Topic Index
So... Is this the basement? Because if so I just got 3 simple words for ya...

Username:Password:
Log In

I'm Taking Over!!!!

Seriously is this the illustrious basement?

SaneAmongInsane:

A gigantic figure encased in a rusty suit crawled out from a shadowy corner and limped up to Sane.

"Leave while you still can young un, unspeakable horrors live down here, not meant for the eyes of the unbanned!"

JoJo:

SaneAmongInsane:

A gigantic figure encased in a rusty suit crawled out from a shadowy corner and limped up to Sane.

"Leave while you still can young un, unspeakable horrors live down here, not meant for the eyes of the unbanned!"

I'm not locked in here with them, THEY ARE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!!!!

SaneAmongInsane:

JoJo:

SaneAmongInsane:

I'm not locked in here with them, THEY ARE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!!!!

"You say that now... bots which try to force sales on you roam these halls and in every nook and cranny hides a troll, waiting to fool people who come across them. Further into the basement lives their king... the one they call 'the Reaper'. We tried to colonise this place, we thought we could beat Warcry... we were wrong."

*coughs* And the one and only Post King & Forum Necromancer, cant forget him no sir.

*looks around* by the way - thats me. Run for the hills little boy, this is my kingdom.

The basement of the Escapist?

Sure, lets go with that. Not much here anyway, so it's not like taking over it makes you all-powerful or something.

Believe me, I tried...

More like an Indian Burial Ground the Escapist was built on, but same principle.

What? People posting here again? New threads not created by spambots? Well, how times have changed. :O

Taking over, eh? Good luck with that.

SaneAmongInsane:
I'm Taking Over!!!!

As if there is even anything to salvage in this place. I don't think even the moderating staff keeps coming here.

Martintox:

SaneAmongInsane:
I'm Taking Over!!!!

As if there is even anything to salvage in this place. I don't think even the moderating staff keeps coming here.

As if summoned by magic, one of the Mod Trio appears! Remember, we may not be be visible, but while this site is active, either myself or secretworldleader(shh) will be keeping a lazily-applied eye on it. Mostly for any huge spambot resurgences.

JoJo:

You say that now... bots which try to force sales on you roam these halls

How dare you! We got rid of shittons of them a couple months back and even now there may only be a handful hanging around. They hardly roam... more like scuttle.

You insult me, my honour and the honour of the other two Mods, Sir!

EscapeGoat:

How dare you! We got rid of shittons of them a couple months back and even now there may only be a handful hanging around. They hardly roam... more like scuttle.

I'm afraid Sir Mod there's only one way to settle this argument, by fisticuffs!

*brings out cola-powered drill*

JoJo:

EscapeGoat:

Brave, dear boy, but foolish. Who brings a drill to a Hammer fight? I'mma knock that happily awesome smile right offa your face!

Also, entirely off-topic, but did you make your sig yourself? It's rather good.

EscapeGoat:

JoJo:

EscapeGoat:

Brave, dear boy, but foolish. Who brings a drill to a Hammer fight? I'mma knock that happily awesome smile right offa your face!

Also, entirely off-topic, but did you make your sig yourself? It's rather good.

I did indeed, although credit for the image of the Big Daddy (minus the mouth and sunglasses) belongs to the artists of Bioshock 2 and I believe Taco made the Injustice League sign. I just modded it all a bit and put it together into one banner.

Now, it's time to duel! How about a wager... whoever wins gets the modship for themselves?

I'll just sit over there and see how stupid this gets.

Martintox:
I'll just sit over there and see how stupid this gets.

Weeeellll, I can't speak for JoJo (...much) but I reckon there's the strong possibility of silliness occurring. Maybe.

JoJo:

Now, it's time to duel! How about a wager... whoever wins gets the modship for themselves?

...Oh wait, you already said that.

Alright, I'll begin.

Queen's Knight to Screw You!

Your move...

EscapeGoat:

Alright, I'll begin.

Your move...

King's Drill to your face!

*dives towards EscapeGoat's face in slow motion*

JoJo:

EscapeGoat:

Alright, I'll begin.

Your move...

Thanks to your slow motion, I have to time to set up a press release. The subsequent crowd of journalists, photographers and the occasional bewildered passerby simply caught up in the excitement of seeing the Mayor of London deliver a speech from a huge defensive barrier. It'll take you at least 15 minutes to elbow your way through that lot and produce the necessary I.D. to get past the security.

EscapeGoat:

JoJo:

EscapeGoat:

Alright, I'll begin.

Your move...

Thanks to your slow motion, I have to time to set up a press release. The subsequent crowd of journalists, photographers and the occasional bewildered passerby simply caught up in the excitement of seeing the Mayor of London deliver a speech from a huge defensive barrier. It'll take you at least 15 minutes to elbow your way through that lot and produce the necessary I.D. to get past the security.

I've got a call from David Cameron for you Boris, he says you're to be fired... out of a cannon!

*Wheels out giant 18th century ship cannon*

JoJo:

I've got a call from David Cameron for you Boris, he says you're to be fired... out of a cannon!

*Wheels out giant 18th century ship cannon*

Boris being the loyal and slightly mental politician that he is, clambers into the cannon with a big old grin. With a roar, the cannon fires, launching Boris high across the streets of London, a glorious soaring pigeon of ruffled hair, support for bikes and utter bemusement. All who see expect him to meet a miserable and messy end.

But then, with perfect comic timing, Boris is caught by a series of ropes and wires, and is left completely unhurt, but now towering over the town.

While there he takes the opportunity to wave some flags and be patriotic and smug in his wondrous survival of yet another half-hearted assassination attempt.

EscapeGoat:
snip

The Big Daddy limbers up to where Boris / EG is suspended, not to miss an opportunity. He swings on a cable towards the man and throws his Little Sister like a throwing star right at him. She is armed to the teeth with syringes.

JoJo:

The Big Daddy limbers up to where Boris / EG is suspended, not to miss an opportunity. He swings on a cable towards the man and throws his Little Sister like a throwing star right at him. She is armed to the teeth with syringes.

With surprising deftness for one so buffoon-like, Boris untangles himself and drops to the floor, rolling to minimize the damage. He gets to his feet and draws his trusty oik-smiting stick, OiKrist (it glows blue in the presence of New Labour), is still there. With a 'not-all-there' look, he unleashes the Deadly George Osbourne and sets him upon the Big Daddy, proceeding to assault him under the weight of unnecessary benefit cuts and a negative social stigma upon the single father.

EscapeGoat:

JoJo:

With surprising deftness for one so buffoon-like, Boris untangles himself and drops to the floor, rolling to minimize the damage. He gets to his feet and draws his trusty oik-smiting stick, OiKrist (it glows blue in the presence of New Labour), is still there. With a 'not-all-there' look, he unleashes the Deadly George Osbourne and sets him upon the Big Daddy, proceeding to assault him under the weight of unnecessary benefit cuts and a negative social stigma upon the single father.

The Big Daddy beats back George Osbourne's stigma with the aid of Fathers4Justice's Batman and summons up his trump card: Nick Clegg. Clegg uses his coalition powers to block Boris' proposed ideas and aims an unrealistic ideas beam at the Lord Mayor, making Boris' plans seem crap in comparison.

I just discovered Warcry myself. Solo-Wing is in bitches and he is gonna rule y'all. XD

Solo-Wing:
I just discovered Warcry myself. Solo-Wing is in bitches and he is gonna rule y'all. XD

Better than you have tried, my friend, and better than you have fallen. :P

JoJo:

The Big Daddy beats back George Osbourne's stigma with the aid of Fathers4Justice's Batman and summons up his trump card: Nick Clegg. Clegg uses his coalition powers to block Boris' proposed ideas and aims an unrealistic ideas beam at the Lord Mayor, making Boris' plans seem crap in comparison.

Thankfully, Boris can use the government's secret ability: Blaming the Liberal Democrats for everything that's gone wrong in the last couple of years. He uses Clegg as a scapegoat, claiming all of Boris' crap-sounding plans were actually proposed by the Lib Dem ministers, deftly deflecting the backlash.

After giving a brief conference on the importance of expanding the public transport services for London, Boris boards a bus and drives it straight at the Big Daddy, aiming to run him down under several tons of red-painted steel and commuters.

Uh oh, looks like Escapist is leaking... Is this were people go when they're banned?

TopazFusion:
Looks like Donald Trump...

This happens far more than I would like. I suppose it's fair though - America should have its own blond floppy-haired bloke as well. (Bonus points if Trump's a bit of a fool as well, but I wouldn't presume to know)

A Satanic Panda:
Uh oh, looks like Escapist is leaking... Is this were people go when they're banned?

Ah ha, you'd think, but no. Banned on one, banned on 'em all, I'm afraid. This is simply a hidden holdover from ages past.

BreakfastMan:

Solo-Wing:

Better than you have tried, my friend, and better than you have fallen. :P

I will still try. And I shall succeed!

So much got the rebuild effort, eh? I wonder if this site will ever become self sustaining again.

TopazFusion:

Trippy Turtle:
I wonder if this site will ever become self sustaining again.

Nah, this place has had its day.

Every time someone decides they're gonna revive this place, it always fails, and falls back into the same slump they found it in.

It's an endless cycle, it seems.

It always seems to attract more regular visitors, tho. I mean, I really didn't start visiting here regularly until that whole rebuild thing went down. Now I visit at least once a week, when I am bored! XD

This place is so different from what I remember!! Is anyone alive??

I think there is one guy that occasionally posts. That is about it. Everyone else is just Escapist members that stumbled on here accidentally. :P

BreakfastMan:
I think there is one guy that occasionally posts. That is about it. Everyone else is just Escapist members that stumbled on here accidentally. :P

And you are that one guy.

What the hell have I stumbled into here?

Man, I really shouldn't follow strange links I find in old threads.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here