Topic Index
Top 5 Threads that would not last on WC forums

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4 NEXT)

Anarchemitis:

LivemeLifefree:

See one thing that bugs me about the Escapist is they have rules or limited swearing, no posting of memes, and no images or anything. But a member who's been there for 2 years + or 2k posts+ can break any rule and have nothing said or done by the mods.
Also one thing I found funny about the comments in your rant was new members were speaking of pro-elitism for old members, as if they were old members. One who had 800 posts and had litterally just signed up said to close down registration that the Escapist had enough posters to keep enough discussions for the forum to live. I've always found the Escapist to be funny because newly signed up members quickly get upto 1000+ posts and act like they've been there for years. They pretty much refer to them selves as old timers. With every forum I go to I've never called my self an old timer unless I lasted 3 years sometimes 5, or if I was there since the forum's start.

That's what bugs me too. I may be new to this Warcry forum, so I don't know if anyone knows/knew about the old Moderator Joe. My wishful thinking is that the Escapist would be a much different place if he was still around.

I've herd stories of ol' Joe.(I like saying that, dunno why.)
I also like how the mod who closed the thread basically said,"It's not your job to find faults in our members, but if you do PM us, so we'll basically do nothing."

Another thread to not last on WC:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.89210 Titled Your Girlfriend and Pimples

eww, hand pimples

To be fair, that thread got locked in twenty minutes, which may or may not be good. I don't really know.

I've heard stories about Joe too. He sounds like he wouldn't have put up with most of the stuff going on now.

I can assure that Joe if he came back, would ban like ten people a day.
He was around exceedingly far before the invention of the suspension, or the probation. It was a straight ban for three days, seven days, or a permaban.

Sounds awesome, except that I would have probably gotten banned for something. I have some 'spammy' moments.

I would've been clean. I tried to stay ontopic while there, but it's damn near impossible.

Even if you stay on topic there, there's a great risk that the reply to your topic will be an insultingly tangential mess of philosophical arguments when the point you were making had nothing to do with philosophy...

If there's any point where I should ease up on the ranting about my former home, let me know.

Not anymore, Jamanticus. Now we just get these lovely threads about boob size. Oh I'm so excited.

Oh yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

I remember when the off-topic here on warcry used to be the same way.
I had my fair share in debates, discussions, arguments, and even some flaming over the years.
We used to go through the list of controversial issues such as: Hurricane Katrina, the Terry Shiavo case,
religion, and if I can remember there was a thread entirely dedicated to people who hated rap music, and many more.
In the end, many of us realized that it was just pointless.
If someone is hardheaded and already has a set view/bias on a certain subject matter, typically they would just type down what they want to get off their chest while not bothering to read the rest of the thread.

I know most of the people here on Warcry are smart, intelligent, witty even though they don't demonstrate it in their posts.
Well.. except for Cheese. He's so f'd up on Jagermeisters I'm sure he believes he's writing a letter to his mommy while posting here. However, he is a god damn sexy beast. If you're as sexy as Cheese, you don't need a brain... cause one night I accidently blended his own brain in an experimental drink and had him drink it, Hannibal Lecter style, and he was still able to sing his ABC's.

I also frequent a forum for Mac users. The community there has already been through what this forum's been through. Nothing really changes. Everyone, in the end, just decides to agree to disagree.

Anarchemitis:
That's what bugs me too. I may be new to this Warcry forum, so I don't know if anyone knows/knew about the old Moderator Joe. My wishful thinking is that the Escapist would be a much different place if he was still around.

Oh joe left? I remember when he was still moderating, right around the time when I was a new user. Any idea why he left?

berethond:

LivemeLifefree:
The rejects?

Pretty much. No one likes us.

Wait, no one likes us. Awhh *sadface* Oh well, AnarchemItis can also join us in Limbo, seeing that he's new to Warcry.

berethond:
Not anymore, Jamanticus. Now we just get these lovely threads about boob size. Oh I'm so excited.

Oh yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

Yeah, what's up with all those threads? They all popped up within one hour of each other. I'm sure they will not last long.

Back to topic: I can assure you that gold spam topics get booted faster than a weasel on a Stomping Day.

No, those topics stay and get posts in.

LivemeLifefree:
No, those topics stay and get posts in.

Only if they pay us first *counts virtual gold*

Ofcourse not here at WarCry. We know you guys are easily bribed.
If I may pull from another forum I go to, someone has a thead up that the goverment is refusing to let information up on a satilite crash that will cause all computers to crash.

Your crazy! That game is going to suck donkey di...Sorry, thought this was a Darkfall thread.

Leecho is indeed correct. I've been awake 2 hours and i'm already drunk off my ass.

LivemeLifefree:
Another thread to not last on WC:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.89210 Titled Your Girlfriend and Pimples

I love Niclyphers last comment. "I turn my back for 5 minutes..."

sv93:

Anarchemitis:

Oh joe left? I remember when he was still moderating, right around the time when I was a new user. Any idea why he left?

He made a thread on the Escapist. He had to quit from Themis Group for personal reasons.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.60692#477638

Anarchemitis:
He made a thread on the Escapist. He had to quit from Themis Group for personal reasons.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.60692#477638

Yes, I read that the other day when Nukeclassic went on a rant about how the forums have changed since he's been here.

And Joe had posted that several months before you joined. So you probably just saw some of his posts around or something, he wasn't actually around during your early days.

I've always loved the off-topic portion of the warcry forums, it's a wonderful place to vent and meet people I'd never meet in real life; read: Interesting people.

Not sure how long a thread can be dormant before it's considered a thread necromancy here on Warcry, or if that even matters here, but I'd like to say my piece, if ye don't mind.

The escapist as a whole is a pretty big joke as far as the self proclaimed intellectualism is concerned. But I don't post there for the threads about religion or music anyway, like that Leecho fellow already said, it's ultimately pointless, as it all boils down to personal preference.

I'm just looking for threads about dragons and Dinosaurs, whether I find them in Warcry or the escapist is unimportant, but I will however echo the words of anyone who said that this site is much more laid back.

I still get the feeling that people here are relatively indifferent to my presence, or simply view me as another post count whore from the escapist. But I've seen sites where new users have been treated much worse, and the escapist is becoming one of them.

Thread Necromancy isnt illegal, especially so long as its on topic and if you think about it. Practising thread necromancy actually helps the bandwidth of the site and keeps the amount of repeat threads down to a minimum.

Thread Necromancy: Im in ur forums, rezzen ur threads.

The Iron Ninja:
Not sure how long a thread can be dormant before it's considered a thread necromancy here on Warcry, or if that even matters here, but I'd like to say my piece, if ye don't mind.

The escapist as a whole is a pretty big joke as far as the self proclaimed intellectualism is concerned. But I don't post there for the threads about religion or music anyway, like that Leecho fellow already said, it's ultimately pointless, as it all boils down to personal preference.

I'm just looking for threads about dragons and Dinosaurs, whether I find them in Warcry or the escapist is unimportant, but I will however echo the words of anyone who said that this site is much more laid back.

I still get the feeling that people here are relatively indifferent to my presence, or simply view me as another post count whore from the escapist. But I've seen sites where new users have been treated much worse, and the escapist is becoming one of them.

I haven't really seen anything to be annoyed by with your presence. As far as I can recall, your posts have been on target.

The Iron Ninja:

I've liked since I joined the Escapist.

Yay, I'm sort of accepted.
Now I just need to branch out from the threads I've been posting on, as staying solely within threads about the fucking escapist probably isn't helping my attempt to break in my new Warcry shoes.

These new warcry shoes are pretty snazzy by the way.

You really came at an odd time. Here and there a few will be about the Escapist mostly because they said our WarCry brains couldn't handle the intellect at the Escapist. The other posts are fun too.

LivemeLifefree:
The other posts are fun too.

I have no doubt that they are, but it's still very much a case of being the new kid, amongst all these people who know each other quite well by now, and not knowing where and when to start edging myself into the conversation.
Don't try to fit me in out of pity though, I'm an idiot, but I'll work it out eventually.
And then... Then you shall all know the name Iron Ninja. And probably wish you didn't.

Since there hasn't been too many of these in the thread as of late, I bring you another edition of escapist fail theatre

Here ya go
At least the moderators were pretty fast at locking it I guess.

Well, I only came last year, and then 4 others just came over. Really, we're not going to pity accept you, but we'll accept. At the WarCry I've seen them accept people quicker then most communities.

berethond:
And Joe had posted that several months before you joined. So you probably just saw some of his posts around or something, he wasn't actually around during your early days.

Yeah I just realized that a couple of days ago.

I have over the past days become disillusioned with the internet and all it entails.
We boast about egotism, we curse and we chatter, nothing much is ever done. A revolutionary game is released, an exhuberant yay or nay, five months later no one cares anymore. Their opinion having been "baked" (as we call certain textures in the CG industry, basically "completely engrained or solidified), everyone begins in earnest theo whole process over the next imaginative video game, shite video game, trite movie and sell-out music album and the neverto-be-released Who album "Who's Left?" or somesuch.

This is all compounded with the fact that I myself, will now dictate narcissistically that I am loved for my large postage count and au forte old user join time, boasting half a million views video on Youtube with 200 subscribers, and as such one could be deluded into thinking that everyone must be entitled to my opinion.

A heart and soul essay of 3,000 words is desponded with "tl:dr".

Description is agreed, not acted upon and promptly forgotten.

A young man pours his heart and soul into his life story which due to it may have corrupted him for the rest of his days, commentated to the tune of "Grow a backbone, wuss."

I ask the world "Do you care if I live or die?". They tell me "Marginally" or "I wouldn't beleive you."

How much should I care for probably less than a gram of electrons that represents billions of man-hours of effort, lifetimes of toil and countless thousands upon trillions of international monentary value?

Certainly not enough to post it on the internet. If I told it I was suicidal, it would tell me to do a barrel roll. image
Therefore the problem is children, ignorance, and the pursuit of agony of others for laughs, and cheap entertainment. But above all I blame the fact that there is as of recent, no way to constrain the difference between seriousness and comedy.
It scares me that while I'm making an animation of a freight train obliterating a truck, the final title I make on it could go either way: Public Service announcement with "1500 people are killed each year at level crossings" or a 4Chan-esque Youtube Poop with "You fail".

/rant

On topic, this post could definitively be a thread on the Escapist, and it would either result in Wilsonscazybed berating me for caring about the state of the internet and a Lock, or no one caring to read it at all, and it fades away into the archives.

I'll admit, too long too read it all.

Anarchemitis:
If I told it I was suicidal, it would tell me to do a barrel roll.

Couldn't help myself...

Anarchemitis:
I have over the past days become disillusioned with the internet and all it entails.
We boast about egotism, we curse and we chatter, nothing much is ever done. A revolutionary game is released, an exhuberant yay or nay, five months later no one cares anymore. Their opinion having been "baked" (as we call certain textures in the CG industry, basically "completely engrained or solidified), everyone begins in earnest theo whole process over the next imaginative video game, shite video game, trite movie and sell-out music album and the neverto-be-released Who album "Who's Left?" or somesuch.

This is all compounded with the fact that I myself, will now dictate narcissistically that I am loved for my large postage count and au forte old user join time, boasting half a million views video on Youtube with 200 subscribers, and as such one could be deluded into thinking that everyone must be entitled to my opinion.

A heart and soul essay of 3,000 words is desponded with "tl:dr".

Description is agreed, not acted upon and promptly forgotten.

A young man pours his heart and soul into his life story which due to it may have corrupted him for the rest of his days, commentated to the tune of "Grow a backbone, wuss."

I ask the world "Do you care if I live or die?". They tell me "Marginally" or "I wouldn't beleive you."

How much should I care for probably less than a gram of electrons that represents billions of man-hours of effort, lifetimes of toil and countless thousands upon trillions of international monentary value?

Certainly not enough to post it on the internet. If I told it I was suicidal, it would tell me to do a barrel roll. image
Therefore the problem is children, ignorance, and the pursuit of agony of others for laughs, and cheap entertainment. But above all I blame the fact that there is as of recent, no way to constrain the difference between seriousness and comedy.
It scares me that while I'm making an animation of a freight train obliterating a truck, the final title I make on it could go either way: Public Service announcement with "1500 people are killed each year at level crossings" or a 4Chan-esque Youtube Poop with "You fail".

/rant

On topic, this post could definitively be a thread on the Escapist, and it would either result in Wilsonscazybed berating me for caring about the state of the internet and a Lock, or no one caring to read it at all, and it fades away into the archives.

tl:dr

I have to admit, people's reaction to Fish Food Carl's (really sad) bit made me very angry.
But life goes on. The internet goes on. And one day, maybe society will realize what an ass it's been. Until then, I'm going to have to take my solace from the few small pockets of decency.

There is a world beyone the internet, though.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2, 3, 4 NEXT)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or