Skipped over the patch notes, but your server is still down? We've got you covered.
Having fun refreshing the server list, anxiously awaiting your server to be up so you can try out the new patch 4.0.1? We are too. Just in case if, in your haste to log in, respec, regem, and cry because you can no longer make money selling arrows, you accidentally skipped over reading the full patch notes, here they are, in all of their 4.0.1-ish glory:
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.1
- The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
Cataclysm Systems Patch
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be in stores on December 7, 2010 and the time has come to prep for the official launch by implementing its first major patch. Players can experience many major game and user interface systems updates in the first official patch for the upcoming third expansion, patch 4.0.1.
Cataclysm Launcher Update
- The new Cataclysm Launcher allows you to stream game data while you play. This will reduce the time you spend downloading, installing, and patching World of Warcraft. We'd like to get your feedback on the toolset and gameplay experience. Please head to the forums here for additional information: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14574501095&sid=1
- Players can now visit special Reforging NPCs in capital cities located near Enchanting trainers. 40% of any one secondary stat on an item can be can be allocated to add a new secondary stat to the item. The stat being added cannot already exist on the item. An item cannot have more than one reforged stat at a time, though the Reforging of an item can be undone and changed.
Dungeons & Raids
Flexible Raid Lock System
- Icecrown Citadel and Ruby Sanctum now use the new Flexible Raid Lock system. This system provides the opportunity for a character to defeat each raid zone's encounters once a week. A character may now complete the encounters during the week with different raids of either 10 or 25 players.
- Learn more about this feature by visiting our official forums here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14713237976&sid=1
- The Chill of the Throne effect has been removed.
PvE Currency Changes
- All Emblems of Frost and Emblems of Triumph have been converted to new Justice Points.
- Any dungeon or raid which awarded these emblems will reward Justice Points instead. Anything below Emblems of Triumph, including badges from The Burning Crusade dungeon and raid content, have been converted into gold and sent to players via the in-game mail system.
- Any bosses players defeat that are level-appropriate to them award Justice Points.
- All items that previously cost emblems or badges of any type now cost Justice Points.
- Higher-tier Valor Points will be awarded to players who kill dungeon and raid bosses in the latest tier of PvE content after the launch of Cataclysm.