Topic Index
News sites?

Username:Password:
Log In

Ive been using my terribad default provider homepage for what seems like an eternity, and id like to replace it ASAP with something that has local/national news,seeing as thats all i use my current page for.

Right now it mainly shows USA news unless something major happens elsewhere, so id like something like this.I figure I could hit the big names like Fox or CNN, but im hopeing there is a better alternative.

You could try Drudge Report, my dad uses that.

I usually use BBC or CNN for my news. I do sometimes use CP24, a local news station, for my news fix.

I don't dump all my eggs into one basket. Drudge, Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC, Wired(yeah wtf right?), and USAToday are all sites I check regularly. At least one of them usually gets the story right. And of course I check local news stations and publications as well.

BBC news does it for me. You don't really have to hit up 5 different news sites when you have one you know was set up totally for impartiality and actually has official laws regarding its impartiality.

isent BBC euro? or canadian?

they cover worldwide, but sadly you won't find US local news on it. Unless there's some sort of BBC america i've never looked at.

Yeah, by the looks of things only major news events from America get onto the bbc site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/default.stm

*edit* dammit! i meant to edit my last post, not make a new one! Too tired!

well i will try Drudge, i realy just want a USA site, that covers world news only when something major is going on. But like I originaly mentioned, would like to avoid cnn/fox if possible, though its seeming those are the only options fitting my request.

Fox is so hardcore biased to the conservative right-wing it's ridiculous. CNN isn't all that much better.

I find CNN to be quite liberal, all a matter of perception i suppose. I use drudge just because of the random news (as well as they keep on top of things)

Balh, most news sources are biased in some way or another. Here's some choices based on your view point:

Conservative: Drudge Report
Liberal: Huffington Post
Neutral: BBC World
Other: Aljazeera English
Comic: The Onion

I typically check BBC and Aljazeera. Aljazeera sometimes cover interesting domestic (American, that is) issues and handles them quite even handedly.
I also like to check CNN and Fox once in a while, just to see what they're up to.

But for most of my crucial news needs, I use The Onion.

damn, this opend all kinda windows i could easily leave shut lol. Now im asking myself which of those groups my old news source falls into.

I guess in reading the responses ive come to realize that I can just check my local news channel sites. Seems for the most part, sense you can label each site with a bias, that what im looking for dosent exist.

heres a basic example of what i see on my crappy current home page...the page is crap bu the news groupings are satisfactory for me.

ex.
article 1
stimmulus update
article 2
NY plane crash
article 3
Issrel + Hammas treaty progress

and 2 others, forget which, but its simple diverse bullet points,never noticed a bias or considerd it.

Also, I tried Drudge report, its pretty damn good, thanks for the suggestion guys (gals?)

I just tried Druge, it's pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion

Yahoo news!

Go HERE, they know everything about anything that is worth knowing something about at any given time in your insignificant existance. They are the intellextual Powerhouzes of the interwebs.

Totally.

problem is im looking for News....not self inflicted torture on levels not yet depicted in books or movies.

"Why is fire not alive?"

A question that has plagued humanity since the dawn of time. GG escapist.

Hahaha, is that a legit topic?

mrcheese:
"Why is fire not alive?"

A question that has plagued humanity since the dawn of time. GG escapist.

LMAO EXACLTY!

LivemeLifefree:

Yup, i clicked the posted link, saw it near the bottom of page 1.

whats wrong with that? Hell id like to create a follow up topic.

"Can water ever turely die?"

shizzie:
whats wrong with that? Hell id like to create a follow up topic.

"Can water ever turely die?"

That made me laugh way more than it should have.

I say go for it.

mrcheese:

LivemeLifefree:

Yup, i clicked the posted link, saw it near the bottom of page 1.

Either our inferior WarCry brains can't handle the logic in that, or they were mixed on who's inferior and who's not.

Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here