Topic Index
Top 5 Threads that would not last on WC forums

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 NEXT)

1. What's your IQ?
2. What is more important Intelligence or being smarter than everyone else in the world?
3. What makes all girlz like you?
4. What do you like about girlz?
5. What makes you super smart, intelligent, talented, and able to land any girlz that you wantz by posting on gaming forums on the internetz?

Now I'm going to go back to a site I will let remain nameless and sift through the pseudo-intellectual afterbirth of a couple more threads before taking a dull pencil and placing it firmly between my eyes via my right temple.

@#$%!!!!

That's why you immediately jump to page two. Most of the time.

Jesus. Oh, you forgot RP threads.
By the way <3 Greever. :D

So "Favorite Evee Evolution/Form" would fly here? Nice!

You misunderstand greever, as we've been told MANY times, those are all highly intellectual threads that our tiny warcry brains simply couldn't grasp.

I had wanted to make a post like this, but trawling through the sheer inanity of the escapist off-topic nearly sent me into a coma.

The thing that just about sent me off the deep end is that it is the same garbage EVERY time I visit the site. This was the first time I visited it in over 3 weeks and it was the SAME crap, just new threads. Gimme a break. How "intellectual" can a 12 year old really be? I'd say 80%+ of these kids haven't even hit 20. They all have to have their own bruised palm prints on their backs...

Actually Greever, lots of people with about 500+ posts, or the vagabond badge, know about you. They see your Forum Inferno badge and add you and/or remember your name. It's certainly true that there are lots of threads on the Escapist that have been made time and time again.

Brace yourself, I sense potential for another invasion if this thread picks up steam.
I'll bring the popcorn this time.

If we get invaded, I say we all pop over to the escapist and restart all of our normal threads there, totally blanking any responses from non-warcry people.

mrcheese:
If we get invaded, I say we all pop over to the escapist and restart all of our normal threads there, totally blanking any responses from non-warcry people.

Sounds like fun!

Chi:
I'll bring the popcorn this time.

I'll bring the chips, anyone want any particular flavors? Or any types of dip?

Chi:

mrcheese:

Sounds like fun!

Do I count as a warcry-ian?

No

mrcheese:

It'd do it, but I want me neo badge.
What determines a Warcry member? Just the OG's or are us newbies included too?

LivemeLifefree:

mrcheese:

It'd do it, but I want me neo badge.
What determines a Warcry member? Just the OG's or are us newbies included too?

You have to pass the test.

Show me such test. But I warn you, the max I'll do is 2 hours in the closet with anyone, except Wolfkin 10 minutes.

mrcheese:
No

Geeez, I still say I'm a semi forum transplant though.

mrcheese:
No

I love people who are willing to be brutally honest so I don't have to do it and feel bad.

Thank you cheese.

I never got a direct answer, or where the said test is.

Live, you appeared at least a month before greever's happy fun adventure to the escapist, so I think you qualify as a warcry-ee.

The test will be administered soon, it involves leecho naked, I will say no more.

Woo, and I've been with Leecho before. The first night here, I wandered into one of the dark alley threads....

Damn, looks like I can't pass said test. Oh well, I'll try to survive in limbo, not quite a Warcry-er not quite an Escapist. Me and Berethond can form a club!

The rejects?

LivemeLifefree:
The rejects?

hater.

Greever:

LivemeLifefree:
The rejects?

hater.

You know it. Infact at one forum I go to I only post in the hate forum.

LivemeLifefree:
The rejects?

Pretty much. No one likes us.

I enjoy berethond's presence.

I'm not saying I don't either, but he was rejected by cheese.

Okay, we understand that the Escapist isn't nearly the wonderful place of wit and biting sarcasm as it makes itself out to be.

That said......Well, I even made a thread about how I hated what the Escapist was turning into. It got locked quite quickly, but not before I alienated a ton of people. The Escapist doesn't want to acknowledge that it's becoming a really unfun place.

I guess what I'm saying is......I don't like the Escapist anymore. A few posters I still like, but most of that place just leaves me with the taste of sucralose-sweetened lemonade in my mouth.

Oh, and if you want to see my little rant, then by all means, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.85715

You'll see that the posts deriding my rant are from posters who have been there for a long time or have lots of posts, surprise, surprise.

I wish the Escapist wasn't turning into a place of inane babble, but......Well, at least there's WarCry, where the elitist attitude isn't so pervasive that even outsiders like me are allowed to post without too much indignation from people who've been here for years.

EDIT: I'm sorry if that was pointless- I just needed to do a bit of venting for the sake of my sanity.

Feel better?

Yes, I feel much better, thank you.

I can sympathize with Jamanticus's sentiments that the Escapist is decaying, that which I have seen, Warcry still retains many negative effects that the Escapist has as well.
Maybe I will find a new forum somewhere yonder, and reinvent my internet persona.

No blood was spilled. I am disappointed.

Jamanticus:
Okay, we understand that the Escapist isn't nearly the wonderful place of wit and biting sarcasm as it makes itself out to be.

That said......Well, I even made a thread about how I hated what the Escapist was turning into. It got locked quite quickly, but not before I alienated a ton of people. The Escapist doesn't want to acknowledge that it's becoming a really unfun place.

I guess what I'm saying is......I don't like the Escapist anymore. A few posters I still like, but most of that place just leaves me with the taste of sucralose-sweetened lemonade in my mouth.

Oh, and if you want to see my little rant, then by all means, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.85715

You'll see that the posts deriding my rant are from posters who have been there for a long time or have lots of posts, surprise, surprise.

I wish the Escapist wasn't turning into a place of inane babble, but......Well, at least there's WarCry, where the elitist attitude isn't so pervasive that even outsiders like me are allowed to post without too much indignation from people who've been here for years.

EDIT: I'm sorry if that was pointless- I just needed to do a bit of venting for the sake of my sanity.

Don't worry, we love you.
I find with Warcry a lot of the etlitist atitude is a joke, or so I think. It's off-topic is a very laid back community, which I like. However, it's game forums aren't so loose, and I dare not tempt there.

See one thing that bugs me about the Escapist is they have rules or limited swearing, no posting of memes, and no images or anything. But a member who's been there for 2 years + or 2k posts+ can break any rule and have nothing said or done by the mods.
Also one thing I found funny about the comments in your rant was new members were speaking of pro-elitism for old members, as if they were old members. One who had 800 posts and had litterally just signed up said to close down registration that the Escapist had enough posters to keep enough discussions for the forum to live. I've always found the Escapist to be funny because newly signed up members quickly get upto 1000+ posts and act like they've been there for years. They pretty much refer to them selves as old timers. With every forum I go to I've never called my self an old timer unless I lasted 3 years sometimes 5, or if I was there since the forum's start.

LivemeLifefree:

See one thing that bugs me about the Escapist is they have rules or limited swearing, no posting of memes, and no images or anything. But a member who's been there for 2 years + or 2k posts+ can break any rule and have nothing said or done by the mods.
Also one thing I found funny about the comments in your rant was new members were speaking of pro-elitism for old members, as if they were old members. One who had 800 posts and had litterally just signed up said to close down registration that the Escapist had enough posters to keep enough discussions for the forum to live. I've always found the Escapist to be funny because newly signed up members quickly get upto 1000+ posts and act like they've been there for years. They pretty much refer to them selves as old timers. With every forum I go to I've never called my self an old timer unless I lasted 3 years sometimes 5, or if I was there since the forum's start.

That's what bugs me too. I may be new to this Warcry forum, so I don't know if anyone knows/knew about the old Moderator Joe. My wishful thinking is that the Escapist would be a much different place if he was still around.

(Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or