Topic Index
Killzone 2

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)

Anyone else with a PS3 pre-order it to get the demo?

All I can say is wow.

How's the demo so far?
I'm really pumped about the game. I enjoyed Killzone for the PS2.

It made me want to get a PS3.

leecho7:
How's the demo so far?

In two words: I came.

But seriously, it's only roughly 10 minutes of gameplay, but it's enough to convince me that it's going to be an excellent game. The graphics are the best I've ever seen, on console or PC The videos online don't do it anywhere near enough justice. It's one of the first games that has actually delivered that so-called "cinematic experience" to me. The controls felt good, and once you get used to the cover system, it's excellent. The only thing that could have made it better would be if my stupid brother didn't leave my dualshock controllers at his friend's house.

Despite all it's flaws, I liked the first Killzone as well, and felt that it had a lot of potential to be a great game/franchise, and Killzone 2 is not letting me down in this regard.

IMHO, if you have a PS3 and enjoy FPS's, it's definitely worth pre-ordering just to play the demo.

Chi:

leecho7:
How's the demo so far?

In two words: I came.

But seriously, it's only roughly 10 minutes of gameplay, but it's enough to convince me that it's going to be an excellent game. The graphics are the best I've ever seen, on console or PC The videos online don't do it anywhere near enough justice. It's one of the first games that has actually delivered that so-called "cinematic experience" to me. The controls felt good, and once you get used to the cover system, it's excellent. The only thing that could have made it better would be if my stupid brother didn't leave my dualshock controllers at his friend's house.

Despite all it's flaws, I liked the first Killzone as well, and felt that it had a lot of potential to be a great game/franchise, and Killzone 2 is not letting me down in this regard.

IMHO, if you have a PS3 and enjoy FPS's, it's definitely worth pre-ordering just to play the demo.

I got the demo yesterday and agree with most of what you said.
The cover system is great, not excellent though, Rainbow Six:Vegas 2 had the perfect cover system. The AI however is damn near top notch, I am too lazy/tired to type the rest so I'll just leave it at saying "This Game Will Be Ground Breaking".

Is there a PC demo?

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

Not at the moment, and afaik Killzone 2 is going to be PS3 exclusive.

For all of the people that didn't pre-order the game, all you have to do is make a EU account. The demo is really good though. But the problems I've got with the demo are. It is way to short, and the controls really suck(but can be changed). The good thing is that besides that, the game is great so far.

Complaining about controls when they can be changed is rather pointless. By the controls were good, I meant I could shoot where I wanted to without much effort, which I think is one of the things that makes or breaks a console shooter. If you want bad controls go play Turok (you can't even change them in that either).

Messed around with the RE5 demo as well. Once I got into the kind of gameplay it requires, I kinda enjoyed it, even with my AI partner. I imagine it'd be a great deal more fun in Co-Op. Although I do think that if your job requires you to carry a gun, you'd be smart enough to bring more then one extra clip with you, though that didn't matter so much once I fine-tuned my aiming a bit.

I wasn't really complaining about the controls. They were just awkward for me, having to press L3 to zoom kept messing me up. Its easy to "fix" so the controls can be how you want them.
Actually, the L3 thing was the only thing I had wrong with the controls. I always kept melee-ing the air. It's going to be an amazing game though! I can't wait!

So, it's out today over here (UK), my copy should be delivered in a couple of hours and I've got a half day so I can enjoy it at my own leisure. Have any of you guys got it yet? Thoughts?

hmmm i guess it's time for me to get a ps3 then.

I'm getting it this afternoon right after school. I just need my mom to give me it so I can play it :P

Chi:

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

02/27/2009 8:30 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

HELL YEA!

Also: Old, unfunny meme is old and unfunny.

So spent a good couple of hours playing it yesterday. It's good, to say the least. Technically brilliant, I haven't seen anything that looks or sounds better, that's for sure. Not much of a story though, although I suppose you are just playing as a regular soldier and not some giant green super soldier, how much story would a soldier really have, other than individual fights?

Online is pretty good, I like the how the gametype changes mid battle, one minute you're capturing a flag equivalent, next you're trying to take out one guy on their team, the next you're just trying to kill as many of 'em as possible. Good times.

Anarchemitis:

Chi:

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

Pwn.

Also..
My friend in America said it's possibly one of the best games ever, he said it's like "Playing Halo 3, Rainbow Six: Las vegas 2 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare: 2...and whilst on crack."

I don't think that is a possible description but that is what he said...

Danzorz:

Anarchemitis:

Chi:

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

Pwn.

Anarchemitis:

Danzorz:

Anarchemitis:

Chi:

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

Pwn.

I say old meme's are lame and you go and use another...are you lame sir?
Use lolcats, they are all the rage these days.
Also...
What does that even mean?!

One thing I've noticed that's kinda bugging me is how short you seem to be. Centered, you're crosshair is on everyone's torso rather then their heads, and it feels like you have to look up to set it on their heads. Nothing big, just something to get used to.

Chi:
One thing I've noticed that's kinda bugging me is how short you seem to be. Centered, you're crosshair is on everyone's torso rather then their heads, and it feels like you have to look up to set it on their heads. Nothing big, just something to get used to.

Kind of like playing as Oddjob in 007 Goldeneye for the n64.

Oddjob ftw!

MoonPenguin:

Kind of like playing as Oddjob in 007 Goldeneye for the n64.

Oddjob ftw!

Lol, I wish.

I guess it kinda makes sense since you're not looking down the sights every second your holding a rifle, and firing from the hip it would make sense, but you're eyes aren't on your chest..I guess it's an attempt at doing something differently, and I won't hold it against them since it doesn't make the game any less awesome and fun.

I've been playing it all day and I must say it's amazing. I love the character animation and the graphics. I don't really like the controls, but thats my only beef about the game.

sv93:
I've been playing it all day and I must say it's amazing. I love the character animation and the graphics. I don't really like the controls, but thats my only beef about the game.

I usually prefer the aim to be the L1 button, but with the cover system the way it is that gets somewhat cumbersome. Controls could definitely better, but they could also be far, far worse.

Chi:
I usually prefer the aim to be the L1 button, but with the cover system the way it is that gets somewhat cumbersome. Controls could definitely better, but they could also be far, far worse.

Yeah, I changed the controls to CoD:WaW (alternate 2). That's true though, they could be much worse. L1 is zoom in Alternate 2 though.

Yea that's what I've set mine to, I'm just not used to needing two fingers on the shoulders (L2 for cover, L1 for aim/zoom), it's way better then having to use R3 or whatever the standard is for zooming though.

I have to say that no matter how well a console is able to pull off a FPS, it is trumped by the quick and ease of use of a keyboard/mouse combo.
When I had the sniper rifle, I had to hold down L2 to hide behind cover, click L3 to zoom (which was default when I started playing), then hit the D-pad up to zoom in closer. There is no physical possible way for me doing this unless I use my right hand to hit the D-pad up.
But I changed the controls around a bit, and its not much of an issue anymore.
Other than that, what I like about Killzone 2 is the fact that it 'seems real'. The guns and weapons look, feel, and act as if they could be actual service rifles in the near or distant future. Except for the electric gun... which by the way is friggin awesome.
You're not a guy that wears a Sports Utility Vehicle as armor, nor is your neck bigger than the size of your head. But the testosterone is still there.
Now I wouldn't consider this 'teh best evar!1!' But I would consider it a great asset to the PS3 console, and a great game for any PS3 owner.

Hey if you guys would be interested, I made a PS3 Clan back at the Escapist. So you could play with people who aren't super annoying online.

/shameless self promotion

I'd say the default controls for Killzone are kinda dumb, I'm glad they included others or I'd be dying left right and centre :P

It's a shame that you can't fully customise your control set up, still it's not too bad and pretty easy to get used to.
Hey sv93, I might just join your clan....

Anarchemitis:

Chi:

guitar:
Is there a PC demo?

404 Funny Not Found. Would you like to revise your search?

Eagle Est1986:

There's always room for one more member. *says with another person* Join us Eagle, you wont be disappointed. *face forms into smile that's abnormally large*

sv93:

Eagle Est1986:

There's always room for one more member. *says with another person* Join us Eagle, you wont be disappointed. *face forms into smile that's abnormally large*

Sure, I've posted on your clan thread. I'll be away from my PS3 until later though, so I won't be able to send or accept friends requests until then.

Ok, I just beat the game on Veteran and unlocked the Elite difficulty. It took me roughly 6 and a half hours to beat it. I didn't bother with the hidden bonuses or try earning the trophies.
I tried playing online for a bit. Its pretty cool. Only thing is, if you abort a game you don't get experience at all, which blows. That would be my only gripe with online so far.
What I don't get is why the campaign is strictly single player. Throughout most of the game you always have a buddy. It feels like a co-op game to me, only you can't let other people play the secondary character.

This will probably sound really noobish, but how do you beat Radec in the end? I keep trying to find him but never can for some reason.

You have to kill wave after wave of helghast soldiers to trigger a way to the upper level. Then you do it again to trigger a cut scene that will lead you to his general area.
After that, you get to go 2 (with Rico, but he's completely useless) on 1 with Radec himself. He doesn't stay cloaked forever. He will reveal himself when he attacks.

(Pages: 1, 2 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or