Topic Index
Manga/Anime Fans

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)

they need that kind of animation in their regular shippuuden episodes. i mean, other anime have really good quality animation, claymore being an easy example, but even lesser popular anime such as Toward the Terra or Darker than Black. Toward the Terra even has some CG in it, and i bet they have a much lower budget than shippuuden.

I completely forgot that there was a Devil May Cry anime in the works 2 months ago. It seems theres only 12 episodes, and im getting the first 3 right now, ill update once I see if its any good or not.

The Devil May Cry anime is kinda random but pretty good still if you like Dante from the original Devil May Cry game :D
Seriously people start watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! Such a good anime. Nice story, with some nice progression. First few episodes, you'll go WTF? Then it get's serious... then it gets annoying... then it's like OMFG! THAT WAS SO KICK ASS! Then you get annoyed again... THEN IT'S EVEN MORE KICK ASS! Or it can be all just a bunch of kick ass... whatever floats your boat. Oh yea, anybody seen Sayanora Zetsubo Sensei? Omg, they gather up all these problems in Japan and make it into some really wack comedy, so funny.

By the way, about the latest Naruto Shippuden episode... Seriously, who knew puppet fights could be so amazing??? >.>

silentwinter:
By the way, about the latest Naruto Shippuden episode... Seriously, who knew puppet fights could be so amazing??? >.>

No joke, I haven't seen them use so many different styles of animation since the first season of the anime. I was very impressed, even though I knew what was coming.

puni puni poemi should be added to your "to watch" list, greever.

just got my hands on lagaan, gonna check it out now. Devil May Cry was good, despite each episode being independant, besides Dante always being in debt.

Just to throw them out, I've seen a handful of series this year that truly impressed me - shows I think I'll still be watching in 10 years.

Kamichu! - A junior high girl wakes up one morning to discover she's a goddess. This is no maho shoujo crap - it's a wry, gentle slice-of-life show about friendship and Shintoism, where tiny gods are everywhere. It has the same general tone as the Ghibli films.

Paradise Kiss - Superficially, Ai Yazawa's tale is about the world of fashion. But its heart lies in the experience of college/university - that evanescent period of freedom and possibility between living at home and starting a career.

Planetes - Set 50 years in the future, this is a "hard science" show that explores many things. Primarily, it's about what drives individuals to live and work in the hostile, lonely environment of space. But it's also about crazy office politics, and even about how the third world is being left behind by the inevitable march of progress.

Zipang - Remember the ~1980 popcorn flick The Final Countdown, in which a modern US aircraft carrier is transported back to the day before Pearl Harbor? This is the inverse - a modern Japanese Naval Self-Defense Force AEGIS destroyer gets sent back to the Battle of Midway. They're marooned in 1942, and have to find a path between their loyalty to Japan and their repugnance for the Japanese militarism of the period.

Kamichu looks like it might warrant me checking it out, the others don't seem like they would hold my attention/entertain me very long though.

Thanks for the info.!

kamichu isnt too good. a girl gets god powers, and does good deeds. the end.
I just picked up Kaze no Stigma, and it was actually quite entertaining. The action is good, and the story is nice. Antimation is pretty good too when portraying the elements.

Is that the one where the guy borrows the powers of the wind god even though his heritage is of fire?

Also: I would like to drop another site =p

http://www.theanimelist.com/

Tons of anime, dubbed sometimes, otherwised subbed. No charge for it. Just click the anime of your choice, pick out which episode you want and away you go!

I think I might watch claymore. I hear it's pretty good o.0

Cicadymn:

I think I might watch claymore. I hear it's pretty good o.0

WHAT!? YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET?! YOU BLASPHEMER!!!11101001

http://www.twilightvisions.com/ichigo.htm Warning, Bleach Spoilers, the theory they have there is pretty friggin good, good read.

Greever:
Is that the one where the guy borrows the powers of the wind god even though his heritage is of fire?

thats the one

Yeah, I started watching that and got a few episodes into it and forgot all about it. I'm gonna have to get back into it, any idea what HD it is on on National Anime? :-D

I was disappointed in bleach this week :/ I thought nell had more of a purpose but still. Pulling a Yoruichi isn't any fun. Hopefully she wont go train him in the art of the Espada/Arrancar and have him come back even more super powerful just like in the Soul Society arc. I was hoping Ichigo's/Uryuu's dads or the vizards would come to their rescue but I guess you can't have everything you want. Lets just hope they don't pull a DBZ and go "ZOMG LIEK BANKAI level 2 !11one!!" ~_~

Eh, I'm still enjoy Bleach but yea, I hope it doesn't become like DBZ, but who knows only time will tell

Greever:
Yeah, I started watching that and got a few episodes into it and forgot all about it. I'm gonna have to get back into it, any idea what HD it is on on National Anime? :-D

greevy, www.wizage.net/NAftp for the series names and when signed in you can look at HD listing. but, its on HD 8

sorry to interrupt the current tread of topic, but what the heck? there's a bleach movie? O.o

ty... I was too lazy to check the wizage site and figured you'd know cuz you've been DL'n them. :-P

guitar:
sorry to interrupt the current tread of topic, but what the heck? there's a bleach movie? O.o

really? maybe it will be good?

NaotaFLCL:

guitar:

really? maybe it will be good?

For some strange reason I doubt it. I can't say I honestly thought ANY of the Narutard movies were any good at all.

Deviation from storyline = glorified filler crap.

The only cartoons that I've seen so far successfully pull off a movie that I enjoyed more than than or just as much as their regular series is Transformers and The Simpsons. (and I'm not talking about the recent Transformers move either, I mean the old animated one)

well DB put it up for dl yesterday, and i've googled it up and supposedly it came out in 2006? thats why im so surprised i've only just heard of it. gonna dl today when i come home and let you guys know how it is.

remember during the last of the bounto episodes the intro movie had cuts from what seemed like a different story, well it seems like those cuts are from the movie

just finished d/ling, ill report when i get back from work.

Cool Beans, I shall do the same. I always wondered where they got that strange chick from...

It's strange, I only seem to be able to watch Pretty Cure lately on local japanese TV. >.> You know the third season with the team of 5 chicks vice the original two seasons with the same two girls.

...I wonder when the new Sailormoon is coming out.

Well, the Bleach Movie is actually somewhat decent. Its like a filler, but its also like its own arc sometime before or during the whole arrancar arc. Id say give it a shot.

yeah, its worth watching. good sound, nice drawing style, although the animation is rather sluggish. don't expect the sort of quality that bleach had in its first arc, but its still better than what it is now, and definately a good break from the kind of crap that bleach has become.

I personally think it sucked. The story was not executed very well and the only good part was the ending. It was just another twist on the Bounto crap. Very uncreative.

Greever:
I personally think it sucked. The story was not executed very well and the only good part was the ending. It was just another twist on the Bounto crap. Very uncreative.

I see your point in a way. other than that, they could have spent the time they did making the movie and invested it in more episodes involving Ichigo training to go hollow and retain his sanity

Watched a good 10 hours worth of XXXHolic and Tsubasa on youtube yesterday. <3 <3 <3 Yuuko Ichihara.

I have a horrible admission to make.

I watch one piece...

...and I like it.

X-D

hm, about claymore... does anyone else find it a bit too dark? sure its part of the artstyle, but in some cases i find that its taking me too much effort to strain and try and actually see all of this artwork, rather than just enjoying it.

and exampled would be in EP20, at the very begining where the show raki (or was it lucky?) standing with that girl, and theres two horses next to them. at first, i only head the horses snort, but couldn't see them. i had to rewind and pause and actually look around the screen to notice them.

anyone else with this? or is my screen just really dark or something?

I think maybe your screen is too dark? I see it just fine on my display and I'm using an old Sony Trinitron CRT monitor and/or my new Toshiba LCD HDTV. But it looks great on both of them.

What media player do you use?

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 . . . 19 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here