eSports. It's what's for dinner.
Competitive gaming, or eSports, is massively popular these days. With daily tournaments and huge prizepools constantly on the line, watching pro gamers at their hardest can be insanely fun. I've known this for years, and now Papa John's, one of the top pizza companies in the world, is getting on board and teaming up with various eSports teams and organizations to support them and bring fans a special 50% off promotion.
"This week, we will have an opportunity to introduce another mainstream company to esports," said Victor "Liquid`Nazgul" Goossens in a statement. "Evil Geniuses, Liquid, and ROOT, alongside OneMoreGame.TV and the DotA 2 League, will be working with Papa John's this week to show them what our teams and fans can do."
The promotion is now live until May 27 and to participate, eSports fans in North America have to go to the Papa John's eSports site and click on whichever team, player, or personality they want to support. Then, simply order a pizza as normal and enter the promo code PIZZAGG at the top of the page for a 50% discount.
To make the promo more exciting, different rewards will be offered as more and more pizzas are ordered. The full list of tier rewards are:
- Tier 1 - 25 Papa John's gift cards given to fans who've purchased pizza
- Tier 2 - 25 Legendary LoL Skins or D2L Ticket/Courier Bundles to fans who've purchased pizza
- Tier 3 - 25 EG or TL mousepads given to fans who've purchased pizza
- Tier 4 - 25 EG, Liquid, or ROOT shirts to fans who've purchased pizza
- Tier 5 - EG, Liquid, or ROOT players (selected by community) will conduct a series of live, on-stream AMAs
- Tier 6 - EG, Liquid, and ROOT cross-game showmatches
- Tier 7 - EG pizza eating contest between Machine, HuK, and DeMusliM casted by djWHEAT
- Tier 8 - iNcontroL and TLO will switch teams for a week and act as head coaches in an EG vs. Liquid off-race showmatch
- Tier 9 - EG.LoL will film a special music video cover, with the song selected by the community
- Tier 10 - EG, Liquid, and ROOT will host a community pizza party at an upcoming North American live event
The whole idea is to let Papa John's know how strong the eSports community can be. If you love eSports and are wondering what's for dinner, maybe this week you'll consider half off at Papa John's. Don't forget to instruct them to write ESPORTS on the box.
Source: Team Liquid