes and turned it off. It's so tame compared to the manga I couldn't watch it. While reading the manga it was crazy becuase every chapter (and story arc) I kept thinking it couldn't get any crazier, yet with each storyline update it indeed got much crazier. It's brutal and not for the faint of heart =p Though if you like gore and insane storylines that exponentially grow in their insanity you should definately read it.

I feel bad because most of the characters die like crazy. Luckily there is a way to bring them back but it still sucks to be them! Current Storyline: Zomg another gantz team for a different country? That do drugs and sex up monsters? WTF l33t h4xxzorz.

It's really bizzare =p

Yeah, but that's why I dug the anime. Sex, Violence, and no real rhyme or reason for it. Kinda nifty concept.

If you thought the anime had sex and violence in it Then you need to smack yourself around and try reading the manga! It's so insane and so chock full of graphic violence and a couple sex scenes you wouldn't believe it =p

I just finished watching Rurouni Kenshin. It was pretty good until the last story arc (which was all filler). Went from a solid A-/B+ to a C.

jeffprime:
I just finished watching Rurouni Kenshin. It was pretty good until the last story arc (which was all filler). Went from a solid A-/B+ to a C.

hehe, after makoto, all it is is fillers.

NaotaFLCL:

jeffprime:

hehe, after makoto, all it is is fillers.

Yeah, that's what I read when I looked up for some more info on the series. A few of the filler arcs were pretty decent (the Christian swordsman), but the bad thing about fillers is that the characters do not progress at all.

Just finished Happy Lesson, an incredibly fluffy, light anime. It was pretty humorous and I enjoyed it. I have to be careful. I try to watch a funny series followed by a serious one. I watched 4-5 really funny shows in a row once and then watched Elfin Lied and the shock damn near killed me! :)

I just started watching Zombie Loan, and am somewhat undecided whether I like it or not. I do have to say it is interesting and all, but it has a slightly "already been done waaaaaaay too many times before" feel to it.

Wow... Claymore #21 and, *gulp* dare I say; Naruto Shippuden #26 were both freaking awesome this week. Claymore I expected, but for some reason Shippuden really upped the animation quality for this episode. Best Naruto fight scene in a loooooooooooong time imo.

Bleach yet again was a horrible disappointment.

Happy Lesson is quite humerous. Elfen Lied will rip out your throat so to speak from the insane gorey awesomeness. But yea, if you watch a light anime followed by murder and the likes, it can be nerve wracking, especially during a marathon. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, theres an anime that will freak you out in a dark room. Its hilarious yet loads of insanity at times. Claymore #21 was a little off for me. Maybe it was my stomache virus that made me feel like puking every time the guts were being chewed. Time to check out Shippuden #26 as well as the 3rd movie which I just found out about. Wonder when we'll see the Shippuden movie.

Naruto was great this week! Freaking loved those puppets in the manga they were fantastic in the anime.

I believe this is the last bleach filler for now. Next week we'll be back to the good stuff.

Yea Naruto in the last few weeks have been pretty cool, and this last Bleach Filler wasn't that bad, but the 5 episodes before this one were horrible. Question for those who read the shippuden magna, is Naruto moving at a decent pace now or are they still only doing like 1 chapter per episode?

Well it's still the same manga as before. Only the anime calls the second half Shippuuden. Most likely because of the 3+ filler SEASONS.

But it's been a while since I read those chapters. I'd probably guess 1-2 chapters. They can really stretch out the fighting chapters sometimes.

speaking of Shippuuden, where are the new scenes for the opening/closing from? they don't seem to me to be just random.

guitar:
speaking of Shippuuden, where are the new scenes for the opening/closing from? they don't seem to me to be just random.

I'm thinking they are pointing toward a movie... At least they look like the similiar quality animations of previous Naruto movies.

Claymore #21 really was over the top on violence. After building up the last episode like none of the claymores were going to die it was awesome to see them go a completely different direction at the end. Whomever is writing the manga that feeds this anime is freaking awesome! Anime like Claymore and Berserk are the reason I got hooked.

Greever:

guitar:

I'm thinking they are pointing toward a movie... At least they look like the similiar quality animations of previous Naruto movies.

Claymore #21 really was over the top on violence. After building up the last episode like none of the claymores were going to die it was awesome to see them go a completely different direction at the end. Whomever is writing the manga that feeds this anime is freaking awesome! Anime like Claymore and Berserk are the reason I got hooked.

theres a trailer out for the shippuden movie, at least thats what it says. ill look for link and post later

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here