Topic Index
Funny Pictures Thread

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 NEXT)

No, due to the forging process katanas are brittle. They shatter very easily, easy the really nice ones.

Only parts of the katana are brittle- the edge is the only part that comes to mind. In fact, in the forging process, the smiths coat the back of a katana blade with clay and such to keep it soft while quenching (the bit that makes the blade curvy) in order to help toughen the blade and keep it from shattering.

....../iSwordGeekiness

I guess in the end I should just say "Fine Berethond your right", but I think the overal purpose and function of the Katana isent being indestructable, its speed. I belive this conversation started when disscusing zombie deffense, and a katana would not shatter while disabling them, and if they had this "reffrigirator" armor that was mentioned, there would most likly be a vulnerable spot somewhere, and thats where, IMO, the focus would be....not the single most rigid part of there deffense.

Besides a Gun is cheaper and more effective then a top notch sword....why do you think samurais were defeated =/. Would keep my katana close for when bullets are in short supply.

I just get extremely sick of the anime tards who are all 'OMG TEH KATANA IS TEH BEST SWORD EVAR!!!!'
Sorry I kind of overreacted.

But, it's still a very good weapon. And, yeah, guns are cheaper and more effective, but not as much fun.

Sigoya:

I love you, Sigoya.

Depending on who crafted the sword, yes, they can shatter against another piece of steel. If the smith knows what they are doing, no they are extremely strong. Hell, a well crafted sword can stand up to a gun. http://www.spike.com/video/samurai-swords-vs/2937228

Now im not saying the Katana is the best sword, but the craftsmanship that goes into them is something to be inspired about. Niceven, I know you didnt mean what you said and the end of that post =P Overall, the quality and care put into forging a blade can withstand steel if someone knows what they be doing. Granted, the bullet shot by that gun is lead, but at that speed, youd expect the sword to at least chip a little.

I never said they weren't sharp. But time to find another funny picture...

Not the best, but it's up there.

that video made me lawl.

hee-hee.
Make sure you right-click and hit properties, look at the URL name. It's half the fun.

No Naota, I'm not kidding and when I make enough money to spend on a pair of swords like that were gonna duel to the Death and the winner posts it here on WarCry and Youtube. It'll be the stuff of legends - so f*ing goddamned awesome we'll get three movies, seven books and a cover with a spread in Playgirl.

Lol Niceven, I accept your challenge. It will take me time to make the money, but so help me, we shall duel. We'll need leafy, greevy, cheesy, moon, and chi to be witnesses. Oh yea, and leecho and Eilly if anyone can find her.

:*( Apparently I'm not oldy enough to witness this event

Sadly Wolfkin, you are not apart of the 'old' inner circle - but you will be f*ing blinded and dumbstruck when I irl wtfpwn Naota - in the future.

I have to watch it on Pay Per View? damn it Wolfkin, here I am thinking me and you were oldschool, turns out we are both noobs comparedto Niceven and 'the inner circle", which sounds more like a cult,dont drink the cool-aid Naota.

It is a cult.

A cult devoted to Niceven the Thread Necromancer muwhahahaha!

Yup, im second in command, damned to die by Niceven's hands only to be rezzed as his sex zombie

NaotaFLCL:
Yup, im second in command, damned to die by Niceven's hands only to be rezzed as his sex zombie

Don't lie, you like it.

Wolfkin14:

NaotaFLCL:

Don't lie, you like it.

never said i didnt like it

Has a 4 letter word in it take a look if you want.

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=designerposterps3.jpg

shizzie:
I have to watch it on Pay Per View? damn it Wolfkin, here I am thinking me and you were oldschool, turns out we are both noobs comparedto Niceven and 'the inner circle", which sounds more like a cult,dont drink the cool-aid Naota.

Shizzie since you've participated in my lewd acts of debauchery, I officially consider you old school.

Alright, ill second with leecho =D You can witness the murder followed by rape of my zombified existence at the hands of Niceven

This is the "funny picture" thread, so feel free to post pics of aformentioned zombie rape.

It isn't rape if you ask for it, Naota.

Moon's right, you can't rape the willing.

uhh my pics usually get modded, so I post a vid instead real funny :

lol.

Rape is just surprise sex doncha know

Zombies you said?

This oughta be required reading for all girls going into high school.

lol.

Would read again

Lol, never seen Zero Wing Calvin & Hobbes style.

That's Anarchemitis for you- excellent taste in funny.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or