Volunteer GMs plot out activities to keep fans of the post-apocalyptic MMO entertained.
Developer Notorious Games employs volunteer GMs called guides for its futuristic free-to-play MMO Xsyon, and it is up to these guides to run the in-game events that happen throughout the world. They've been busy coming up with a host of activities that should keep players busy for the next month and a half.
With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress.
You are a survivor. Your youth was spent lost in times of war. Your memories of the past with its machines, computers, bright lights and buildings reaching for the skies are vague and ever fading, a distant and unreal dream. You grow accustomed to ancient ways that now once again rule the world.
On the agenda starting tomorrow:
- August 17: The brand new "Handy-Man Provider Challenge". Navigation, crafting and organization will be the keys to winning this orienteering-style event.
- August 24: The return of the hugely popular "Haunted House". Bring a partner and battle against the terrors of the haunted house to find the hidden treasures!
- August 31: "Ironman Race". Better work on your stamina because this is a long race, which will see you running, swimming and pulling a cart all the way around Founder's Island.
- September 7: "Gladiator Event". Become the king of the gladiators in this PvE event. Can you defeat the dreaded Shadow Bear?
- September 14: Don't have time to hang around? Come and meet all our guides in this weekend packed full of mini-events.
- September 21: "Crazy Basket Hunt". Do you dare to venture out of the safety of your tribe and find the treasure cart?
- September 28: "Mega Cross Country Challenge. The big race across multiple zones. Guides will be waiting at various checkpoints. Can you risk the dangers and be the first to cross the finish line?
If players miss one event, no worries. They will be run multiple times. The official site will have more details as each event approaches.