Topic Index
Favorite game developers?

Username:Password:
Log In
 (Pages: PREV 1, 2)

Anarchemitis:

mrcheese:

Relic - I'm a bit of a DoW fan, so I love em.

They're about an hours' drive from where I live. Maybe I'll go pick up some swag on my/your behalf.
For me.

I want some sext Relic Swag.

Niceven:
All the employee's in the GameStops I goto all have the PS3, XBox 360, Wii and a PC. My stores are better than all of yours combined and multiplied by...infinity. ^^

I prefer them being one console specific, like they all have all three(some with a PC) but their prime knowledge is in one console. So they have a PS3, 360, and if they have one on roll a Wii "expert" on duty. PC gaming isn't a big thing here so they barely look for PC people.

valve hands down

I'm seriously getting tired of Escapist people coming in and posting in every forum possible with as minimal thought for that damn vagabond badge.

LivemeLifefree:
I'm seriously getting tired of Escapist people coming in and posting in every forum possible with as minimal thought for that damn vagabond badge.

Yea, it's really pathetic. I saw one post in a thread that was several years old in one of the game forums. Kinda funny how myself and I imagine most of the WarCry oldies got all our badges retroactively. Badgewhoring ftl.

Man, it really bugs me because they post in every thread with an "Umm... okay" to an "I agree". I really think there needs to be a punishment for that.

LivemeLifefree:
Man, it really bugs me because they post in every thread with an "Umm... okay" to an "I agree". I really think there needs to be a punishment for that.

Tar and feathering? Or something more severe like having them hanged, drawn and quartered?

Tar and Feathering sounds nice.

Chi:

LivemeLifefree:

Yea, it's really pathetic. I saw one post in a thread that was several years old in one of the game forums. Kinda funny how myself and I imagine most of the WarCry oldies got all our badges retroactively. Badgewhoring ftl.

Yup, at least 90% of the badges I have now just appeared as soon as badges were available.

Same here, Senor Queso.

Ubisoft
SCEA
Sierra
THQ
SquareEnix

But to be honest the company behind a game isn't as important as the actual game, any developer can surprise you with a fantastic title, and many will dissaopint.

Sgt. Dante:

But to be honest the company behind a game isn't as important as the actual game, any developer can surprise you with a fantastic title, and many will dissaopint.

Agreed. However, there is one developer that I really like. SCEI International Production Studio 1, the team behind ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.
Although I only know of two of their games, both have really captivated me through their gameplay, story, and overall immersion.

Another developer is Clover Studios, which unfortunately closed down after releasing the amazing Okami and Viewitful Joe series.

Hmmm... it's hard to name just one favourite. Valve are good but then HL2 is more than a little over-rated. I'm a big fan of Bioware, though I'm slightly concerned by their EA take over. I like Kojima Productions as well, though I'm not sure what they're gonna be doing with themselves now. I also quite like Ubisoft, though they've made a lot of crap recently.

Ubisoft = publisher not developer (mostly)

They have an in-house development team (i think their in house group did assassin's creed) but most ubisoft games these days are just from outside developers.

I thought they still developed most of their big products?
I know they developed Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia and Rainbow Six: Vegas, that's enough for me to consider them one of my favourite developers.

And Raving Rabbids!

Creative Assembly and Bioware. Black Island before its downfall.

Singletrac (later GT Interactive): Creators of the most fun vehicular combat games, most notably Twisted Metal 1&2. The others were Critical Depth (sub combat) and Rogue Trip (TM with tourists :p). They also made Warhawk and Jet Moto 1 and 2.

Square Enix is my other favorite, of course.

I thought people who made God of War did Twisted Metal.
And the people who did 2 did Small Brawl.

Strangely, one of my favorites is still Capcom. I'm a huge fan of their work.

Why strangely? They put out a lot of good games.

They've been around forever. It's odd they've managed to maintain their solid repertoire of games.

LivemeLifefree:
I thought people who made God of War did Twisted Metal.
And the people who did 2 did Small Brawl.

It's all the same. Singletrac people eventually formed Incognito, which did Small Brawl and Black. One name pops up in all of that: David Jaffe.

Jaffe is pretty amazing in my book, I wish they'd make a new Twisted Metal. That'd give me more reason to actually start saving up for a PS3.

MoonPenguin:
They've been around forever. It's odd they've managed to maintain their solid repertoire of games.

Unlike some companies they seem to mildly follow "If it's not broken, don't fix it" or whatever variation you use.

I have always been a fan of DICE

Ehh I like Infinity Ward :)

tough call, but right now I think it goes to Valve, and bioware. There are many gems from other developers, but I personally find those two mentioned to be more consistent.

I've always liked Relic and Bioware. Oh Criterion isn't too bad either.

I would like to add Polyphony Digital for creating Gran Turismo. Quite possibly my favorite out of all the racing sims series out there.

I adding Nintendo to my list.

(Pages: PREV 1, 2)
Topic Index

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with WarCry:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook