Topic Index
Now here's a game to look foward to

Username:Password:
Log In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEaVgKDvFK4
Watch it in HD!

"Open world" racing.
No, I have no idea how that will work, but it looks friggin awesome!

This is now the third game I'm looking forward to this year. Looks like 2009 might be a lot better than last year for games.

easy as 2008 and 7 were piles of crap.
Also open world is easy to do in a racing game. Infact, most are. Need for Speed Carbon was open world racing, granted you were "guided" on some races. This game seems alright, but racers don't intrest me anymore, except Burnout Paradise.

carbon was about the only raceing game i ever got into...and GTR for a bit.Loved downhill drifting at night in my tweaked out Lancer.

edit, this looks like a higher rez version of MX vs ATV2, sept it woulnt auto correct when vearing way way off course I assume?

It really just seems like Motorstorm. If you liked Carbon Burnout you might like, no real costumization of cars though.

5000km of area to explore - most of it desert by the looks of things.

With tornadoes.

well, you need something to break up the 4990km of blank, featureless landscape.

That does look cool, didn't motorcross madness have open world racing? If I remember right that seemed to work out really well. Just had a series of checkpoints set and had to get through them all however you wanted faster then everyone else.

mrcheese:
well, you need something to break up the 4990km of blank, featureless landscape.

I'm sure you'll see cacti and maybe a mountain or 3. Every offroad racer needs a mountain.

You know, at first I thought the game was going to be like a Mad Max, Road Warrior type of game. Now that would be awesome.

Indeed, but I doubt anyone would do that for some reason.Now atleast.

It does look nice. I've got a feeling the open world aspect wont do much as it will all probably look the same.

leecho7:
You know, at first I thought the game was going to be like a Mad Max, Road Warrior type of game. Now that would be awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(video_game)

leecho7:

LivemeLifefree:
Indeed, but I doubt anyone would do that for some reason.Now atleast.

ID's up and coming game called rage looks like it might fill the spot for mad max racer quite well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38581.html

That proved me wrong rather quickly.

Eh, the environments look a bit deserted, and the racing physics looked a bit off. I like the idea though.

Don't get too excited about Rage yet. Racing and vehicles will be in tight closed and scripted sequences in between the FPS zones.

I was hoping for more, but you know ID, they keep their games very tight up.

Sigoya:
Don't get too excited about Rage yet. Racing and vehicles will be in tight closed and scripted sequences in between the FPS zones.

I was hoping for more, but you know ID, they keep their games very tight up.

I can live with well scripted racing events in a game provided they fit.

Bah on you all!
I don't play racing games very much. In fact the last one I've played was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. Yeah, seven years ago.
So keeping that in mind, this game is looking pretty awesome to me.

Oh, I can say, Hot Pursuit 1 and 2 were great. Burnout Paradise was pretty amazing, but the crash sequences started to annoy the crap out of me.

I remember when I got some old Racing game made by Codemasters that was like 4x4 Evolution 2, but lame. It does not compare.
Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Open-World, Racing, not Brown Next Gen graphics, subverted bottomless pits, all the goods that are to go are filled in my book.

I can not name a Codemaster game I've liked.

LivemeLifefree:
I can not name a Codemaster game I've liked.

Oh snap!

Overlord was fun, I'm pretty sure they didn't develop it though.

Like games they publish have a chance of turning out good, but as developers they're pretty bad. Not just with bad stories, but also bad gameplay. Like POW. That game is so bad. Usually you can pawn bad games off on friends, it took me half a year to pawn this off on someone and I had to sneak it in and ditch it and act like I've never seen the game before. Now that friend is having a problem getting rid of the game.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here