The full patch notes for the Everquest 2 update, Halas Reborn, have been published. The patch has brought about several nice changes, including those to the initial starter areas. Read on!
- The city of New Halas, namesake of the original city of the Northmen destroyed by cataclysm and war, sits in the heart of the isle of Erollis, a treacherous land of biting temperatures and aggressive fauna within the freezing waters of the Frostfang Sea. Originally a village of war hardened dwarves, it has since grown due to being blessed by Mithaniel Marr and reconnected with the Shattered Lands of Norrath. Pilgrims to New Halas can find their way there via a griffin at the docks in the Butcherblock Mountains. New characters created for New Halas will start at Pilgrim's Landing, an encampment near the isle of Erollis, in the zone Frostfang Sea.
THE ICY KEEP: RETRIBUTION
- A new level 90+ x4 raid dungeon with associated quests is aimed to give players an easy to moderate challenge! The pesky Frostfoots have found a new way into the Icy Keep and this time the Ice Maidens are ready for them! Join Snarf, Gerbi and many more in their quest to rid themselves of the newly hatched Ice Dragon, Vrewwx! Consider yourselves warned, however... Before entering you might want to bring 23 of your friends to help you get past his guardians.
- There is a battle raging as powerful elemental forces gather deep beneath the earth. Only the most powerful raiding parties can hope to prevail in the Underfoot Depths.
- A new "Storyline" tab has been added to the bottom of the Quest journal. The Storyline window will help you keep track of the many adventures you encounter as you explore the world of Norrath. Additionally, the Storyline window will help lead you to new adventures as they become available for you to enjoy!
- Storylines are color coded by status:
- Gold indicates that you have not picked up any quests for this storyline.
- White indicates you have made some progress in this storyline even if it is just picking up the first quest in it.
- Grey indicates you have completed all quests in this storyline.
There is a LOT more to read so be sure to head to the link above and check out the full list of changes.