Topic Index
Your MMO history!

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

I would like to know about everyone's history with mmo's. From the games you have played, the ones you liked most,the names/classes you used most, servers you played on, etc etc. I'll break the ice.
1ST MMO= Anarchy Online
MMO's played = Anarchy Online,Diablo2 (more of an mo then mmo),Asherons call 2,Lineage 2,Savage eden,MU online,City of heroes,LOTRO,Archlord (lol), Ever Quest 2, Worlds of Warcraft.

I would list the F2P games, but i have litteraly tried 99% of them.

the names I used the most are
Strife, Deca, Zypher,Buju,Kyba,Primal,Badz ....except in 2 P2P games. EQ2, all those names were usd, so i choose Takaida, and in COH same situation, so i used "Inflames" for my fire tank.

Id say my top 3 fav of all time, in no particular order would be, Lineage 2 , Asherons call2,and Worlds of Warcraft.

The servers i can remember from the P2P's are
L2= Bartz (starting when it was the ONLY server)
AC2 = Thistldown
WOW = Tanaris

lastly, id say as far as my play style prefference, it seems to be purely moderate to high dps melle classes. Usualy this is the warrior class, and/or the dagger classes.

In order: Runescape, Ragnarok Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Phantasy Star Online, and Shin Megami Tensei:Imagine.

Names I really don't feel like listing but the classes usually were(for RO): Crusader, Dancer, Assassin Cross, Whitesmith, Wizard, and Monk.

Lord of the Rings: Kilosana and I was a hunter.

Phantasy Star: I was a hunter.
SMT:Imagine: I'm a mage/fighter.

Ooooh ... let me step in the way back machine. First MMOs text only DIKUMUD, STICK in The MUD, Diablo, Everquest, Everquest Online Adventures (Which was and from what I have heard still excellent), Final Fantasy XI (BARF!!! I can't believe I gave up EOA for it) and World of Warcraft. plus numerous free to play and trials of other games.

DIKUMUD and Stick in the Mud: Barbarians named Kestrel and Talisman (All praise Tudmok the Hunter)

Diablo I liked the mage

Everquest - Human Druid, Erudite Shadow Knight and an Iksar Shadow Knight (Don't remember the names)

Everquest Online Adventures - Ogre Warrior named Thud, Erudite Enchanter named Lightere

Final Fantasy XI - Taru Black Mage/White Mage (I tried several other combos but if you don't choose the optimal combo people treat you like crap and since you have to group it blows).

World of Warcraft - alot alot alot of characters... but my mains are...
Wounder - Orc Rogue lvl 70 Moon Guard
Kylal - Tauren Death Knight lvl 73 Moon Guard
Emberstone - Dwarf Warrior lvl 46 Sisters of Elune

First MMO?

Star Wars Galaxies, around 2006- and this was several years after it was first released.....Not all that fun.

After that came WoW, which I played this year in October for a week- a Night Elf warrior, which is maybe why I got rather bored with it......

Finally, an MMO I stuck with: EVE Online- A Minmatar Sebiestor Engineer-turned-Gunner. Picked it up in early November, and have stuck with it ever since. Sure, it's not as colorful or action-packed as WoW, but the only thing I have to grind for is ISK (EVE money).

1. Earth and Beyond, friend gave me a free pass and hooked me up. It was boring as hell. I think my character's name was FooManShoo
2. Lineage 2, cousin wanted me to play. Played a dark elf dual wielding guy. Don't remember the name.
3. Everquest 2, I tried to free trial for about 2 hours.
4. Knights Online, power lvl'd with a group of buds. Got boring after about a week.
5. WoW, on and off for about 3-4 years. Orc Rogue on Zuljin named Funkshway. Don't play anymore.

Now, I play LittleBigPlanet.

1. Legend of Mir (truly awful game)
2. Lineage 2
3. Auto Assault
4. City of Heroes
5. LOTRO
6. WAR closed beta
7. Tabula Rasa
8. WoW (after having played it at launch, took it up again)

There are so many more, but I can't remember em

1.Diablo II
2.Runescape with friends
3.City of Heroes
4. Lineage II
5.Eve online
6. World of warcraft

I think

1. Diablo
2. Anarchy Online
3. Saga of Ryzom
4. Auto Assault
5. Tabula Rasa (Beta)
6. [NDA]
7. [NDA]

1.Star wars Galaxies
2.(forgot name,can pick a dragon as a race)
3.Lineage 2.....
4.Silkroad online
5.RF-Online
6.Cabal-online

With not one of these did i level higher than lv18 except Lineage2, but i payed some Chinese dude to level me to 40 :D

what a waste.....

conclusion: I don't like anything Grind-based.

Played almost all of them. The ones that I "enjoyed"...

1. Lineage 2
2. Eve

Hmmmm...Well thats it. I am starting to think that I am hard to please.

Leafar:
1.Star wars Galaxies
2.(forgot name,can pick a dragon as a race)
3.Lineage 2.....
4.Silkroad online
5.RF-Online
6.Cabal-online

With not one of these did i level higher than lv18 except Lineage2, but i payed some Chinese dude to level me to 40 :D

what a waste.....

conclusion: I don't like anything Grind-based.

Wow, I managed to get 99+ on RO several times as my brother and I would switch servers every few months. So I would get 99/50 in each first rank classes then after being reset to 1/1 get to 100+/75+(depended on the server if they allowed you to go above 99/75 or not) at half the leveling rate.

UO: 3ish years on Chesapeake shard, name was Clavis.

EQ: Brief stint when I stopped playing UO for a while.

DAoC: On and off for 3-4 years, most of my time was Mid/Lance, Falei my Hunttress and Ferai my Valk.

L2: Is where I think I ended up next. Planned to roll on Seighardt with a guild, but ended up on Gustin. Only got to 28 before I quit.

WoW: First solid character was Treys, 57 NE Druid on Scarlet Crusade. Next was Guttorm, 50 Orc Shaman on Scarlet Crusade. Then came Groa (now known as Unne), currently 75 Undead Priest, who started on Dalvengyr, moved to Anub'arak for BC, then to Ravenholdt, and now to Mug'thol. Groa has 70 days /played so far.

WAR: Groa, 31 Zealot on Dark Crag. Massive disappointment, cancelled my subscription a month ago.

And a myriad of other MMOs (F2P and not) that are not worth mentioning.

I always use the name MoonPenguin.

Eve, Earth and Beyond, World of Warcraft, Anarchy Online, Lineage 2, Tabula Rasa, RF Online, all the Diablo games. I think there were more, but those are the ones I can explicitly recall.

I remember your necromancer!

I was a Necromancer way before it was cool to be a Necromancer.

Then when they got ultra popular, I rolled a Temple Knight. Woo woo.

I don't know if I can go "in order", but I've played..

Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, DDO, Horizons, Saga of Ryzom, WoW, LOTRO. Thought about Eve Online (even downloaded it), but got a little put off by the learning curve. Interested in SGW and STO when they come out.

Nearly every game I play, I prefer the 'sword and board'/tank type character. DDO, my main is a fighter, although I am messing with a Monk alt. AC, my main is sword-specced, with life and item magic. LOTRO, a guardian. AC2, I was a juggernaut. Horizons, a giant fighter type again. WoW - it was a dwarf fighter type on the alliance side (completely drawing a blank on the class names).

The order would be something like this, starting in late 2000: EQ -> DAOC (5 days) -> Earth & Beyond -> AO -> SWG -> FFXI -> EQ -> EVE beta -> FFXI -> EQ -> Auto Assault(beta to end) -> Vanguard (a few days) -> Tabula Rasa (beta) -> LotRO -> Pirates of the Burning Sea -> EQ + EQ2 + Pirates of the Burning Sea + Tabula Rasa ('til death do us part).

I played City of Villains a couple of times, but I played for such small amounts of time, I can't really place it very well. Whenever they have a free event, I might pop in for it. There was a point where I tried WoW beta, but their lame attempt at torrent use crashed two computers and I gave up. I wasn't all that interested to begin with.

I generally like to play the mage/support class, but I can play them all. I've taken this month off to give myself a break and think about where I want to stay. I'm not paying any attention to any new releases until I see a good setting similar to AA or E&B.

EQ
EQ2
SWG
EVE
WOW
TR
DDO
LOTRO

UO is where I started and I played it for years until my husband got me to try WoW and Ive been hooked since. I love NWN 1 and 2, but WoW is now my home!

I started off with Runescape, then played WoW for a couple of years. I pretty much stopped there but have tried out the EVE Online trial but I don't think that really counts.

Sigoya:
1. Diablo
2. Anarchy Online
3. Saga of Ryzom
4. Auto Assault
5. Tabula Rasa (Beta)
6. [NDA]
7. [NDA]

update when the NDA's lifted? ^^

shizzie:
update when the NDA's lifted? ^^

You know it :)

FFXI
EQ2 -- Started posting here
WoW
MxO
CoH
CoV
DDO - friends account
Tabula Rasa
AoC
WAR

Inbetween been playing wow off and on and off and on...

Next: Stargate Worlds

Started with Anarchy online. Moved to guild wars briefly, then went straight into WoW.

I started with MU online for 2 years, then WoW for less than 6 months and now Atlantica Online about 2 months and running. Atlantica is fairy new so 2 months is enough to be considered not a newbie in the game. lolz.

To be honest with you guys, my first MMO is Atlantica Online...but I have played a lot of RPGs on PS2 such as DMC, MGS, a lot more...

runescape and my friend got WoW and i tried it and got hooked

Add Shin Megami Tensei to the list.

i'm kinda attracted to this one right now. add me as friend if anyone else plays it: Rafahil

Leafar I play Imagine, you got a clan?

Ryzom has grabbed me rather effectively, not sure if I'll stay when it goes P2P but we'll see. Can't say the same for LoTRO though unfortunately. I'll give SMT: Imagine game a go.

If you give Imagine a try let me know, I usually linger on channel 6.
IGN is Kimosamie.

LivemeLifefree:
If you give Imagine a try let me know, I usually linger on channel 6.
IGN is Kimosamie.

Installed it this morning, and already uninstalled it. It's as if the makers of this game descided to eat a manga book+ PSO + RF, and then took a massive crap all over the source code, I would go so far as to say that even after that was finished, they summoned the Devil and commanded him to rape this games soul.

1.maximum rez= 1024x768
2.zoneing
3.linear maps (withen the zoneing)
4.no jump
5.WSAD funtions terribad
6.Uninstall dident remove all files or shortcuts

if this game was 13 years old i would be less critical.

1, 4, and 5 bugged me as well. The skill system seemed unnecessarily complicated, couldn't figure out how many times I had to hit the skill just to make it work.

hmm lets see..

1. Ultima Online (was a big fan of Ultima 6 and 7 sinle play games so trying the mmo was a no bainer)
2. RF Online (loved the art for the game, however the game was boring as hell)
3. City of Heroes (little overly repititve and grind oriented but has gotten slowly better and better and like the badge and veteran reward systems)
4. World of Warcraft (dont think wow is a bad game, bit to group and pvp oriented maybe but that said the community on wow servers is very hit and miss 99% of the worst online experiences iv had have been at the hands of wow players).
5. Final Fantasy XI (hige final fantasy game but this game is beyond bad, tried it twice unsubbed within a day both times).
6. Matrix Online (shudder, nuff said)
7. Star Wars Galaxies (I joined this game somewhat after the train had left post NGE, was okay but the quest system was dull, crafting was fun, houses were great but thier placement horrible with some very messy player made settlements, likes the house decorations and collectibles)
8. Bounty Bay Online Beta (not exactly the pirates game i was hoping for)
9. Tabula Rasa Beta (welcome to lagsville)
10. Lord of the Rings Online (happy holder of a lifetime account, great game, great crafting)
11. Exteel (fun for the odd hour of mindless combat)
12. Warhammer Online Open Beta (Was nice but didnt hold my interest, it did give me a PVP system I as someone who despises pvp over pve could actually enjoy though)

I think thats everything, played some free mmos too like fyff etc.. most mobbed with spammers and younglings and were major dull grindfests..

Chi:
1, 4, and 5 bugged me as well. The skill system seemed unnecessarily complicated, couldn't figure out how many times I had to hit the skill just to make it work.

If you play for a while, it gets better and is more player friendly.

LivemeLifefree i'm usually on channel 1, i'm in a clan (got invited and just accepted it, no idea why..clanname was something like Immortals...

Name is Rafahil

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook