Topic Index
So I leave to play WoW and look at what happens!!!

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 NEXT)

Moon is talking about 5 years ago.

Yeah, back then it was well up there. I recall something like 2 million unique hits per month at the peak, but I may be wrong.

On another note, I miss the sexy green name I had when I did the mob database for lineage warcry. Green is cool.

You were kinda like moldy cheese then and it made me smile.

moldy cheese is fun =D

I'm the forum necromancer everyone loves to hate. Kinda been that way since I started posted here all those years ago. I came here originally looking for tips on L2 but fell in with the community which was nice because it made my night shifts go faster. Sad as it is, I miss playing L2 (save for the mindless grind) - like a first love it will always hold a special place in my heart.

By the way, Kings starts showing tonight on NBC - I require everyone with cable TV to watch this show, you dont want to know what the consequences are for not watching it. The Post Kings demands, my vassals will obey.

I still play L2 from time to time on less than official servers.

Temple Knights are where it's at.

On less than official servers, with their multitudes of less than standard "game mechanics", even a battle prophet might just as well be "where it's at".

Actually, the only servers I've played on have the same mechanics, just different rates.

Speaking of 'less than official servers' is a bannable offense - or did they lift that one? If I started playing again I'd start leveling my Palus Knight and try to finally make an SK. They were so pimp.

It is, on the L2 forums. You could discuss the validity of them all you wanted in offtopic, but I would lock the thread with the excuse that it's like beating a dead horse. But we aren't doing either right now.

So what was that about your Phalus Knight?

HUR HUR

Been a while since we've heard that one.

That one really brought me back.

mrcheese:
Well greever staged a diplomatic mission to the escapist, resulting in him getting temp banned and dozens of escapist forum users appearing over here as if it was some new play park that opened next door to their old one.

Generally they were asses, provoked the Warcry regulars and made every other post "WELL AT DA ESKAYPIST WE DO IT LIEK DIS! U SHUD DO IT LIKE THAT HERE TOO!". Most of them have crawled back to their holes. A few are still around, though the ones that stayed are the ones who weren't idiots and didn't provoke flame wars.

Ummmm.... has anything else of note happened lately?

Erm, I just came from the escapist and this is my first post on WarCry.

I promise I won't be like that. Much.

YOU BROKE THE HOLY MEMORIAL POST!

Heh, I'd love to say welcome back and all ut infact I just caught a link here from the Escapist and decided to check it out.

A link here from Escapist? This intrigues me. It's like a wormhole from another dimension.
Do tell us about it.

I saw it, it's on their badge farm thread advertising the fact they can spam up here for the forum vagabond badge.

What? Link please?
Oh wait, found it.
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.84454?page=1) for those wanting to know.

Yeah, these badges are just stupid. It's kind of like the Xbox 360 achievement and PS3 trophies.
OMFG look at how big my e-penis is! I've spent all night gathering badges/trophies to get virtual rep/cred from people I don't even know in real life as opposed to doing something more productive! I'm special cause I touch myself at night.

You do know you can simply turn them off in your profile. I did that when they just came out.
Makes me wonder if it wasn't their idea to begin with, though.

leecho7:
Yeah, these badges are just stupid. It's kind of like the Xbox 360 achievement and PS3 trophies.
OMFG look at how big my e-penis is! I've spent all night gathering badges/trophies to get virtual rep/cred from people I don't even know in real life as opposed to doing something more productive! I'm special cause I touch myself at night.

Well, over at the Introvision forums (I know different place completely) you get badges for posting X ammount, but if you post 5000 times it overwrites your 50 and 500 one, and for beta testing their games and being there X ammount of years. The badges there earn you gifts, basically. Like the Foamwinians everyone wants once you get 5 badges you get free ones. Even then, atleast there's useage to the badges, still a bit useless.

leecho7:

Agreed. I think that achievements/trophies/badges can be a decent idea in theory, but when released to the general public, it just turns into another way for them to add inches to their e-peen.

Some of this could've been easily stopped if we had selective breeding.

LivemeLifefree:

While this probebly would hold true, we probebly would have still managed to kill ourselves off, unless we were like the good folks from Equilibrium where no emotion = peace

NaotaFLCL:

LivemeLifefree:

While this probebly would hold true, we probebly would have still managed to kill ourselves off, unless we were like the good folks from Equilibrium where no emotion = peace

I'm fine with that. But, Digital Devil Saga proved that with no emotion there is still war. THE JUNKYARD WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!

An escapist link in MY thread? Oh no f-ing way, get that sh+t out of here - now. /rant

/start L2

So yeah, I actually met the artist behind that joke in the Stabby McStoo comics - she was apart of a guild that joined in alliance with Hand of Omega and some others.

Niceven:
An escapist link in MY thread? Oh no f-ing way, get that sh+t out of here - now. /rant

/start L2

So yeah, I actually met the artist behind that joke in the Stabby McStoo comics - she was apart of a guild that joined in alliance with Hand of Omega and some others.

You've been hijacked by nublets, what will you do!? What will you do...

Greever:

Niceven:

/start L2

You've been hijacked by nublets, what will you do!? What will you do...

Shoot them! With a spoon-launcher!

Congratulations! You've just made one forum moderator that much closer to getting his Banhammer Badge!

I'm gonna have to agree badges are an awfully douchetastic way of filling forums (specifically ours now) with absolute garbage.

*BTW where the heck is my Warcry Contributor badge?

YOU CONTRIBUTE NOTHING

mrcheese:
YOU CONTRIBUTE NOTHING

point taken.

Seriously though I think the contributor badges were awarded retroactively for anybody who posted a news article on a warcry site.

While I must say, I like the ban hammer badge.

Fear the day the site admins see fit to bestow me with a BANHAMMER. So many will be BANNED you'll think it's armageddon. Women will scream in terror, babies will cry, men will cower in the corner - it will be glorious.

But I shall sacrafice many half-virgins to you.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or