From truckers to cruisers to command ships, CCP is tweaking some ships stats and abilities.
Since it's launch 10 years ago, EVE Online has created some stories and battles that have achieved legendary status in the annals of open-world MMO game play. It takes a special type of player to stay with the game and participate in these epic confrontations and machinations.
Unfortunately, this is not a story about one of those adventures. This is a more mundane report from CCP that involves the rebalancing of 28 ships in the upcoming Odyssey 1.1 patch.
Some changes are a simple as name changes, while others may cause some outcry from the fanbase using those ships. Here is a quick breakdown of some of the changes:
In EVE, a universe of unbounded opportunity awaits new capsuleers, whether they lust after wealth, crave the fight or simply yearn for adventure among the stars. The venerable and ever-updated science-fiction MMO lets you create a spaceship pilot, mine the stars, engage in corporate warfare, and live in one of the deepest MMO communities available.
- Some industrial ships will now have specialized roles with dedicated bays for certain items, such as ore, ice, minerals and commodities.
- Heavy Assault Cruisers will be getting a new role bonus focusing on durability and electronics. They also get a new bonus that is similar to Assault Frigates in a 50 percent reduction in Microwavedrive signature radius penalty.
- There is no longer a distinction between "field" and "fleet" command ships. Each ship will have two main weapon styles and two bonus disciplines depending on race. Combat capabilities are aslo being upgraded.
- Major changes are being made to warfare links, multipliers and bonuses.
- Medium long-range turrets are being revamped, with more damage and less tracking.
- Nosferatu modules will be returning, sans some of the abilities that made them so overpowering before.
- The Dominix Battlecruiser is having its drone tracking and optimal range bonus reduced for 10 percent to 7.5 percent.
Of course, the changes are a bit more intricate than can be explained in a simple news post, so it is probably best that you get the full scoop from CCP Fozzie's post on the official site.
Source: Official site.