MMORPG editor Jon Wood traveled to Oslo, Norway to get a first hand look at Age of Conan. He presents the first part of his report today. Here's a portion of his write up:[blockquote]Tomorrow, we will go into aspects of the game like City Building, Mounted Combat and the like, but today, I thought I'd share some of the random facts that came out during the trip:
- All sound in the game is recorded in 5.1, including the music, which is usually done in Stereo.
- Age of Conan makes use of over 20,000 sound effects
- When all is said and done, Age of Conan will have between 2-3 hours of original music.
- One of the Simerian music tracks that we heard makes use of an actual Northern language.
- Age of Conan makes use of between 300 and 400 different combat moves.
- Age of Conan makes heavy use of motion capture, from sword thrusts to fatality moves, right down to the horse movements.
- For those of you in Beta, some aspects of the current beta are 2-3 months out of date and will be replaced shortly.