The Alganon team has released a new patch sporting a healthy list of bug fixes and game enhancements. The team has also release the short term plan for the future of Alganon. Keep reading!
Gameplay Enhancements, Game Balance and New Features
- The Alganon Launcher is no longer required to play Alganon, using Alganon.exe instead of the Launcher will allow you to enter Alganon one step faster. You will still want to use the Launcher (or "AlganonPatcher" in your Start Menu) to download patches.
- You may no longer send account-wide mail to your own account.
- Significantly improved mail performance for characters with large amounts of mail.
- Removed the limit on visible mail temporarily imposed in the last patch.
- Nameplate view distance slider has been added to the Interface Options.
- Mail Icons have been added to the Mailbox interface.
- Players can now choose what information is displayed in NPC nameplates, ranging from NPC names, health, and faction.
- Added Target of Target and Focus Target options.
- Added a soft selection method; it should now be easier to loot mobs.
- Moving UI elements around will now display a blue glow where they are going to dock.
- The global cooldown will now cancel when the player interupts their own spell casting, allowing them to switch spells faster.
- Added a tooltip to the ingame clock which will display local time as well as game time.
- Antialiasing options were added to Video Options.
- Added a death stone to Northwestern for players who die in Wash Targ.
- Bur Clasp - Northern Dig: Improved the AI of Krash'dunn the Immortal.
- The default Loot Rule is now Need Before Greed.
- Trial players now play on the regular servers with Trial restrictions in place.
- Lusha'aton: Both parts of this instance have received a balancing pass to make it more challenging for players.
Read the rest of the patch notes HERE.
And as to the future:
Our short term roadmap (what they are working on now) is below.
- Adding more items to our Tribute micro-transaction shop. These include the following which will be available through use of Tributes:
- Add more/new items (e.g. standard & vanity items) to the shop
- Implement a Roulette wheel which you can win Tribute, items etc.
- Offer all mounts for sale as permanent mounts
- Ability to purchase fully buffed character outfits
- Offer reset tokens (using Tribute instead of Gold)
- Various packages which can be purchased on weekly or monthly basis
- Ability to modify equipment (e.g. sell dyes for their armor, clothes etc)
- Ability to "skin" mounts (e.g. users may want to have a different skin for their mount to make it look different)
- Implement a Consignment House
While the Auction House is for the sale of items, Consignment House is for players to post requests for items to be made or found. This allows players to set up and participate in player-based "item quests" within the Consignment house.
We understand the need to separate crafting from adventuring. Some of you want to stick around town and become the local blacksmith, without being required to go out and hunt for ingots and other materials in some risky adventure. Others of you are the opposite, thriving on pure adventure. With the Consignment system and auction houses available in key areas, you can find and request what you need to continue crafting, without needing to adventure into far-off areas.
- Players can post requests for items to be made or found.
- Balances out material needs for those that may not wish to directly obtain those materials.
- Allows players to setup and participate in player-based "Item Quests" within the Consignment house.
- Gives players who only have a short time to play something to do. It is quick to hop on the Consignment house, pick an order to fill, and craft or gather those items.
Taming animals and controlling creatures with magic is part of playing specific classes in ALGANON. These companions will grow with their master, protect them, and can even have their look customized.
- Add "Heroic" content for level 50+ characters
- Add new classes
- Implement PvP
- Improve the server architecture so that it can handle increased traffic, loads etc.
- Continue addressing bug fixes, implementing tweaks etc.