Topic Index
So is the site dead or just the few?

Username:Password:
Log In

Time... and Email notifications will tell...

Which site? Warcry in general? Or your games home-site?

Moon is right, blue hearltess, the Offtopic is shared across the entire network, so which site are you talking about?

I'm speaking of the declining activity in all forums.

I was actually on FFWarcry (now Final Fantasy Series General Discussion) before the merge and before the focus went to the MMO. Looking through all of the channels it looks to me that only the consistent activity is in the Off-Topic forums. Is everyone losing interest?

By the way, what's with the badges? I got some all of a sudden. When did badges come into play?

Badges were fairly recent. Just something to boost activity, I suppose.

It seems as a whole that WarCry activity is down, but new games (Warhammer/Darkfall) and old standbys (Lineage 2 and World of Warcraft) still seem to generate a decent amount of posts. I never really venture outside of those forums, except to my haven here in Off-Topic.

You should visit more often - you'll like it here.

Nah, it's hardly dead. Perhaps you just aren't around the forums that are most active?

It's hard to seem active in the current MMO world. Really, there are only a few driving that market (the nature of massiveness)

Warhammer will cause a surge for sure, an extended purge if it is actually good. There's a bunch of other stuff on the Horizon, Warcry will be active for a long time to come, but it is a little tricky as a bit of a niche area of gaming in general especially when there are forums specific to the MMO.

e.g. why goto WarCry when you can post directly to the WarCraft forums?

mark_n_b:

Quality?

guitar:

mark_n_b:

Quality?

Bingo.

Must be all the spammers I keep banning :P

guitar:
Nah, it's hardly dead. Perhaps you just aren't around the forums that are most active?

That is definitely it. FFSeries General Dicsussion hasn't been active sice before the merge.

MoonPenguin:
You should visit more often - you'll like it here.

I did that. In another time, in another place. :)

blue heartless:

I did that. In another time, in another place. :)

I did things once.

If I liked them, I did them again.

Well, what with this gamble between me and Moon things should go a bit faster... at least for today. Let's see if Moon can keep this up ;)

I could keep up, but I'll really pick up the pace tonight. You're going to see posts from the old days make a re-appearance. :>

Oh no no. Now that would be going overboard. Only Niceven has the right to touch those!

Pft.

I reserve Niceven's rights to have rights to touch those.

MoonPenguin:
Pft.

I reserve Niceven's rights to have rights to touch those.

You know I could report you for that statement...

To the po-leace?! I hope not :< They said if I touched anymore kids, I'd be in big trouble!

Sigoya:

Back int' day I used to run my own forum and we kept spammers around purely for the sake of bolstering post counts, providing they were only selling gold or something.

Bad times.

Heh, I hear yah Melaisis. My old guild forum has more than 6000 registered members, with 75% of them spammers. Problem is, our CAPTCHA was broken and we didn't bother fixing it :P

Melaisis:

Sigoya:

Back int' day I used to run my own forum and we kept spammers around purely for the sake of bolstering post counts, providing they were only selling gold or something.

Bad times.

Back in the day we crucified spammers, cut them up into tiny pieces, and gave them away as rewards to our loyal droves of visitors in the form of Warcry Gumbo.

But then Hurricane Katrina happened and we stopped making gumbo out of respect. Then they changed the site's format, restructured/retooled staff, and voila! Here we are today.

Spamalot.

Back in the day, I used to cut spam in neatly sliced pieces, pan fry them, and make myself a spam sammich.
Unfortunately I cannot afford spam, and am now on a strict poor mans diet of filet mignon and lobster tails.

This thread went so wrong so quickly.

For shame.

Who are you to judge threads!? Blasphemer! Mere Dungeon Crawler!

leecho7:
Back in the day, I used to cut spam in neatly sliced pieces, pan fry them, and make myself a spam sammich.
Unfortunately I cannot afford spam, and am now on a strict poor mans diet of filet mignon and lobster tails.

It's a hard knock life.

So sorry I missed out on all of the inside jokes.

Its my first time here. I was looking at the APB and Champions forum, both seem pretty stale. I was gonna post but I don't know the rules on necroposting.

Hey Ska, go ahead, post away, no penalties for constructive chatter.

Absolutely. I'm afraid I succumb to necroposting often, I don't usually post when I visit the site.

Which is not often at all. It's half the reason I posted this thread.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here