Topic Index
Fallout 3!!!!

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3)

what specs you running? I had a friend with a Vid card from 2 years back who can play most games on max settings, yet he could not with this and the game would lock up as soon as it starts. he needed to drop the settings and that fixed it.

Is it just me or I missed the old fallout game used to be? well, I guess the fact that fallout 3 is not played as it was before like that of fallout 1 & 2, is a dead giveaway. I was really anticipating much like the same game play and complexity of fallout 3 as of previous fallout game.

It just seem that fallout 3 had focused entirely more on the actual story of the game rather than the innovative designed that fallout was famous for.

Keep in mind that Fallout 3 wasn't made by the original Devs. The other fallout games also focused on the story line, at least most of them anyway. Fallout 1 was completely random as you could beat the game and end up wondering what you did that triggered it. The dark humor is still there, just a bit toned down. Because BethSoft made the 3rd in the line, the gameplay was different. Things were made extremely easy besides the lack of ammo, but the perk ends up making it too easy. There was a foul-up by BethSoft because once you beat the game, you cant continue. I wont say more than that due to spoilers being there. Its definitely a great game, but still a bit weak in the history of the line. *I miss the hexidecimal grid for combat*

yeah I had hoped that Van Buren wouldn't be cancelled, but with the amount of mods out for 3 it really doesn't matter anymore.

We get new downloadable content in January, February and March. After the last dlc in March the story will continue when you beat the game.

also go here for the best mods: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/categories.php

that said, I wonder how the Fallout mmo is going to be.

The Fallout MMO is making me upgrade my PC, aslong as Interplay finishes it. If it winds up in Bethsuda's hands I'll not play it.

good to know about being able to continue, but since you *you know* if doing the good path, kind of interesting to see what happens

What sucks is DLC isn't for PS3 users.

because no system but the PC deserves the greatness that is fallout =D

OMG. There is a interplay fallout MMO? I'm with you "LivemeLifefree", I going to upgrade my PC as well. Hehe. Fallout into MMO is a great combination since the gameplay is excellent for a MMO gameplay. I'm pretty excited about this. There's something to look forward to in 2009 at least. hehe.

NaotaFLCL:

Leafar:

NaotaFLCL:

Leafar:
lol i just found out i can target grenades in vats. funny when the raider threw one and at the same moment i used vats :D explosion in the face! heeha

hehe, thats always fun. Was anyone able to find the lab to learn how to use power armor? I was never able to find it. Also, did anyone kill 3 dog?

you can get the power armor training if you follow the storyline's main quest. You get it in the Citadel, the brotherhood of steel HQ.

Wow, i must have missed the lab then. Does power armor increase your max carry weight like fallout 1 and 2 did?

There are a few varieties of Power Armor in the game all of which have different bonuses.
Outcast Power Armor, Brotherhood Power Armor, Medic Power Armor, T14bc Power Armor (or whatever it is called.. the best), and the Tesla Power Armor.

AnatolyKarpov:
OMG. There is a interplay fallout MMO? I'm with you "LivemeLifefree", I going to upgrade my PC as well. Hehe. Fallout into MMO is a great combination since the gameplay is excellent for a MMO gameplay. I'm pretty excited about this. There's something to look forward to in 2009 at least. hehe.

Suppose to come out in 2011.

NaotaFLCL:
because no system but the PC deserves the greatness that is fallout =D

Well, I was saying it sucks because PC and 360 users get DLC not PS3 users. They got gimped hardcore.

the sexbox doesnt deserve the DLC either, but alas, its bethsoft's call and they deserve to rot in hell for it =D

NaotaFLCL:
the sexbox doesnt deserve the DLC either, but alas, its bethsoft's call and they deserve to rot in hell for it =D

Hear hear

yay, leafy agrees =D

I agree aswell. I say all or none get DLC. It's retarded to gimp one section of your customers.

I thought the alaska battle DLC one was going to be exclusively for the 360 and the others would get the other two or some such nonsense, but if this is really the case that's stupid.

I don't care about all this exclusivity bull. The operation anchorage shots look amazing. can't wait for it!

Check out these two mods that I made:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2820

and

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2780

the first one makes you activate Vats at longer ranges and the second mod enables you to run faster when you holster your gun. (giving you a reason to holster it)

I'm also making another cool mod right now that gives the cool close-up bullet flyby cam with Vats more often.

I'll post when it's finished :)

ill check em out leafy.

yeah i'm trying to make the game more enjoyable the way it's meant to be played compared to vanilla Fallout3. i'm kinda new to the modding scene and was amazed that these mods were not made yet.

EDIT: Third mod finished, check it out: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2851

Im thinking about making a few mods, including possibly trying to create a new zone, but i probably wont be able to pull that off

it's not that difficult. follow the g.e.c.k. guide http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page

hehe, i wanna revive part of fallout 2 within fallout 3 =D

lol, looking forward to it :P

also if anyone has a Geforce card don't get the new 181.20 drivers from January 8.
everyone has been reporting many crashes which are 100% repeatable in Fallout3 because of it (including me.)

fallout3 is a good game but gets boring fast well thats wat i think

Just to show ya'll my mod, I made a vid:

i got it for christmas

Is it really that buggy for PC?

Just checking.

Leafar:
lol, looking forward to it :P

also if anyone has a Geforce card don't get the new 181.20 drivers from January 8.
everyone has been reporting many crashes which are 100% repeatable in Fallout3 because of it (including me.)

I have those drivers and I've encountered no crashes to date (8800GT).

I have a 9800GT and there seems to be many people with issues concerning the 181.20 drivers, but now 181.22 beta is out and this one fixes some crash problems with Fallout 3

the 181.20 drivers does work well with other games, just not Fallout 3.
(it gave Crysis a huge fps boost)

Ive got a GeForce 280x and i have no problems evar =D

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook