The latest State of the Game has been published at the official Star Trek Online site. Readers are given a lot of information about what will be coming to the game over the next several months. Read on!
Everything Coming Soon (That Isn't Part of Season 2)
You may have already seen it in d Stahl's engineering reports, but we have a lot of great things coming in the next several months:
- The Accolade System - I know how much you guys have been wanting this, and I have to admit, I'm pretty stoked about it, too. Track your achievements. How much phaser damage have you dealt in your career? How many Federation officers have you shuffled off this mortal coil (assuming you're playing a Klingon. No killing your allies, guys!)?
- The Squad System - This will let you team up with other players who aren't in your level, and lets your effectiveness match so you can play together.
- Balance Adjustments - We have those DPS/recharge/global-ability-cooldown adjustments that many of our high-end players have been requesting. Log into Tribble and check them out. Give us your feedback! We're testing it out now, so this is when we need to hear from you the most. Also - don't forget to log into Tribble to "play with the devs" early next week. We'll be there, will you?
- UI Improvements - We're working on a window that will show you when rewards happen during normal character advancement (powers, unlocks, bridge officer reqs, etc.).
- Bug Fixes and Improvements - We're always working on fixes and improvements, because a game developer's job is never done.
Read the rest at the link above.